Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Maid Agency Reviews

This is a discussion on Maid Agency Reviews within the Domestic Helper, Nanny and Confinement Lady forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hi all, I have created a list of agencies and customers reviews here. Please feel free to view. Singapore Maid ...

Worthy Lady

Maid Agency Reviews

Hi all,
    I have created a list of agencies and customers reviews here. Please feel free to view.

Singapore Maid Agencies Reviews

Please feel free to send me your reviews of the maid agencies you have used before, good or bad also can. dont't worry you will remain anonymous. This will benefit other mommies when they choose their maid agencies. Thanks !

Worthy Lady

Re: Maid Agency Reviews

How come it seems like all are bad? No one with good experience to share?

Female Attendant

I have just got a maid from an agency named Bluesky employment agency, and they have recommended a very good maid to me. They provide home visit to understand my needs.

You can call them at 8127-8881 or 6498-2898 if you are want to know more details.

Hope the information helps.

Female Attendant

My recommendation would be an Employment Agency which self own and the owner is running the show. The service that provided by her is good and she is moltivated in providing the service to keep her customer. I had a very good experience with her since my first maid, during then I needed a maid urgently and I was having my confinement. She went extra mile by bringing the bio data that match my requirement to my house, at the same time she explained patiently and detail on the selection criteria. As that was my 1st hiring, at that time the service and information that provided was really helpful. You can reach her at 98573533 if you need more information.

Female Attendant

Hey I saw this post and called up these guys. Tell me as the post is 3 months old, are you still happy with them? They seemed couteous enough on phone but want to double check on your experience.

Female Attendant

Hey can you give me the name of this agency and also how is the experience now?

Female Attendant

Hi, I have PM you the detail.

i realised smaller agency, thei maid quality not so good....very young...

I am worried that the maid lied about their age...

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by IVYTeo View Post
    My recommendation would be an Employment Agency which self own and the owner is running the show. The service that provided by her is good and she is moltivated in providing the service to keep her customer. I had a very good experience with her since my first maid, during then I needed a maid urgently and I was having my confinement. She went extra mile by bringing the bio data that match my requirement to my house, at the same time she explained patiently and detail on the selection criteria. As that was my 1st hiring, at that time the service and information that provided was really helpful. You can reach her at 98573533 if you need more information.
    Hi... Do you hav e agency name or e lady's name? Thanks in advance

Female Attendant

Hi,
    I have PM you.

hpc
    Worthy Lady

Not all small agency's maids are not so good.The agent I got my maid is not bad,so far got 3 maids from her ,all finish contract.

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by hpc View Post
    Not all small agency's maids are not so good.The agent I got my maid is not bad,so far got 3 maids from her ,all finish contract.
    Hi could you share e details of your agency? thanks

hpc
    Worthy Lady

This agent is run by husband n wife,no advertistment fee so either low agency fee or some bios 0 agency fee.So far her maids dont't give me problem ,can handle baby/kids after I train them,do house work,do cooking etc.My present maid will be finishing her contract in 5mths time,will be getting another maid from her anytime.

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by hpc View Post
    This agent is run by husband n wife,no advertistment fee so either low agency fee or some bios 0 agency fee.So far her maids dont't give me problem ,can handle baby/kids after I train them,do house work,do cooking etc.My present maid will be finishing her contract in 5mths time,will be getting another maid from her anytime.
    Hi.... Could you share e details of your maid agency ... Thanks in advance

Talking Re: Maid Agency Reviews

Big agency usually charge $500+ for agency fees.
    Small agency charge around $300+ for agency fees.

Big agency has training centre in SG to re-train the maid after they reached SG.
    Small agency do not have training centre in SG at all. They usually bring the maid back to their home to train personally.

forever1090 likes this.

Female Attendant

Hi,

I am looking for a maid in Malaysia and found the following website, hopefully can help someone in the future.

Maid in Malaysia | Homeloq

Does anyone know of a cheap dentist?

My new maid has super bad breath. Prob bad tooth decay.

Dang. My poor baby gotta take in her smelly breath.

We paid $200 for previous maid's dental job. Lucky she worked 2 years.

My maid also got bad breath, like something rot in her mouth.
    The reason why this is so is b/c she takes sambal, and maybe got gastric problems, and also dont drink WATER at all.

My confinement lady is telling my maid to wash her mouth/teeth with salt every morning. She told my maid off that her maid is smelly. Hahahahaha...damn funny.

Honestly, I also nearly fainted when she opened her mouth. My poor baby got to smell her smelly breath ....

Congrats, you have delivered

I only heard that some FDWs have bad body odour until I met my previous maid.

