Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

question on nanny

This is a discussion on question on nanny within the Domestic Helper, Nanny and Confinement Lady forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Hi, really need some advice to mummy who employ nanny. what are the question we ask when we meet them ...

Bt Batok
    question on nanny

Hi, really need some advice to mummy who employ nanny.
    what are the question we ask when we meet them up? what do we look out for when we visit their house? Also how much do you consider the right price n not being overcharge? I just found a nanny and will be meeting up with her. Her charges are like 500 for just weekday about a total of 8hours. I dont't know if that consider expensive? Would really love to hear some advice to those which experience Thanks n greatly appreciated

Worthy Lady
    Re: question on nanny

I think that is very reasonable already!
    I think you should check if the place is child proof and safe.Important as your child will be there for like the whole day.
    If you are ok with pets then its ok if not check if she has pets or not.
    Ask about her experiences and chat about some recent articles on child abuse and stuff like that and see whats her response.dont't make it too serious just like casual chatting at the same time while you ask her questions.
    Like that you can somehow or rather know her character and how she will treat your kid.
    Does she have her own kids?
    If possible can get references from her previous employer.
    Ask about your child's meals and the daily activities she will be doing too

Female Attendant

my experience whether you are getting a nanny or maid is to ask what their day is like. Since they will be telling you what they do according to what time of the day, it will be hard for them to make things up as they speak. If the story comes naturally, she should be telling the truth. if the story comes in bits and pieces and seems illogical, then more likely made up. Just my 5cents.

I will also ask if she is looking after other children & what are their ages/routine. If she needs to send the other children to school, then what about your baby? Is she bringing baby out as well or does she have other alternative arrangements?

My mother in law recommended 1 to us when I was preggy with my 1st kid but we weren't comfortable cos my kid will be the 3rd child in the household she was babysitting. The other 2 were in PAP kindy so that meant she'll need to bring all 3 out everyday. I dont't know how she was going to do it, esp when it rains but I rather not chance it.
    Last edited by camom; 10-12-2009 at 08:41 AM.