You are interviewing a transfer maid or new maid?
For transfer maid :
1. Why kenna transferred.
2. Whats the working environment in the x-emplyer's house (like how many pp, do what duty, wake up at what time, cook, look after baby or children, bring kids to school etc)
3. Why want to continue to work in Singapore
4. Like Singapore or not.
For new maid:
1. Wk in Sg before
2. Wk else where before as domestic helper?
3. What duties she did previously?
In addition, you may want to ask the followings (new/ tfr) questions:
1. She is married? For how long? How many kids? Who is taking care of the kids when she is here?
2. If not married, got bf?
3. She is no. what child in the family? Usually who does the housework? Who she has in the family, if something happen, must she go back (last time my maid need to go home cos her mum was sick and nobody to attend to)
4. When she wk last time as domestic helper, how many maid that employer has (cos sometimes, they have diff maid for diff functions).
5. Can she cook, what dishes.
6. You can ask her specifically, how she cook porride or fried rice, these two are quite common things. Thru her process of descrbing to you, not only can you forsee "how" she does that, you also can tell whether you can "understand" her words.
7. Tell her how many pp you have in the house now.
8. Tell her how many pp you later may have (eg. if say your parents planning to come over in 2 mths time)
9. If you need her to look after baby, you may want to list down all detail things she need to do, if she dont't know, you may want to ask is she willing to learn. Try to be as specific as possible. For example, waking up at nite to make milk, burp her, change clothes, shower etc.
10. You must tell her how old the baby now, whether she ever handle baby of this age, she scare of the baby or not.
11. If baby cry non stop, what can she do if she alone with baby in the house.
12. What other work you need her to do and there are how many pp in the family now.
Tho is true that, by saying too much details, you may frighten the maid off, but, if you withheld, there is a possibility that they come here, they say you cheat them and they dont't want to continue working.
That time I went to a maid agent in TPY to look for transfer maid. It was a filipino, I interviewed her over the phone cos she was at the other center. She told me, she refuse to wk cos that time she came, it was a 4 pp family, parents and 2 kids. After she came for one month, the employer as her parents to come over to stay. She buay song, so she quit.
I got 8 pp in my house, tho there is not really much things to do (kids go childcare, father cook, maid only do cleaning and washing). I still exaggerated it very much when I interviewed the transfer maid. Now she is very happy in my house, cos most of the time, she is very busy, busy folding clothes only kekekekek, compared to her ex-employer's house, they got 2 maids in a bungalow, but the other maid look after kids, she do all the housework, everyday do until nearly fainted. She was returned becos her cooking sucks.
I have taught her how to cook very simple dishes, and she is super eager to learn, everytime I cook, she will stand beside me, but I told her, she is here to work, not here to attend class, she should always attend to the housewk first. And my father love to cook, so there is not much chance she can cook in the house also.
She was with us since march 2010.