Dr Yu Su Lin, SGH

nasha

Hi, she is my gynae for my 2nd & 3rd. In my opinion, she is very experienced & prefers to go natural, not rushing into things. Btw she is also the head of the dept.

duhduh

Hi, she is my gynae for my 2nd & 3rd. In my opinion, she is very experienced & prefers to go natural, not rushing into things. Btw she is also the head of the dept.
i'd only seen her twice...she's like so busy leh.And when she ask me to take med, like so different method from the 'norm'?

nasha

Ya agree tt she always busy every time i went to see her. Seems like she got alot of patients, not only preg ladies but also ladies who go for their yearly checkup or something.
Wat med u supposed to take??

duhduh

Ya agree tt she always busy every time i went to see her. Seems like she got alot of patients, not only preg ladies but also ladies who go for their yearly checkup or something.
Wat med u supposed to take??
yar lo...even though i pay private rates to see her, still gonna wait like hours!
She gave me clomid...ask me eat the next day after i seen her (but i'm not having mense then!)..coz when i asked friends, they say eat like duno how many days or during mense.

nasha

Wat is the clomid for? U ask her? Thought supposed to let u kno wat is it for b4 askin u to take any med/vitamins! Anyway, u paying private rates for her service wat, ask her lots of questions/doubts to make yr waitin worth it lah! hee! Stil remember my husband always commented the other time waited like hours for our turn but done in a minute or two!

duhduh

Wat is the clomid for? U ask her? Thought supposed to let u kno wat is it for b4 askin u to take any med/vitamins! Anyway, u paying private rates for her service wat, ask her lots of questions/doubts to make yr waitin worth it lah! hee! Stil remember my husband always commented the other time waited like hours for our turn but done in a minute or two!
she say clomid to balance my hormones....
oh yeah, i always say i want to ask her lots of questions but then by time wait and wait and go in, forget wat to ask already.
haha yar wait for ages to see less than 5mins, and pay so much..really worth it?

Jo'an

I'm under the care of her with my 1st baby. I'm in my 35 weeks now.

At first, i thought of changing to another gynae cause i feel that she's always rushing through our consultation but due to laziness...I juz stick with her. But once i hit my 3rd trimester, she'd become more patient during our consultation. She asked if I have any questions during every consultation and always insist on natural birth (that's what i want). So I'm feeling more comfy with her now.

I'd ask her if I'm about to give birth but she's having her consultation in the clinic, who's going to deliver my baby?.......She told me she will have to let all her patients (who's waiting for consultation) wait throughout the whole delivering process. So I think that's why she sometimes rush through consultations and her waiting time is so long.

For long waiting time.......It's about the same if you go to private clinic like TMC or so. I went to TMC for my 1st OB visit and the waiting time is about the same.....If you like to reduce ur waiting time, I'll suggest you go for morning (9am+) appt rather than afternoon. At first I always go for noon session and the waiting time was like hours! But since i changed it to morning session, the waiting time has reduced to less than an hour. And do sign up for express service (they will charge the bill to your credit card so you don't have to wait for payment. you can juz go off after consultation), it'll save you alot of time.

nasha

Thats wat i like abt her! Always insisting on natural iso rushing for c-sect. She will also visit u at the ward after delivery even if u stay at the subsidised ward.
Hmm.. probaly duhduh & jo'an can meet up n go chkup 2gether since both stayin in the west! haha

Jo'an

Thats wat i like abt her! Always insisting on natural iso rushing for c-sect. She will also visit u at the ward after delivery even if u stay at the subsidised ward.
Hmm.. probaly duhduh & jo'an can meet up n go chkup 2gether since both stayin in the west! haha

Oh ya, didn't notice that all of us stay in the west till you mentioned it.
Nasha & Duhduh.......when is ur EDD?

nasha

Hahaha my EDD? Not planning for the momment lah! I mean Dr Yu was
my gynae for my 2nd & 3rd pregnancy few years back. Me not preg now! haha!:werolleyes:

J

justforgags

My cousins DS was 3.98kg n was delivered naturally by DR YU SU LIN.. Thumbs up for her:Dancing_wub:..

shopaholic

I saw her for my 2nd pregancy and she was good. I had some staff benefits if I see a gynae in SGH, and I chose her becos of ex-colleague's recommendation. Indeed, she's very pro-natural and each time she did any cervix check, she was gentle and I did not feel any pain. Waiting time was long but I felt I was under professional care. She was steady and encouraging during delivery and everything went on smoothly well.

Now I'm working in another organisation and no longer hv the type of benefits with SGH, hence I'm seeing a private gynae now. Otherwise, I think I would hv gone bk to Dr Yu.

i would also like to add that she was really rushed and always like so busy...you feel like you're wasting her time. I hate that feeling. Maybe because they have quota of patients to meet? But def not going back to her.