Hi weishy, i left my maid with my 2 boys (16 mths) at home. she has been looking after them for 6 mths just right after 2 wks training w my mother in law, i left them at hm alone. As both dear husband & me need to work (before that they were taken care of by my mother in law & father in law). Since she has to handle 2 boys i told her:
1) priority is the boys..things you cannot finish then leave it. (luckily she somehow can manage to cook for them and do some housework. of cos alot of housechores she cannot do but she will try to wash clothes (washing machine) & cook for my boys & herself of cos.
2) no i did not install any camera..(i'm lucky my neighbour sometimes will drop by to see things)
3) mother in law will only comes when she's free (once or twice a month) whereas my mum seldom comes as she need to look after my niece.
4) no..i dont't ask her to do marketing (i will do it) and she can only bring the boys down when me or my dear husband is around (anyway she cannot bring them down as it's diff with 2)
5) she has a mobile phone when she arrives n i only allow her to call once a wk back home. I just installed back the singtel residential line so she can use to call use us when needed.