MIL is not happy cos i'm a clean freak

doreenyeah

Hi,

I'm now at my 39.3 weeks pregnant & I'm stilll able to do house chores by myself without any help fm hubby or SIL. I usually like to vacuum & mop the whole house alternate day just to keep the house clean.

This morning I overheard her complaint to her friend that she can't stand me for being too hygiene & she worried that her grandchild will be affected cos i exhaust myself.

Sometime I find it vey diifficult to communicate with her, anyone encounter this before? Care to share?

apollo

I dun see anything wrong for being hygiene... esp u're now awaiting for your lil one.. if u dun clean ur hse now, how r u going to clean it during ur confinement?? just ignore ur mil.. u nv ask her to clean, u're doing it urself.. exhuast urself? I'm sure u will know when u're tired and shd stop right? in fact doing hsework during pregnancy is very good, cos can exercise... =)

doreenyeah

Hi Regina,

I totally agreed with you, hygiene is so important esp to my little one. If I ask her to vacuum & mop the whole house, I think she will faint cos I stay in mansionate… keekeekee

During my confinement I will get my mum to stay with me for 2 weeks cos my MIL doesn’t know how to shower baby & I worry she will drown my lil one.

apollo

Hi Regina,

I totally agreed with you, hygiene is so important esp to my little one. If I ask her to vacuum & mop the whole house, I think she will faint cos I stay in mansionate… keekeekee

During my confinement I will get my mum to stay with me for 2 weeks cos my MIL doesn’t know how to shower baby & I worry she will drown my lil one.
HAHA!!! cant stop laughing when i read the "I worry she will drown my lil one"

snowbear

Hi,

I'm now at my 39.3 weeks pregnant & I'm stilll able to do house chores by myself without any help fm hubby or SIL. I usually like to vacuum & mop the whole house alternate day just to keep the house clean.

This morning I overheard her complaint to her friend that she can't stand me for being too hygiene & she worried that her grandchild will be affected cos i exhaust myself.

Sometime I find it vey diifficult to communicate with her, anyone encounter this before? Care to share?
haha... your case is the opp of mine. My mil's a clean freak. Can't stop her from cleaning my house all the time. I get quite pissed lor... it's like once she comes she'll clean this and that as if i've been a bad housewife...

doreenyeah

Hi Snowbear,

She complaint about me being too hygiene & strange thing is she also likes to complaint about my SIL for not cleaning up her room (cos she share room with my SIL). Ha ha ha not sure what she want.

FannieMum

I guess u can just ignore ur MIL comments cause after all our little babies need tat extra cleanliness in the house..Its so impt lor...

As for me, MIL doesnt even care... Housework being done by someone every week.

akachan09

hi doreenyeah,

I think your MIL is fortunate enough to have a DIL like you. You are doing the cleaning, not her and she still complains...sigh.

Catty

Hi Snowbear,

She complaint about me being too hygiene & strange thing is she also likes to complaint about my SIL for not cleaning up her room (cos she share room with my SIL). Ha ha ha not sure what she want.
Think maybe your mil care for you and your bb but care in a wrong way ba..

Domique

Hi Doreen,

Many other unhappiness will happen when ur DS/DD is out. I had problems even with my own mother whom I love and respect so much...

Hi,

pkshl

but at least own mother won't bear gruge against us. MIL is different. how to voice out nicely without getting them misunderstood? i know my MIL is quite difficult person, like to speak bad things behind me, only through my hb den i koe she said im fussy person.i rather she say it in front of me lor, this shows tat she nv treat me as family, im juz outsider & baby-making machine to their family nia!

doreenyeah

I agree with pkshl, we cannot talk back to MIL but we can argue with our own mother, cos we need to respect her as MIL.

My MIL also likes to gossip behind a person, eventho she very nice to that person…. I was totally shocked hearing her conversations.

pkshl

I agree with pkshl, we cannot talk back to MIL but we can argue with our own mother, cos we need to respect her as MIL.

My MIL also likes to gossip behind a person, eventho she very nice to that person…. I was totally shocked hearing her conversations.
ya, my MIL sometimes will gossip abt this person , me also shocked when hear her conversations. if she can talk like that abt other ppl, she definately will also say me lor. den my colleagues tel me if i never hear what she say abt me juz close 1 eye cos old ppl are like tat 1.

come to think of it, sometimes my own mother also gossip abt my sis-inlaw...

akachan09

but at least own mother won't bear gruge against us. MIL is different. how to voice out nicely without getting them misunderstood? i know my MIL is quite difficult person, like to speak bad things behind me, only through my hb den i koe she said im fussy person.i rather she say it in front of me lor, this shows tat she nv treat me as family, im juz outsider & baby-making machine to their family nia!
pkshl....Hi-5 to you! My MIL is just like yours! SIL told me that MIL said I am a very stubborn person, my son is just like me. I also rather she says it to me than thru the mouth of my SIL. I always feel that she never treat me as part of the family. Whenever we visit her, she only cares for her grandson and my hubby. I am invisible. Always talk in her own dialects to her family and my hubby even though she knows that I do not understand. Nt that she cannot speak English or Mandarin. Ya, also a baby-making machine to their family. I am currently pregnant and whenever she sees me, she never show any concern, just ask me the exact due date and which hospital I deliver! Sigh....

