Should I go to Mount Alvernia or KK Hospital?

redjn

highly recommand Mount A.
Me & my 2 sisters delivered our bb there. Mainly b'cos we r using the same gynae & he is based in either Mount A. or Thomson Medical. But all 3 of us prefer the environment in Mount A. not to forget their service r very gd too.

Priya Diva

Mount A for me.... I enjoyed the stay there.. good food.. lactation consultant , good service...patient care assitants were good.

stonston

If given a choice btw Mt A & KKH, I'll go Mt A immediately even if budget is a constraint. I rather work harder to earn more money & go Mt A than go KKH.

It's true that KKH looks down on ppl who 'downgrade' from private hospital. My friends and cousins were treated with very bad attitude too, so they decided to go to Thomson Medical instead.

If you are going to Private Suite at KKH, the amount of $$$ you pay is same as going to Mt A :) It's private hospital rates. & if complications arise, you will also be billed based on the ward you choose. Even if you 'downgrade' to save money, you will also be subjected to the same forms & interviews to ensure you deserve to be a subsidized patient.

Unless you are going to KKH as subsidized patient (in which many mummies will share their horror stories), there's really nothing to compare between KKH & Mt A.

stonston

Forgot to add, if budget is really a constraint, can consider SGH or NUH. I've heard good feedback from these 2 hospitals & the bills are also quite cheap. I hv in mind to go to NUH if I have a complicated pregnancy which requires alot of $$ (hopefully when I hv my #2 it'll be smooth sailing just like my #1 :)).

ivy_mummy

If given a choice btw Mt A & Kandang Kerbau Hospital, I'll go Mt A immediately even if budget is a constraint. I rather work harder to earn more money & go Mt A than go Kandang Kerbau Hospital.

It's true that Kandang Kerbau Hospital looks down on ppl who 'downgrade' from private hospital. My friends and cousins were treated with very bad attitude too, so they decided to go to Thomson Medical instead.

If you are going to Private Suite at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, the amount of $$$ you pay is same as going to Mt A :) It's private hospital rates. & if complications arise, you will also be billed based on the ward you choose. Even if you 'downgrade' to save money, you will also be subjected to the same forms & interviews to ensure you deserve to be a subsidized patient.

Unless you are going to Kandang Kerbau Hospital as subsidized patient (in which many mummies will share their horror stories), there's really nothing to compare between Kandang Kerbau Hospital & Mt A.
Thanks stonston,

Yesterday I talk to my husband abt those feedback on KK and Mount A. He said that I'm the one giving birth hence is the best for me to choose which hospital I want to stay in. I think i still have to do the decision myself.. I still think it is a tough decision.

yan2

Yan2,

Private suite is it mean that is single bedded room? You went thru normal delivery?
Private suite is the clinic you visit your gynea from 1st trimester till about to delivery. You pay private rate. I chose single bedded room package and went thru normal delivery

I was with NUH for my first 18 weeks as a subisdy patient then transfered to KKH as private patient...i do agreed with mummies that you pay more, service will be better..

Last edited:

ivy_mummy

Private suite is the clinic you visit your gynea from 1st trimester till about to delivery. You pay private rate. I chose single bedded room package and went thru normal delivery

I was with NUH for my first 18 weeks as a subisdy patient then transfered to Kandang Kerbau Hospital as private patient...i do agreed with mummies that you pay more, service will be better..
Yan2, currently my gynea is from a private clinic hence if i want to go KK have to pay a bit more to him.. but i can save on the room charges.

redjn

Thanks stonston,

Yesterday I talk to my husband about those feedback on KK and Mount A. He said that I'm the one giving birth hence is the best for me to choose which hospital I want to stay in. I think i still have to do the decision myself.. I still think it is a tough decision.
my dear, you can check both hospital's website for the package charges.

KK Women's and Children's Hospital - Hospital Charges and Services

: : Mount Alvernia Hospital : :

I do agree with that KK does look down on "lower grade" people, this I am proud to say that Mount A. dont't have that attidude.

most important of all is where your gynae is based on & fm there you decide where you should put up.

But if I have the choice i rather goes to other hospital than KK. FYI, even when my boy is sick & need immediate medical attention I also goes to Mount A. if my pediatrician is off fm his clinic. Mount A. waiting time is so much shorter than KK.

