IVF

babylemon

Starting a new thread in this area. Feel that the info that I can find is not sufficient and not many ppl post this topic. Hope that this will encourage ppl to share their experiences and better still, their success stories... :wong19:

lawla12

Re: The Journey...IVF

Starting a new thread in this area. Feel that the info that I can find is not sufficient and not many ppl post this topic. Hope that this will encourage ppl to share their experiences and better still, their success stories... :wong19:
i'm tinking of tat as suggested by my gynae since my 2 IUIs failed......gynae say no point doing 3rd IUI .....

sighz.....its all down to luck....

babylemon

well lawla12, at least now with the advancement of medical science, ppl who try v hard to conceive, can hv a chance. I am also betting on this chance now...:wong25: Since IVF takes 2 months, I am currently in my preparation stage. Nothing much in this cycle as the crucial part will be next mth. Will update u gals then...

lawla12

well lawla12, at least now with the advancement of medical science, ppl who try very hard to conceive, can have a chance. I am also betting on this chance now...:wong25: Since IVF takes 2 months, I am currently in my preparation stage. Nothing much in this cycle as the crucial part will be next month. Will update you gals then...
IVF takes 2 mths??? how come??????????? wad u mean????

J

justforgags

well lawla12, at least now with the advancement of medical science, ppl who try very hard to conceive, can have a chance. I am also betting on this chance now...:wong25: Since IVF takes 2 months, I am currently in my preparation stage. Nothing much in this cycle as the crucial part will be next month. Will update you gals then...
All the best and enjoy ur journey n hope tat it'll be a joyous moment for u n ur DH=) Take care.. Anyway jz to share wit u wat i read in the pregnancy bible about IVF. They encourage to go for accupunture as well to help strengthen ur body=) Hope my knowledge reading the pregnancy bible helps=)

Jia You!!:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

cheryl_ng

i hv done 2 cycles of IUI. tis mnth hubby & i decided nt to go 4 any 'procedure' as i m vvv busy wif my work. so will discuss wif my gynae wat to do for the nex cycle. tink most prob he wil ask me 2 do iui with injection...
hubby & i did tink of ivf. but we want 2 give iui another try...
may i koe wat u mean by 'ivf takes 2 mnths'?? u r doing it @ govt hospital or pte??
wat r the charges like??

babylemon

Well, looks like the info on IVF is really limited. When I heard 2 mths, I was also shocked. 1st mth basically is to balance the hormones by taking bc pills. 2nd mth is where the real thg starts. There will be injections and the no. of injections will depend on the growth of the follicles. Will also need to scan very often to monitor the growth as they need to ensure that they do not overgrow. Thereafter the 'eggs' will be collected and injected with a selected sperm.

Later the 'eggs' will be placed back to the woman's womb. And again 2ww...hopefully miracle happens...!

I am doing the procedure at TMC since I started there in the first place. It is called Simplified-IVF and understand fm the nurse that the difference btw them and KK is that the no. of injections are lesser. According to her, for the 1st mth at KK, the injections will start already. But TMC is pills.

Seriously I am not sure whether the success rate is better than KK. It's just that I dun wanna waste any time to see another gynae all over again. But one last thing is that the 'eggs' quality also depends on age. Dr mentioned that as we grow older, the 'eggs' also older. Tired of trying on my own... :we2Randy-git:

babylemon

Btw, what I mentioned are my understanding. Hubby & myself still need to attend a 2 hr counselling, video and signing of papers that we are aware of the cost, risks, etc. Will need to schedule a time for that by this mth. I think after I attend the counselling, I will be able to get the full picture. Bcos right now, I am worried that I cannot take leave / mc to do the extraction of 'eggs' and placement. So I need to plan v carefully... poor me... :wong19:

babylemon

Frankly speaking, I feel a bit of hope infront of me although my heart ache when I think of the $ that I'm gg to spend. But same like the others, I so so hope to hv a bundle of joy. My fren just gave birth last wk and omg, when I carried her baby, I feel so warmth, so happy...!

I will encourage my hubby to do acupuncture but I'm not too sure abt myself as I scared the medicine for IVF will clash with the TCM one.

All the best and enjoy your journey and hope that it'll be a joyous moment for you and your dear husband=) Take care.. Anyway jz to share wit you what i read in the pregnancy bible about IVF. They encourage to go for accupunture as well to help strengthen your body=) Hope my knowledge reading the pregnancy bible helps=)

Jia You!!:Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

J

justforgags

Thx for sharing ur IVF journey babylemon:001_302:

My dh n i plan for IVF in 3 yrs time if thr is still no "natural take its course" cz doc has inform us tat my dh has got azoospermia n thr is no way tat i cn get pregnant unless goin thru IVF. But im wondering wat are the success rate for zero sperm count? will it be a waste of time? or jz close 1 eye n gv it a try evntho' its not cheap n hope for miracle to happen.. These r the things tat are running in our mind:err:

lawla12

Hi :)
Can I check with you the cost for IVF? Thanks. :)
ard 10-15k......

but u can claim medisave (there's a cap).......

