design the pool or interior?
This is a discussion on How you would design with this floor plan? within the Home Design and Decoration Tips forum, part of the Home Planning Forum category; All Design Gurus, How would you design with a floor plan like this? the pool is 8.3M x 2.5M Cheers, ...
All Design Gurus,
How would you design with a floor plan like this?
the pool is 8.3M x 2.5M
design the pool or interior?
err, why suddenly cant edit posting
nvm, I make another posting ...
just walk in n flip the IDs work. Sometimes, you get ideas/design you never would have thot of
Otherwise, ask them to think for you n you compile whatever you like into yr dream home
There is a slight problem with edit post right now and i am going to fix it in abit
Actually design the whole place and you are right ... i should look up those magazines for ideas.
Some ideas to share when you start embarking on the journey of renovation....coz we tend to get "lost" with too many ideas....some basic ones to keep your concept intact and so that you wont be so lost when too many ideas from different IDs start pouring in~
1) Space planning - Make FULL use of your current home assets....meaning the GOOD points of your current space layout. From what i can see here, the BEST areas to make full use of are :
- a lovely big open terrace next to the reflections of a pool.
- long and wide planters on both sides of the living and dining
- planters for every room
- luxurious master bath
2) Decide what kind of lifestyle you want to have in the house
based on item 1) above, decide what kind of lifestyle you would like to have. Meaning are you an OPEN concept person? Or you prefer all closed up? I explain for you here:
- a lovely big open terrace next to the reflections of a pool. = Big open terraces are ideal for alfrescos and gatherings (like Mummysg?). Make full use of this open terrace. Of coz addition of trellises are subject to approval but it would be advantageous to have. Go for landscaping if you are a plant lover. Or go for DRY sand garden if you prefer less maintenance. All depends on your lifestyle.
- long and wide planters on both sides of the living and dining & - planters for every room These areas need constant maintenance but will be nice to have as they add on lush landscapes to your home. Some pple prefer to deck over and put potted plants instead. If you loved to look after plants can keep them. Also when choosing blinds these areas are the ones that give a very nice and subtle backdrop to the whole house. I reckon the windows are full-length? If so, that will be very nice.
- luxurious master bath its always nice to bath in a nice and big master bath, coupled with the companionship of lush landscaped planters side by side.
3) Decide the concept that you want
- if you go for OPEN, there are many areas that you can choose to OPEN them. Meaning:
a) The kitchen - OPEN concept kitchens add space and elegance to the entire space, as well as light up the area. Your kitchen layout at current looks pretty enclosed to me. If you like, can explore the idea of opening up the kitchen and integrate the dining space with an island cum dining. Will be nice. But open concept kitchens does have its Pros and Cons.
b) The entrance - planters and windows next to the entry foyer, its a nice feeling as it reduces the visual constraint when we enter our house. You can dress up the planter area with portable water feature so that it adds on the flowing sound of water when you enter your house. Gives you a good feeling of serenity.
c) The interiors - decide on a concept that you would liked to have. Lush landscapes will normally go with balinese or tropical concepts. Sand gardens or dry pebbles gardens will be slightly modern, minimalist and contemporary. There are also some clients who go for "in-betweens"....but these are all your own preference.
d) Lastly, the feasibility of your concept - bearing in mind that who will be staying in the house. Do you have young kids? Do you have elderly? They also play an important part in the decision making process.
hope my contributions are useful ~~~
Last edited by CanCanMum; 13-05-2009 at 05:31 AM.
There will be 4 people staying there (Myself, Wife, Son (3 years old) and daughter (4months).
I am pretty much into relaxing type of style but modern or chic design works for me. I guess i need to see few sample and decide what i really want.
For the open terrace, i am planning to have Balinese style with big pebbles on the floor and palm trees.
The thing about planters is if i were to use real live plant, maintenance could be headache.
Also the pool, it is elevated (stair) from the open terrace ... i am pretty excited to see how it turns out once it is completed.
Yes this is a new property located at east site (Telok Kurau)
Actually i think mid 2010 would be the best time to pick up bargains from resales market as there are a lot of projects TOP.