Last edited:

susern

Hi Ivy

For my opinion choose Mt A.
I have given to my 3 babies at Mt A. Loved their service, the food and ethe nurses over there. My Gynae Is Dr Chen Lin Han, his clinic at chong pang. He delivered at Mt A or TMC.

adlinzul

Hi all,

I'm a first-time mum. I cant' make a choice of having my baby deliver in Mount Alvernia or KK hospital. Those who experienced with either one or both hospital, do leave your feedback for me. Thanks. :tsmile:

Hi, i exp both KKH & Mt Alv..Thumbs up for Mt ALv..Luv thier service,food.. staffs all friendly & helpful & Labour Ward nurses are very professional than KKH..Book for 4bedded but got 2bedded(Pay for 4Bed)... i spend only2.4k, cash $600..:Dancing_wub:

Pwiincess

My choice wld be definately Mt.A.Since its your first baby you wld want the whole experience as smooth as possible.At KmK it depends on your luck..the dr you get,the mood of the nurses..etc.
I agree.
My no.1 was delivered at KKH. I must say my luck wasn't good.
Expecting no.2 now. I chose TMC instead.

WEN_9117

Hi Ivy,

Mt A recent charge
overall you are gtg for Normal Or C-sec? (staying 2 beded but paiding 4 beded pricing)
If you are gtg for Normal Cash out Is @S$700 than Medisave is $3950 than for C-sec is @S$900. For my case is C-sec still got balance of $300 like that.
For the cost that I mention is everything gtg smooth.

for my case.....
During my son times coz $$$ issues so I gtg Kandang Kerbau Hospital than everything ready under Medisave but the service are not that good . Than for my daugther I think alot back coz during the times in Kandang Kerbau Hospital are long waiting, service, times and etc..... than I ask my hubby he did say paid abit more get a better service. Coz time is $$$ I ready agree with him less waiting times, better service and etc...
So during tis time I and my hubby dont mind to wrk harder to have a better service...As for your hubby say the choose is urs. Think careful coz ready you are the 1 that gtg to deliver. :elvis:
Overall I did a compare
KKH If private => the service is gd la. (No point coz u can a better service @ private Hosp)
Mt E => too exp
Thomson => service gd, but have to paid abit more if u compare w Mt A.
Mt A => overall the private Hosp is the cheaper tat u can get. Gd service (Thumb up)
NUH => service ok, but alot of trainee...
SGH => service ok lor

Hope tat is can help u.

Last edited:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Agree with the rest of the ladies

choose KKH, if you have budget constraints and are aiming for the subsidies. Then be prepared to be treated like a "product" being processed through a machine with little or no thought for your feelings as a human being. They really dislike people who don't follow their 'standard operating procedures'.

choose Mt A, if you are able to spend a little more money. Nurses are friendlier and more compassionate. Also, I like the catholic atmosphere.

between TMC and Mt A... well, I chose TMC as my gynae had his office there... but to be honest, there's little diff between the two in my opinion.

redjn

hey ladies,

what about deciding between Thomson Medical Center or Mt A?
my choice is still Mount A despite that both are as good. Maybe, 1st impression counts that reason why I dont pick Thomson Medical Center is maybe to their side & main entrance to it looks very unpleasant & also the overall look is old. My gynae did told me that when it comes to medical equipment TMC is better.

added their package details for your refer :

Thomson Medical Centre

Last edited:

sean-tan

hi, my choice will be Mt. A. for my lst trimster i was in kk, e waitin time (veri LONG n troublesome) n bad services frm e hospital ask me to change hospital. even though is private in kk, e service still nt veri gd. so i went to Mt.A is i reali made a right choice, their service reali thumb up....:Dancing_tongue:.
i'll stil go Mt. A for my nxt birth..:red:

ivy_mummy

Hi,

I would like to know there is a few mummy paid 4 bedded in Mount A but end up in 2 bedded. May i know why is this so?

mrsmorgan

Hi,

I would like to know there is a few mummy paid 4 bedded in Mount A but end up in 2 bedded. May i know why is this so?
it's because their 4-bedded rms are full so some mummies end up in a 2 bedded rm but they still pay for 4-bedded rm rate.. it happens in TMC too.. =)