This is a discussion on Wondering what course should your child pick for Tertiary Education? within the Secondary School and Higher Education forum, part of the Singapore Kiasu Parents Forum category; We are introducing a You’re Empowered! workshop specially designed to help teenagers aged 15 – 18 to find their place ...
We are introducing a You’re Empowered! workshop specially designed to help teenagers aged 15 – 18 to find their place in the working world. Results alone will not help you make a decision about what course to take after graduation.
Workshop consists of:
1) Understand Yourself - Take the researched based Gallup Strength Finder (Tom Rath, 2007) to find out what jobs suit you
2) Knowing the jobs - Learn about different jobs and their current trends in the market today
3) Learning life skills - Equip yourself with life skills by role-playing work scenarios commonly faced by employees today
4) Sneak preview - Provide students with an opportunity to learn more about their selected careers through job shadowing, an interactive talk or hands-on course
Benefits for your child:
- Get to know your strengths & passion
- Get a list of recommended jobs that play to your strengths
- Get first hand information about the job you're interested in
- Get the chance to try out a job
- Get to learn life skills that will increase your employability
- Increase your self motivation
Visit Colour My Life - You're Empowered - Home to sign up for the Nov / Dec 2013 course today!