Things I pay for my maid:
- postage to send letters home (i send by registered mail), i even helped her send some toys back to indon (she say in indon cant find those toys n her boy will definitely like the toys)
- shampoo, soap, moisturizer (cos she does all the housework, sometimes skin will get dry/scaly, so i ask her to use)
- toothbrush, toothpaste
- underwear (how to work comfortably if you dont have proper underwear?), sanitary pad
- phone calls to indonesia (i let her use our house phone call back using IDD 018. abit more exp than buying phone cards but she onli call back once a month and it's only less than $3)
- snacks (other than basic breakfast lunch dinner, i also buy snacks in case she is hungry in afternoon)
- remittance fee $12 when send money to indon via western union (she prefers this cos she trust it more than others, and they dont have bank account, so i cant do wire transfer)
the above items are not so expensive until we cant afford, so i tink it's alright to pay for her. but my maid noes that she's suppose to buy it herself (agent made it very clear to her). me n husband told her if she work hard for us, this type of small things we dont wanna be calculative with her.
When i bring her out, she eats wotever i order, but i always ask her preference first. whether she want rice or noodles, dry or soup. they are also humans so we must also respect them n get something they wanna eat. my maid dont like to waste food, so she'll always finish everything we order for her.
when we go shopping, sometimes we will buy snacks to eat along the way, i always buy for her also.