Do you bathe/wash hair during your confinement period?

jassmine

i bath almost everyday but without the herb, use once only but cant stand the herb smell n too troublesome to boil it

pigletgal81

i bath after giving birth 8 days later. And only twice every week with only herbs. My MIL does not allow me to use shower foam at all.

Washing of hair is only 1 time every week. Not with shampoo but with herbs water only. better than nothing.

SH74

my CL dun let me wash hair for 1st month. only can use herbs to wipe body (esp 1st week). then say can use herbs to bathe (2nd week onwards). but i secretly wash hair w shower foam every alternate day, but use herbs to wash off.

for me, i had to wash my hair 'cause it's making me feel v depressed. felt so much better (more refreshed) aft that.

princessminn

I tink i'll be bathing every single day during my confinement.
super bui tahan not bathing at all and cant on e fan.
told my mom who will be doing my confinement for mi tt everything in confinement rules i can listen expect not bathing.
i tink i'll get super cranky if i nvr bathe lo.
i was telling my younger bro tt i noe y ppl get post natal depression after birth le,
it is becoz they din get to bathe and they start tinking alot lo.
i dun wish myself to have tt so i wanna bathe.

joeichen

I think i tahan the longest. I hold for 20days. Mayb was bcoz of the jamu during the massage so was not really smelly juz very sticky so I only wipe my body with the herbs water. I still remember that time the weather was like hell..... no rain at all.......

kym

Oh, all dear mummies, please bathe everyday during your confinement period for hygiene purposes. You can add in herbs or ginger. Even Chinese doctor and sinsieh also advise bathe during Confinement period.

CanCanMum

I think i tahan the longest. I hold for 20days. Mayb was bcoz of the jamu during the massage so was not really smelly juz very sticky so I only wipe my body with the herbs water. I still remember that time the weather was like hell..... no rain at all.......
wah 20days....superb!!! :red::red::red:

princessminn

Oh, all dear mummies, please bathe everyday during your confinement period for hygiene purposes. You can add in herbs or ginger. Even Chinese doctor and sinsieh also advise bathe during Confinement period.
put ginger as in slices ones?

Jane Chow

I nv bath for the 1st 7 days..then after that I bath daily with herb and ginger water...May is a super hot month..cant stand without bathing...

CJmom

please bathe everyday during your confinement period for hygiene purposes.
When you need to wash your hands, e.g. dirty or prior to ebm, do you like keep a small pail of the herbs water to be used throughout the day? If not how to wash hands???

CanCanMum

my mil said no need herbs water to wash hands but juz used cooled boiled water to brush teeth/wash face/wash hands.....dun touch tap water can oredi...and must be quick! lols

CJmom

my mil said no need herbs water to wash hands but juz used cooled boiled water to brush teeth/wash face/wash hands.....dun touch tap water can oredi...and must be quick! lols
ah...silly me.. I kept a small pail of the herbs water for my 1st confinement which of course ran out fast and wondered how other mummies wash their hands or wash up after poo-ing. Then I heck it and used tap water to quickly wash. Okie now "smarter" will use boiled water. Hope not too late... kekeke..

joanne6298

can use heater water to wash face and brush teeth ma?

Another question is, if cannot bath for one month, isnt it very dirty if u breast feed your baby? ur "ahem" is sticky and oily and salty.. LOL..

please advise

CanCanMum

can use heater water to wash face and brush teeth ma?

Another question is, if cannot bath for one month, isnt it very dirty if u breast feed your baby? ur "ahem" is sticky and oily and salty.. LOL..

please advise
some traditions prevent mums from bathing for entire month (smelly everyday la....)

some traditions encourage bathing everyday, but must be using herbs and boiling water (at least 40-50 degs)

some traditions allow washing of hair from day 12 onwards.

some traditions allow bathing only after 7 days

the westerners bathe and wash hair almost everyday

it depends on which tradition u believe or is forced to believe in.

For my Mum, she did not bathe + wash hair for the entire 30 days. But my MIL allows me to bathe everyday using herbs water. But strongly no washing of hair until the day that u hold your baby shower (full month)

CJmom

But strongly no washing of hair until the day that u hold your baby shower (full month)
CanCanMum: Do you know what will happen if we wash our hair b4 bb's full month? Like, does it cause more hair loss? If so, then I will better be safe than sorry cos now already start dropping hair.

BbpHir3

But my MIL allows me to bathe everyday using herbs water. But strongly no washing of hair until the day that u hold your baby shower (full month)
mi too.. i use those powdered de dry shampoo... lalala.. but i did wash the dishes n wash my hands quite regularly n wash up my DD b4 bed withtap water!!! hahaha....