I really sympathise with yr situation. My hubby does not help much too even if he is at home.. worse still now with a maid.. he literally leaves everything to the maid to do (eg feeding baby, rocking baby, playing with baby, changing diaper). He used to do all these things when we did not have maid. But not now.
I got a maid after my confinement. I'm returning to work end Sept after 4 mths of maternity leave and my mum-in-law will be coming to my place in the morning to "look after" my maid while my maid looks after my baby. Even though I can trust my maid to look after my baby by herself (we let her looked after our baby when we went for grocery shopping sometimes & I know my maid's sister-in-law who is also working as a maid in Spore) but many pple are not comfortable with this idea , esp when yr maid is all alone in the house with yr baby for long hours everyday. You will never know what yr maid will do to your child esp with all those horror reports of child abuse by maids.
There are a few options which you can think about :
1. Get a maid now and observe her for time being until you return to work (preferably a month or two). Let her familiarise with yr baby and yr expectations.
2. Install a surveillance camera at home to "spy" on maid (I have installed one in my living room.. the camera can turn 360 degrees & I can view it in my laptop thro internet while at work!)
3. Get a relative to help out while you're at work. Give the relative some allowance if possible.
4. Put child in Infant Care (some of my colleagues did that and the children turn out to be just as happy)
5. Quit job and be a stay home mum (if you can afford it) until child is old enough to go for childcare.