When start to drink coconut

mummiestarries

You can start drinking it during the last month of your pregnancy.
Two times a week, drink only the young coconut and avoid the old ones.

In the beginning, go slow. Try to drink half only den slowly increase in amount, as coconut is cooling.

winter

In the beginning, go slow. Try to drink half only then slowly increase in amount, as coconut is cooling.

oh.. so i can start drinking liao.. since i am approaching my 36 weeks. Thank you so much.

newbie2009

In the beginning, go slow. Try to drink half only then slowly increase in amount, as coconut is cooling.
Any idea what is the use of drinking the coconut juice?

Triquetra

Tender coconut water (elaneer / nariyal pani) is one of the richest sources of electrolytes. It is high in chlorides, potassium, and magnesium and has a moderate amount of sugar, sodium and protein. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and heart function. Coconut water is also a good source of dietary fibre, manganese, calcium, riboflavin and Vitamin C.

A natural isotonic beverage with similar levels of electrolytes as the human body, coconut water helps prevent dehydration and relieves exhaustion by replenishing the natural salts lost by the body; it is widely used in tropical countries as a means for oral rehydration needed during diarrhoeal attacks.

It is essentially fat free and has zero cholesterol and some studies have reported that it can have some effect on improving "good" cholesterol levels (HDL) in the body. In the heat of summer when you are looking for something other than water to quench your thirst, you can have this nutritious and refreshing beverage instead of sugar and calorie laden aerated drinks and fruit juices. It is naturally sterile and so perfect for drinking while travelling without the fear of contamination.

Coconut water is a natural diuretic and so increases the flow of urine; this helps prevent urinary tract infections (UTI) as well as reduces the incidence of kidney stones. Coconut water also helps relieve constipation, improves intestinal function and promotes digestive health -– it is often recommended to people suffering from acidity and ulcers.

Constipation, sluggish digestion and heartburn are common problems during pregnancy and can be helped to some extent by drinking coconut water.

Coconut water contains high levels of lauric acid which is what is used by the body to make monolaurin -– a disease fighting fatty acid derivative. Lauric acid has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which protect the body against various infections and boosts the immune system.

With such wide ranging nutritional benefits it is no wonder that coconut water is recommended for pregnant women.

mummiestarries

I was told by my mum and grandmother that drinking coconut juice will make the baby look not so bloody when he comes out.
Dunno if this is true but my son came out of me quite clean.

Or maybe this is just what old people believes?

Triquetra

I was told by my mum and grandmother that drinking coconut juice will make the baby look not so bloody when he comes out.
dont know if this is true but my son came out of me quite clean.

Thats what people have told me too but I wonder if there's any scientific explanation to that.

newbie2009

dont know if this is true but my son came out of me quite clean.

i heard about the part about the bloody portion of the story.

Any idea is there a particular reason why we can drink it earlier since it has so much "good" in it?

chelle

My mum also say drinking coconut will make BB cleaner when delivered, but she said not to drink too much as it might weaken your legs and will not have strength to push.
I drink coconut when i was in 37 weeks

kym

No, not to drink coconut juice in your early stage, too cold and no good to baby's lung (that's what my friend told me). some food should take less during early pregnancy, like cucumber, orange, watermelon as these are cooling fruits. All these 'cooling' fruits/foods may be the cause of baby caugh or ashma.
and no water for baby for the first 3 months, just milk will do. if baby constipation, dilute the milk instad of water

newbie2009

No, not to drink coconut juice in your early stage, too cold and no good to baby's lung (that's what my friend told me). some food should take less during early pregnancy, like cucumber, orange, watermelon as these are cooling fruits. All these 'cooling' fruits/foods may be the cause of baby caugh or ashma.
and no water for baby for the first 3 months, just milk will do. if baby constipation, dilute the milk instad of water
so when is considered a "good time" to start to drink coconut? can eat the coconut flesh?

JusMum

i start to drink in the last month of pregnancy , actually can only drink on the last pregnancy , not early stage .