Private hospital
1st time---cap at 6k
2nd time--cap at 5k
3rd time--cap at 4k

Govt
1st time---cap at 8k
2nd time--cap at 7k
3rd time--cap at 6k

pris

around 10-15k......

but you can claim medisave (there's a cap).......

Private hospital
1st time---cap at 6k
2nd time--cap at 5k
3rd time--cap at 4k

Govt
1st time---cap at 8k
2nd time--cap at 7k
3rd time--cap at 6k
Hi,
Thanks so much for replying me. :)
hmm..did u went for IVF? can share?

lawla12

Hi,
Thanks so much for replying me. :)
hmm..did you went for IVF? can share?

no lehhh...intend to go next year...meanwhile, i go "tiao' my body 1st....need to lose weight too...suppose to go jogging 3times a week starting tis week, BUT, i nv jog at all leh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :001_302:

i went through 2 IUIs ...but both FAILEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

sadz...sianzzzz....tats y, proceed to IVF loohhhhh.....haizzzzz.....

jal

no lehhh...intend to go next year...meanwhile, i go "tiao' my body 1st....need to lose weight too...suppose to go jogging 3times a week starting tis week, BUT, i never jog at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :001_302:

sadz...sianzzzz....tats why, proceed to IVF loohhhhh.....haizzzzz.....
Lawla, when you jog, you dont keep on looking at the end line or else the distance will look damn long to you & you will find it a struggle to put 1 foot out. Rather, you look at a nearby landmark as you jog & then set another landmark as you reach that 1st point, congratulating yourself as you reach 1 landmark after another landmark. This is what I do. If I focus only on the end line, I will be mentally tired before I even get physically tired. And if you happen to have an Ipod, you can listen to your fave songs as you jog so that the distance does not seem so long. I dont have a Ipod though. Heh.

pris

no lehhh...intend to go next year...meanwhile, i go "tiao' my body 1st....need to lose weight too...suppose to go jogging 3times a week starting tis week, BUT, i never jog at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :001_302:

sadz...sianzzzz....tats why, proceed to IVF loohhhhh.....haizzzzz.....

Oh ic...same as u, IUIs failed! :(
still thinking....

lawla12

Lawla, when you jog, you dont keep on looking at the end line or else the distance will look damn long to you & you will find it a struggle to put 1 foot out. Rather, you look at a nearby landmark as you jog & then set another landmark as you reach that 1st point, congratulating yourself as you reach 1 landmark after another landmark. This is what I do. If I focus only on the end line, I will be mentally tired before I even get physically tired. And if you happen to have an Ipod, you can listen to your fave songs as you jog so that the distance does not seem so long. I dont have a Ipod though. Heh.

LOL~

i not yet start lehhh...i super long nv exercise leeee....so starting, i juz walk fast fast baaaa...if jog, aiyo, tomolo leg cramp...hahhahaaaa........

can listen to ur HP radio rite??? but abit "maaa fannn", need to carry so many tings....

lawla12

Oh ic...same as you, IUIs failed! :(
still thinking....
whr u did ur IUI ??? u oso did it twice???

wad did ur gynae say ?????? did she ask u to try another IUI or proceed to IVF liaooo ?

jal

LOL~

i not yet start lehhh...i super long never exercise leeee....so starting, i just walk fast fast baaaa...if jog, aiyo, tomolo leg cramp...hahhahaaaa........

can listen to your HP radio rite??? but abit "maaa fannn", need to carry so many tings....
Ya, it may be better to start with brisk walking first. Perhaps you can do brisk walking for about 3 months first before you proceed to a very slow jog. I jog very slowly, so slow that people always overtake me but I dun care lah, coz I dun want to give myself unnecessary pressure. I also dun like all that mad panting after I finished my jog but I still do it because I want to have better cardiovascular health.

lawla12

Ya, it may be better to start with brisk walking first. Perhaps you can do brisk walking for about 3 months first before you proceed to a very slow jog. I jog very slowly, so slow that people always overtake me but I dont care , coz I dont want to give myself unnecessary pressure. I also dont like all that mad panting after I finished my jog but I still do it because I want to have better cardiovascular health.
ya ya ya...at least hor, we exercise abit abit maaaa....our bones wont get rusty....

mine horrr, aiyoooo, confirm rusty liaooo.....:001_302: