This is a discussion on FYI: PCF special edn needs team within the Parenting Special Needs Child forum, part of the MummySG Special Group category; hi mummies, PCF now has a special edn needs (SEN) team which supports its, urm, 246 kindergartens island-wide. As I ...
PCF now has a special edn needs (SEN) team which supports its, urm, 246 kindergartens island-wide.
As I understand fr a friend, you need to put in a request to teacher/ctr principal before the SEN team can come in to assist. It may be helpful if you print out the page and ask the principal for clarification/assistance.
According to the webby, the SEN team consists of 5 individuals, so while they may not be able to help some kids, they can refer you to a suitable external agency for assistance.
PCF - View Articles
The SEN team comprises three NUS-trained Social Workers and two Learning Support Coaches trained and experienced in early intervention strategies.
HQ's Special Educational Needs (SEN) team services began in 2005. The team provides interim help and support to PCF preschool centres with students presenting possible special learning needs.
The range of SEN services available include:
1. Field casework, referrals, information and supportive counselling
2. Short-term in-class coaching for PCF students, teachers, parents or caregivers
3. SEAPT Screening (Singapore English Action Picture Test). This is a screening test for expressive language of young children
4. DEST-II Screening (Dyslexia Early Screening Test - Second Edition) (DEST-II). This is a screening instrument used for early identification of K1-K2 students who may be at risk of reading difficulties
5. Initiate projects and facilitate collaboration with various government bodies, VWOs and community agencies to make early intervention and related services more accessible to PCF preschoolers