After the dentist extracted the decayed teeth, the bad breath went away. Tooth decay can cause FOUL FOUL bad breath.

Most chilli-loving Singaporeans dont't have such stinky breath.

This Burmese doesn't eat much chilli & her breath is worse than 2nd maid. I sometimes see her auto rinse mouth after a meal. I think we kena again sian

Lucky, the dentist could extract the molars last time. Otherwise, it'll be $200 per tooth instead.

Female Attendant

Hi, d you still employ the maid ? How's your experience ? May i know what agency did you use ? Thank you...
    Quote Originally Posted by IVYTeo View Post

PING - HELP!!!

I think I need to bring my maid to the dentist too.
    Why?
    Her bad breath is getting better, thru rinising her mouth with salt and drinking water. (I found out she dont drink water at all!!! Then I got to use 'force' to make her drink water. So I pour her a cup of water and ask her to take her time to drink the water while I watched her do it. 1st time, she finished the cup of water then vomitted. 2nd time, it got better and now she is drinking water. No wonder she complained she hasn't shit for 3 days to my CL.)

Today my CL told me that she saw the maid's gum bleeding. Due to hygiene reason I think I should bring the maid to dentist to check what is wrong with her mouth and ask the dentist to tell her cos sometimes when we tell her, she is abit stubbon. Maid told me she is scared to go to the dentist, I told her if you want to take care of my baby, you need to be clean and hygienic. (c'mon I AM PAYING ok!)

PING - how much did you pay for dentist visit? Did you bring her to poly clinic type or private dentist?

We went to woodlands polyclinic (pte) cos we walked wrongly into the privatised section.

The cheap/subsidised dentist (w no air-con) was on the other side but my hub went straight for air-con clinic.

We can't book an early apt with subsidised dentist. We were told we have to just walk in & queue until the dentist is free to see my maid cos she was in pain. The call operator will tell you that it's same rate for foreigners, subsidised or privatised case. So my hub who was "suffering from heatstroke" just opted for air-con & no queue. Lucky the guy was skilful & managed to extract w/o breaking the teeth.

My heart was thumping then. so relieved that the bill was only $100 per tooth which is same as dentist in private practise.
    My Yishun neighbourhood dentist charged more & the clinic was so badly equipped. X-ray price was double. Strangely, there was a long queue at clinic.

Female Attendant

Hi

Just to share this info……….just personal views. There is an agency in Lucky Plaza - Universal (with another branch in Marine Parade), which tells their transfer maids that they need only to pay S$100 registration fees and the agent will get them new employers as and when they go back to them. I feel that this is in a way encouraging the maids from that agency to keep requesting for transfers as the agent guarantees to get them new employer and increment in their salary for their new job. On the other hand, the agent is collecting high agency fees from customers who are looking for transfer maids and replacement is only free for the first 3 months. And the transfer maids will work for the employer for a few months and request for transfer again since they have the agency's support to get them new employers with higher pay without having to pay any agency fees.

So, for those who are looking for transfer maids, find out more from the agencies which you contact before deciding to take their transfer maids.

Female Attendant

Hi there, I'm looking for a reliable maid agency. Pl can you all pm me on your recommendation? Went to Katong and almost got a fili maid from one of the bigger agency but after reading many bad reviews about this company, I'm having second thoughts. Thanks!
    Last edited by Jlam; 02-10-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Female Attendant

Hi all mummies (and daddies)..

I have a lot of experiences (good, but mostly bad) while with working with maids, what kind of funny (undetected) tricks (unless you install a camera) they do behind your backs.. some things you have to close one eye but some you have to confront with them and councel them immediately, but i will share all those later.

Currently my Indonesian maid has requested a transfer. she has boldly requested that we dont't send her to the same agency, and that there are procedures to send her to another agency that she seems to be very well versed in. We told her we will monitor her performance until we get a new maid and see how.

Unfortunately, she still tries to do funny tricks and always has a fast answer when confronted. My mum is staying with us to help with baby care ( I have 2 sons aged 2.5yrs & 4 mths).

I guess she has realised that she cannot try to bluff us no matter how cunning she is , (and she is really cunning). Luckily its not easy to bluff us but its not good for her so she wants to go to another family to try & 'ular' (eat snake). 2nd reason is transfer can get more $$ ..

I have been searching for a reliable maid for the past 2 weeks but have not been very successfull. If anyone has a good maid (with ref #) or needs to transfer one that you dont't need anymore, maybe you can recommend to me. As for agencies, I have asked several , and given my criteria but they seem to not really give me what I requested..

need help... in the meantime I will still continue searching and interviewing a few here & there.. will update if I am successful..
    Lavender25 likes this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast