Breastfeeding n sleeping through the night

annie

pls share when did your bb started to sleep through the night (Naturally. no sleep training eg giving water, night weaning n all) for breastfeeding mothers.

my girl is 6.5mths now. still waking up for milk at night. used to be only 1-2 times. recently increased to 3-5times! tired...

Spiralng

pls share when did your bb started to sleep through the night (Naturally. no sleep training eg giving water, night weaning n all) for breastfeeding mothers.

my girl is 6.5mths now. still waking up for milk at night. used to be only 1-2 times. recently increased to 3-5times! tired...
Mine 2 weeks old. his last feed 10pm sleep till 5am. Now 2mths last feed 7pm sleep till 6.30am.

Amulet

haha.. i guess mine is bad news to u.. at near 14months, she still wakes up 3times a night for milk.. haha.. but she does sleeps from 8pm all the way till ard 1am thn she wakes up for the 1st midnight feed la.... i guess this counts as sleep through the night le ba..

annie

wow 2 weeks sleept through liao?? envy...

hmm mine used to sleep 8.30pm-5.30am/6.30am then wake up for milk.. then sleep again till 8.30-9.30am wake up for the day. consider sleep through also ba.. but recently she will wake up at 1.30am(almost exactly everynight), then 4-5am again, 7plus am again then finally up around 9.30am... i miss my night sleep...

mine also sleep 8.30pm wake up 1.30am.. i dun really like to think its sleeping through the night cos its jsut past midnight! lol. previously she goes down at 8.30pm n will only wake up when the sun is up at 5.30/6.30am leh.. i consider that sleeping through the night since sun is up... hehe

Phoebii Cheng

My son sleept thru the night only at around 10mths....occasionally now at 15mths sometimes he will wake up for feeds.....
So Thank God, now we can enjoy our sleep at night..

What is her milk intake now at 6.5mths? And at night when she wake up for feed, do u give her the same amt?

You might want to try putting cereal into her milk at night, one of my colleague swears by it tht it really helps in making the bb full, so no need to wake up at night. But I did not do it lah........

Spiralng

wow 2 weeks sleept through liao?? envy...

hmm mine used to sleep 8.30pm-5.30am/6.30am then wake up for milk.. then sleep again till 8.30-9.30am wake up for the day. consider sleep through also ba.. but recently she will wake up at 1.30am(almost exactly everynight), then 4-5am again, 7plus am again then finally up around 9.30am... i miss my night sleep...

mine also sleep 8.30pm wake up 1.30am.. i dun really like to think its sleeping through the night cos its jsut past midnight! lol. previously she goes down at 8.30pm n will only wake up when the sun is up at 5.30/6.30am leh.. i consider that sleeping through the night since sun is up... hehe
Yep...God must hv answered my prayers cos my first 2 kids stay awake thru the night...yes i mean sleep at 10.30pm wake up at 12am-5am. Needs to be carry, rock or pacifier whole night in the mouth.

annie

wow! thats a hard one... luckily your 3rd pampers u n let u sleep hehe. so envy...

phoebii, i dunno how much she drinks cos she direct latches on de..i cannot put cereal cos she dunno how to suck on other nipples except mine... for all these 6mths she has never had any other nipples in her mouth...

uddermummy

mine bb used to wake up only at 4 or 5am after her last feed at 9pm when she was about a month old. Sometimes, I would even have to wake her up for feeds cos she doesn't seem to be waking up!

but since last week, she's been waking up about 2 times, at 2/3am and at 5/6am. wonder if it's because she's going thru growth spurt or because she sleeps more in the day... she's now about 8 wks old.

annie

envy... how i wish mine can sleep tat well at night. when she was that age, she still wakes up every 2.5-3hrs for milk at night! n nap only 30mins per nap~

Spiralng

envy... how i wish mine can sleep tat well at night. when she was that age, she still wakes up every 2.5-3hrs for milk at night! n nap only 30mins per nap~
Is your baby comfortable, like is the room too hot or cold, I notice my baby will make a fuss if he is too hot or when his diaper cloth came off cos i wrap him up tightly like a cocoon.

annie

i think my girl is not that sensitive to temp.. i dunno though.. cos me staying in japan n temp keeps changing.. i just dress her accordingly. im sure she is not hot as she is not sweating. but dunno if she is cold or not.. i tried covering her with blanket but she always end up kicking it off..

last night she wakes up 12, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7... i super piss with her.. seriously thinking of night weaning her or at least just give her milk 1-2 times instead of everytime...

Indra

my gal is 18 months old and still wakes up for at least 2 feeds in the nite.... she was breastfeed for 1 yr and now is on formula... i heard from others try giving her water if she wakes up... i tried..she drinks it and then abt 20 mins later..wakes up and cries for milk..sigh

uddermummy

annie,

i realised that my bb only sleeps through the night when i give her like 3 feeds in 3 hours...

sometimes she just gets v fussy and demands the nipple...

but is it okay for them to sleep through the night so young?

annie

y not? but then i read that bb who sleep too deep are in higher risk of SID la.. just be careful n check on her often lor. before they are 6mths they are in higher risk of SID...

i will see how tonight. if my girl wakes up so often again im not gonna give her milk everytime! very angry with her...

jellybnzw

Mine 2 weeks old. his last feed 10pm sleep till 5am. Now 2mths last feed 7pm sleep till 6.30am.
Wow...how did you do it? Do you know how much your baby drink each time?Thats so great! My baby still wakes up around 11plus for a feed if she sleeps at 6:30/7:pm.

Sometimes try to get her to sleep at those times she also won't want to sleep. Haizz wonder if I am doing anything wrong...

uddermummy

aiyoh annie, don't be angry! hug, hug.

bb going thru growth spurt?
worse come to worst, since your bb can latch properly, try pacifier?

Last edited:

annie

dun think its growth sprut as its been like this for 2 weeks! though i would like to think its teething, i cant see any red gums nor drooling etc...

she dosent take pacifier at all! she dosent know how to suck on anything except my nipple! she will jsut bite the pacifier n then pull it out and then bite the plastic part.. i tried giving her at night n she became wide awake n ready to play! to her, pacifier is just a toy which she can bite..

she woke up every 2hrs again last night...

Spiralng

Wow...how did you do it? Do you know how much your baby drink each time?Thats so great! My baby still wakes up around 11plus for a feed if she sleeps at 6:30/7:pm.

Sometimes try to get her to sleep at those times she also won't want to sleep. Haizz wonder if I am doing anything wrong...
U hv done nothing wrong, just that different baby hv different habits.

My baby is drinking 5 oz every 3 hours daily. In the evening, I will wipe my BB and give him his feed. Most times, after cleaning him up, he can sleep for quite long. If he is fussy after drinking can't sleep, I put him in the rocker chair. He will rock himself to sleep.

Spiralng

dun think its growth sprut as its been like this for 2 weeks! though i would like to think its teething, i cant see any red gums nor drooling etc...

she dosent take pacifier at all! she dosent know how to suck on anything except my nipple! she will jsut bite the pacifier n then pull it out and then bite the plastic part.. i tried giving her at night n she became wide awake n ready to play! to her, pacifier is just a toy which she can bite..

she woke up every 2hrs again last night...
Could be your baby hv not get used to the timing or u hv been talking or playing with your baby at night. My my first 2 kids, during confinement - 2months old, they don't sleep at night. Their eyes will be wide open. That's why we stand by different types of pacifier and rocker chair ready. Most importantly, after feeding, leave the baby alone.