This is the info i gathered from another forum
Just sharing my experience as an ex-owner of HR. First of all, the construction took 4 years+ (i'm one of the early suckers who purchased in 2001 blindly) which was a frustrating wait. Given that the 99 leasehold starts from 2000, I've lost 5 years of the lease... Well, the frustration didn't end after i collected my keys:
1. Parking - oh my, I live in the block (2B) farthest away from the multi storey and I was drenched many times trying to walk to my block because no proper shelter! My previous HDB multistorey carpark has way better sheltered link to the lift lobby! Parking at 2B is impossible if you come home after 8pm. Simply too many cases, too little lots. Did I mention my car was vandalised twice at HR?
2. Lift lobby of block 2B. They retrofitted a automated door to the lift lobby and airconditioned it.... Either the human traffic of that lobby is really high or the quality of the door/aircon was so bad that these 2 broke down >50% of the time ... sigh. It didn't look like a brand new condo at all at that time.
3. Cockroaches and ants. I've lived in HDB prior to HR and have my fair share of creepy crawlies but the sighting of roaches in my unit and at the lift lobby was unacceptable, even for HDB standards. This gets really unsightly when the pest control comes in. Wow... like a mine field littered with dead roaches. I wish I took a pic to show you here.
4. Rubbish chute. Poor design because the chute column is too narrow hence the ledge of my chute was so dirty! Not to mention the seeing roaches at my chute is almost a guaranteed event everytime I opened it. I have no problems with my HDB chute. The sides of my chute was leaking some brownish water and got FEO to rectify it. They came, fixed it but the problem returned after a month ... gave up.
5. Aircon duct (inside the house). Within 24 months of living in my brand new HR condo, there were leaks at parts of the aircon duct. You can see the condensation at some part of the walls that are concealing the ducts. Guess what? My aircon was totally leaked out of "aircon gas" very soon after.
6. Toilet bowl. Once again the quality of the fittings is in question. My toilet bowl flush is not working as it should by the 15th month. I have to manually open the toilet cover and flush it from the lever inside. After a few weeks, I got it fixed with $35 poorer. My HDB toilet lasted way longer than that.
7. Frame of main door. I dont't know it was not solid wood. The top layer is actually a cover, like a laminate layer, nailed to the wall, giving it a frame look. How did I know this? The "frame" layer fell out! Wow... that was the last straw.
I sold it on the 25th month and happily living in a rental HDB ever since. I expect my next property from CDL to give me a decent quality home. Maybe I'm just unlucky to experience the above. Anyone can attest to my testimony? ; )