pkshl

pkshl....Hi-5 to you! My MIL is just like yours! SIL told me that MIL said I am a very stubborn person, my son is just like me. I also rather she says it to me than thru the mouth of my SIL. I always feel that she never treat me as part of the family. Whenever we visit her, she only cares for her grandson and my hubby. I am invisible. Always talk in her own dialects to her family and my hubby even though she knows that I do not understand. Nt that she cannot speak English or Mandarin. Ya, also a baby-making machine to their family. I am currently pregnant and whenever she sees me, she never show any concern, just ask me the exact due date and which hospital I deliver! Sigh....
^5 to u too! my MIL is much worst. in my early pregnancy(last nov), she can boast to my parents that she will give me eat high grade birdnest so that i will ve big & fat baby. siao! but anywae endup only 1 small miserable cup of birdnest & that was last mth. & worst, she likes to compare me & her daughter(whos also pregnant) tummy, when i was in my 6th mth, she can tel me my tummy is NOT obvious unlike her daughter whos tummy so big & only 5mth. den FIL say who say cannot c tummy, his daughter is fat & big sized unlike me whos small size, den MIL still can argue say BUT I STILL CANNOT C HER TUMMY:elvis: WTH! i tink shes blind! & i was so pissed i told my hb straight his stupid mother is DAMN IRRITATING! he can juz say aiya shes like tat 1 la, juz ignore her lor. angry sia! so i bitch to my mum who hear liao very angry, go n scold my hb.

now i juz simply hate to go their house. they always cook so oily food, it was only when their daughter got go their house den i will get to eat good food.
overall, they r juz yucky & horrible! i cant imagine how will it like when she take care of my son nxt time. sure Quarrel with her everyday.

Satellite

I don't have such situation but I also think you clean too much. Sweeping floor every two days I can understand as it gets dusty but mopping every two days is a bit much! It is not good to have such a clean house. The baby needs to build up his/her immunity.

For the tummy, actually I would be quite happy if someone told me they can't see it....easier to loose weight later! :001_302:

pkshl

I don't have such situation but I also think you clean too much. Sweeping floor every two days I can understand as it gets dusty but mopping every two days is a bit much! It is not good to have such a clean house. The baby needs to build up his/her immunity.

For the tummy, actually I would be quite happy if someone told me they can't see it....easier to loose weight later! :001_302:
:tlaugh:guess i might b too sensitive on the tummy issue, but cant blame me also , im pregnant, got mood swings ma! :Dancing_tongue::tlaugh:

akachan09

^5 to u too! my MIL is much worst. in my early pregnancy(last nov), she can boast to my parents that she will give me eat high grade birdnest so that i will ve big & fat baby. siao! but anywae endup only 1 small miserable cup of birdnest & that was last mth. & worst, she likes to compare me & her daughter(whos also pregnant) tummy, when i was in my 6th mth, she can tel me my tummy is NOT obvious unlike her daughter whos tummy so big & only 5mth. den FIL say who say cannot c tummy, his daughter is fat & big sized unlike me whos small size, den MIL still can argue say BUT I STILL CANNOT C HER TUMMY:elvis: WTH! i tink shes blind! & i was so pissed i told my hb straight his stupid mother is DAMN IRRITATING! he can juz say aiya shes like tat 1 la, juz ignore her lor. angry sia! so i bitch to my mum who hear liao very angry, go n scold my hb.

now i juz simply hate to go their house. they always cook so oily food, it was only when their daughter got go their house den i will get to eat good food.
overall, they r juz yucky & horrible! i cant imagine how will it like when she take care of my son nxt time. sure Quarrel with her everyday.
Personally, I also do not like people to comment abt my tummy or compare with another person. It hurts when people say "aiyo...at 6th month, your tummy still so small". Luckily, my SIL is not pregnant. Otherwise, I am sure my MIL will say the same thing as your MIL. Anyway, MIL will always dote on their own daughter than an "outside" like us.

snowbear

I think it's not advisable for you to leave your bb in the care of your mil since both of you are already not getting along well. I used to get along with my mil but ever since bb was born, our views have clashed quite a bit. Fortunately i take care of DD on my own so i dun need to be dependent on someone i dun like or trust. If you're dependent on your mil, even if she does something that you dun like for your baby, it's very difficult to tell her not to do that coz eventually she's still indispensable to you. You should start thinking of alternative arrangements so that ties will not be be more strained than it already is.

apollo

:tlaugh:guess i might b too sensitive on the tummy issue, but cant blame me also , im pregnant, got mood swings ma! :Dancing_tongue::tlaugh:
same as u.. i really loathe ppl commenting on my tummy! frm the start of my pregnancy, almost everyone comments that my tummy is smaller than others. even 2 days ago, i went to my family doc, the clinic assistant asked me hw many mths, told her ard 8.. she think also nv think just said "wow! ur tummy very small leh! dun look lik going to gif birth soon! look more lik 6mths tummy" but to me, as long as my baby is growing well inside, as long as my gynae didn't say my tummy is small, the rest shd shut up their mouth! really dun understand what these ppl are thinking, tummy also can compare.. tsk tsk tsk... :nah: