Need recommendation

wongbay

Hi, I would like to recommend my confinement nanny, Auntie Kam, Malay-chinese. (she was recommended by my friend before)! She is responsible, clean, easy going, helpful and has a kind heart for baby. She does housework and she even cook for my family! Help out whatever my family members need anything. I like her Chinese tonics & TCM dishes, very tasty & delicious.

Most importantly, she is such a caring and loving to my baby. For mummies who intend to do full-time latching for first month, you can safely let her take care of your baby at night and she would bring baby over to you for latching when baby needs so that you can catch a good night rest.

Her contact: 91653329 (S'pore) / WhatsApp her at +60-125431562 (M'sia). Hope you get to enjoy her services too!

Last edited:

lucia121

Great to hear that there are a lot of nannies that are providing great services. It will also be good to understand the tasks and roles of a confinement lady before engaging one. This also ensures that you set the expectations right with the CL.

Here is a good to follow CL guide that can help with asking the right questions, roles of a CL to set the expectations and tone right from the start.

FluffyP

i have similar experience with my confinement nanny as Ralia's. She took excellent care of my preterm twin boys, fed my parents and hubby too. She's fully booked now (Nov 2017) till Aug 2018, but available for April 2018 and Sep 2018 onwards. Can contact her directly, she's a godsend and a wealth of experience!

桦姐(hua2jie3) from Johor, Malaysia
mobile:+65 8246 5189

We had another nanny covering for the first 10 days too. She's good and chatty/funny, taking care of the household too:
Mary from Taiping, Perak, Malaysia
mobile: +60 11-3122 9711

Wishing to-be mummies a good restful time post-natal!

enibunny

I’m finishing up my confinement period with Jenny and can vouch for the reviews above. She’s experienced, a good cook and most importantly excellent at taking care of my baby daughter.

The three things I appreciated most about Jenny are

1. She is adaptable - although she has her own views on how to take care of mom and baby she will follow your instructions or preferences eg for food, bathing or feeding the baby
  2. Gives good advice - she coached me on breastfeeding and other baby care techniques
  3. She genuinely loves taking care of babies, is patient and puts their interests first

Jenny is usually booked months in advance but happens to be available this July. She communicates mainly in Chinese. Her contact details are +60166600358/+6582042147.

Numama

I highly recommend Mdm Jenny Low Siew Chin, confinement nanny who has been with me for the past 3 weeks. She is hardworking, organized, always plans her work ahead, handles the baby and other works efficiently. She got on the job immediately upon reaching my place, after putting down her luggage. Knowing that I do not cook, she also brought along spices she needs for cooking from KL.

Aunty Jenny is very experienced in handling baby jaundice. She ensures that my baby is well fed round the clock to quickly bring down the jaundice level. I'm glad that my baby need not undergo phototherapy and his jaundice was cleared by 13 days old. My milk supply is also building up this time round as Jenny encourages breastfeeding. She would bring the baby to me whenever it's feeding time, then only provides formula top up after that if the baby needs more.

I personally think that Aunty Jenny is honest and not calculative. She doesn't mind cooking for my hubby and little girl and even cared to cook specially to meet my little girl's palate. Her cooking is definitely delicious. I am also comfortable leaving my baby with her at home at times when I need to do some urgent errands.

Aunty Jenny is a well sought after confinement nanny. She takes up a lot of job overseas, such as UK, Australia, NZ, etc. Despite her fully occupied job schedule all year long, I find that she is very energetic and dedicated. With her organized working style, she's able to find time to rest, recharge and get going.

If anyone would like to engage her, you may whatsapp her at +6013-609 9588. Do leave her a voice message as she cannot read. She speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin. If her schedule does not permit, she would recommend other confinement nannies. Noticed that she is very selective in her recommendation and have quite a number of very experienced confinement nanny friends too. I would definitely miss her a lot when she leaves us in a week time for another job.

mei.ling

I'd like to recommend my CL, Aunty Windy. She's the most amazing nanny I have ever seen or heard of.

1) Cooking
Her cooking is absolutely the best! Everyday different dishes, different soups. From morning until night, I was never hungry. Sometimes my mother in law drop by just to taste her cooking. Even invited her friends over to eat. She didn't charge us for all this extra cooking because we had a maid who helped her with food preparation and cleaning. We still felt bad, because we know agency do charge for extra cooking. Extra work means extra fee, that's reasonable to us. So we gave her a big red packet when she left us.

2) Baby
She never for once complain or anything, my baby cries all the time, it stressed me out so much. But she never once sighed or anything. Even at night she would get up instantly and soothe the baby. I had CCTV installed. She never left my baby unattended. If she needs to go out for groceries or to the toilet or cook, she would hand the baby to me or my husband. She also gave me a lot of advice, taught me, my husband and my maid how to take care of the baby.

3) Attitude
She never show black face, always smiling and not the traditional type aunty. Like the naggy and must follow my way type of aunty. Whatever she do, she will ask if it's okay with me first. Very easy going person, never gossip with my maid also.

4) Experience
She has 30 years of experience. and she's only 51 y/o.

Before she left she explained and showed me, my husband and my maid everything again just to make sure we will be ok after she left. She made my life so much easier, she's such a positive person, never for once say negative things, always positive no matter what. Once I broke down and cried in toilet because I dislike how I look like now. She comforted me like my own mum.

I wanted to extend her but too bad she already took up another job, also in Singapore. I heard she's booked to Australia next year for 2 months, not sure which month. Anyone interested can contact her directly.+6016-5112218 I really wish her all the best.

pinkdolphin7

I would like to recommend my confinement lady (CL), Aunty Jenny. I found her through online review when I was searching for CL. From the online review posted on different years, I knew that Aunty Jenny is a CL who is very experience and can take care of both baby and mother very well. After contacting her, I was glad that she is still available for my confinement period for my EDD. Hence, immediately I transferred her deposit to book her as my CL. Aunty Jenny is from Malaysia KL and she has been working as a CL for 15 years. She not only works as CL in Singapore and KL, but also in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong. She can speak Cantonese, Mandarin and English well.
Now with my confinement period is ending, I am happy to share that Aunty Jenny indeed is a very nice and experience CL. She handles and takes care of my baby very well. She also shares a lot with us on how we should take care and handle of our baby so that we are not spoiling her. Aunty Jenny is very pro-breastfeeding and knowledgeable about it. She will cook nutritious dishes and soups that help in boosting up the breastmilk supply. She also helped me to do breast massage to help me clear the engorgement.
Besides, her cooking is very delicious. Her dishes have a lot of varieties and almost everyday you will have different types of dishes. She is very hardworking, organized and has very good time management. She will get up early in the morning to prepare her cooking ingredients while we were asleep so that she would be ready to take care of baby when baby was up, and be able to cook our meals on time. She also cleans up the kitchen and mopping the floor every time after cooking. She also helps to do laundry and clean up the toilet. After she has finished her work, she watches her dramas on her iPad or chat with her friends while taking care of baby and when baby is sleeping. I think this is good for her to pass time and relax herself. And, I had no issues with that as her care for baby and her duty as CL were never compromised.
Aunty Jenny is very easy to get along with and have a lot of things to chat and share with us. I felt very comfortable and enjoyed to have her throughout my confinement and made my confinement passed very fast! She is a responsible and trustworthy CL. If you are looking for a CL, you may contact her through her phone no. +60136099588.

jlhj

I would like to recommend my confinement lady (CL), Aunty Jenny. I found her through online review when I was searching for CL. From the online review posted on different years, I knew that Aunty Jenny is a CL who is very experience and can take care of both baby and mother very well. After contacting her, I was glad that she is still available for my confinement period for my EDD. Hence, immediately I transferred her deposit to book her as my CL. Aunty Jenny is from Malaysia KL and she has been working as a CL for 15 years. She not only works as CL in Singapore and KL, but also in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong. She can speak Cantonese, Mandarin and English well.
Now with my confinement period is ending, I am happy to share that Aunty Jenny indeed is a very nice and experience CL. She handles and takes care of my baby very well. She also shares a lot with us on how we should take care and handle of our baby so that we are not spoiling her. Aunty Jenny is very pro-breastfeeding and knowledgeable about it. She will cook nutritious dishes and soups that help in boosting up the breastmilk supply. She also helped me to do breast massage to help me clear the engorgement.
Besides, her cooking is very delicious. Her dishes have a lot of varieties and almost everyday you will have different types of dishes. She is very hardworking, organized and has very good time management. She will get up early in the morning to prepare her cooking ingredients while we were asleep so that she would be ready to take care of baby when baby was up, and be able to cook our meals on time. She also cleans up the kitchen and mopping the floor every time after cooking. She also helps to do laundry and clean up the toilet. After she has finished her work, she watches her dramas on her iPad or chat with her friends while taking care of baby and when baby is sleeping. I think this is good for her to pass time and relax herself. And, I had no issues with that as her care for baby and her duty as CL were never compromised.
Aunty Jenny is very easy to get along with and have a lot of things to chat and share with us. I felt very comfortable and enjoyed to have her throughout my confinement and made my confinement passed very fast! She is a responsible and trustworthy CL. If you are looking for a CL, you may contact her through her phone no. +60136099588.

Hi everyone. I'm helping my mum (Ivy) to let you know that she's available as a stay-in confinement lady (or a nanny too).

She's Chinese-Malaysian, speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Malay, and a bit of English. She can fulfill all the expectations of a confinement lady - cooking confinement food, taking care of the baby around the clock (especially the night shifts), helping with breast-feeding and pampers changing, giving advice for the mothers about taking care of the baby, minor household chores - and just making the newly parents feel as comfortable as possible as they adjust to the new lifestyle (with a new kid, or the changing dynamics of having an additional kid).

My mum is highly experienced, with a long and good track record as a nanny. One of her previous experiences was a 4-year nannying stint with a family who took her on as a nanny after engaging her as a confinement nanny for their first child. They had twins after that, and my mom looked after them as well.

My mum is extremely responsible, friendly and caring. She cooks well (she is one of the star 'chefs' of my family when it comes to CNY). She’s generally a very neat person and constantly works to make the house a clean and neat environment. She's agreeable and not stubborn. She won't be fierce or interfere with the parents' decisions in relation to their baby/confinement. However, she will give parents advice based on her experience, and it is up to the parents to decide whether they agree with her. As the eldest of her 9 siblings who grew up in a single-mother household, trust me when I say that her motherly instincts and practical household knowledge are top-notch. She raised me well and I couldn't have asked for a better mum!

If you would like to set up an interview in Singapore, please whatsapp her at 9484-6912 (her name is Ivy). Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

LovellerynMummy

Hi Mummies, I would like to highly recommend my confinement nanny, Auntie Kam. She is a responsible, professionally ethnical and kind lady who loves and care for baby. She in a stay-in nanny who took good care of my and my newborn very well, let me have all the rest I want while she took good care of my baby without letting me worry.

Besides that, she also does housework and even cook normal meals separately for my whole family of 5, apart from cooking confinement meals for me! She is very knowledgeable on Chinese tonics, her cooking is very delicious and Chinese tonics were not too overpowering. I can have the flexibility of choosing the food I like to eat and she will improvise by adding Chinese tonics, thus I get to enjoy food I like and at the same time heal my body.

She is very helpful and friendly. She helped me with my confinement in November 2018 and we still keep in contact as friends even till now.

She is clean, easy-going, helpful and kind heart. Most importantly, she is such a caring and loving to my baby. Her rate is about $2900. Her contacts: 91653329 (S'pore) / 60-125431562 (M'sia). Hope you get to enjoy her service too!

Mittens&booties

Hi Mummies, I have just ended my confinement 5 days ago and would like to recommend my confinement nanny - 芬姨 Fen Yi. I am very happy to engage Fen Yi as my confinement nanny. My confinement period was a breeze and would be happy to extend if I’m able to!

The first day she took over my baby, I could tell she is very experienced and able to handle my baby. I put absolute trust on her to take care of my baby at night too so that I can rest and recover fast. My baby keeps her up all night but she still remain very positive and full of energy.

Fen yi cooks very well and cleans up the kitchen after every cooking. My kitchen is even cleaner than before. She also arranged and packed all the ingredients neatly in the fridge too.

As a first time mum, she taught me a lot and share advices on taking care of a new born baby. When she left, I am able to handle my baby with her tips and advices. I’m very thankful to her and would definitely engage her again if I have no. 2. She is very easy going person and gets along with our family members too.

Fen yi is contactable via WhatsApp - her number is +60 10 235 4077. You can call her via WhatsApp or send voice clips to her.

You can also search for her Facebook page - jennyyapconfinement

Moon Lee

My 28 days of confinement has ended, We really like to highlight that we miss our nanny Cristal so much now! I also appreciate and am very thankful to Cristal for this period.

Nanny Cristal Foo Siew Sian (CA 297) get along well with all my family members. Because of her sweet and gentle personality, her genuine love for baby is evident as well. The entire family was well assured with her looking after my baby because of her professionalism she has shown.

Super meticulous! Bathing baby, cleaning baby's face after feeds, checking and changing baby's diapers regularly and also changing baby's sleeping position to prevent flat head. I am also very impressed by her standard of cleanliness and hygiene, organised and efficient, structured yet flexible, caring and thoughtful. Amazing!

Cristal even noticed my favourite food preference and prepared yummy meals, she is supportive on my breastfeeding journey by waking up multiple times at night to help. Thankful for all her small little efforts like not letting me bend my back when she realised it, and offer to pick/put baby back into cot for me.

I highly recommend nanny Cristal and certainly wish her all the best!

A very big thanks and appreciation to Trudy for being so helpful and prompt when handling my enquiry too. My family and I are very satisfied and happy with the service provided by Confinement Angels!

35yomum

Hi all,
I would like to recommend my confinement lady Jenny, who is in her mid-40s. I found her through one of the postings in this forum. I'm very satisfied with her service as she has taken good care of me and my baby.

Her good points are:

1. She cooks really well (she and her husband owns a restaurant in malacca) and shares her recipes with us. I have never liked soup since I was a child but I loved all the soups she made! She will even prepare desserts at your request. We were fortunate to get to try the full range of dishes (besides confinement food) because we extended her services for another month, and she whipped up other yummy dishes like lemon chicken, salted egg chicken, sweet sour pork etc

2. She has good knowledge of Chinese herbs and will adjust amount based on your constitution.

3. She is very observant, noticing my preferences in eating and the portion I eat so as to cater to my tastebuds and to cook exactly the right portion.

4. She works v fast and efficiently and plans ahead. She also cooks for all our visitors and the whole family, including my 2 year old.

5. She helps to occupy my 2 year old while I eat and bathe and sings songs to her.

6. She is vey experienced with babies and will ensure safety of baby at all times.

7. She is open to discussion and will accommodate our requests (for example, not warming the breastmilk in too hot water even though it would have been faster doing things her way). She also will not put wine in your food if you so request.

8. When I was in hospital after delivery, the nurses couldn't solve the problem of my blocked ducts even after 2 days, but it resolved immediately when I came home and followed the nanny's advice!

Her whatsapp number is +60 16 660 0358
Sg number is 8204 2147 (only when she is in Singapore)

Her rate is $2800 for 28 days of confinement. Angbao at start and end of confinement. Deposit required.
She also does overseas confinement.
She can converse in basic english but she reads and writes Chinese only, so you would have to msg her in Chinese.

Hope you get to enjoy her services too! All the best mummies!

Hi,

I too engaged Jenny for the confinement. Her name is Yee Hong Tee (HP: +60166600358). I am writing this in the midst of my confinement with her because i really cannot "tahan" her and i hope other mummies will consider carefully even when there were many good reviews on certain confinement nanny.

Lets start with what she's good at. Yes i agree she's good at handling baby. My baby is fine and healthy under her care.
That's the only good things i will say about her.

Here comes the bad sides.

1. Hygiene - She is a person with extremely poor hygiene, after she cooks breakfast and lunch, she didn't shower and she can go back to her room and sleep. She only shower once a day which is, after she cooks the dinner. She is fat and we all know fat ppl tend to perspire alot especially working in the kitchen with the smoke and oil. We know its her personal hygiene but she is going to carry our baby with her oily/sweaty body. Yucks.

Aside from that, she drops a lot of hair. We know its ok to drop hair on the floor, but come on, everyday i can find a few strands of her hair on my baby and inside my baby cot.

Lastly, she has BO, a very strong one. Luckily baby is still young and doesn't know how to distinguish between smelly and not smelly. Even my brother who is using the common toilet can comment her BO lingers in the common bathroom for long.

2. Lazy - I asked around among my friends, i have not heard any confinement nanny sleep more than her. She basically sleeps more than me daily.

Her daily routine is such: She wakes up at 7.30am. After she prepares my breakfast, she will shower my baby and boil soup for lunch. So she sleeps from 10am to 12noon. 12.30 she will prepare my lunch. 1.30pm to 5.30pm she will sleep. 5.30pm prepare dinner, 8.30pm she will sleep till next day. (of course that includes day/midnight feedings) But overall she really sleep too much.

After cooking she is also lazy to clean the kitchen, she only cleans kitchen at night and that is after her 2 weeks service. I personally commented to her that our kitchen had never been dirty before she came. And my husband has to clean the kitchen for her every now and then because we can find bits and pieces of food/vege/stain here and there on kitchen top. Our kitchen top is made of granite, it has to be kept dry, ever since she came, our kitchen top became stained with wet water. The dish cloths are always oily and stained, she never bothers to use detergent to clean them. Kitchen was a disaster after she came. Pots and pans are everywhere. I have scheduled a cleaner to come and specifically clean the kitchen on her last day because i can't stand it.

She didn't mop the kitchen floor after cooking. That leads to many many oily foot prints tracing from kitchen to dining table and from kitchen to her room. *face palm*. I have to clean the foot prints myself because she wouldn't bother to offer help to clean for me because she is sleeping in her room.

3. No safety & lazy - She on the stoves and leaves them for boiling soup from 10am to 12noon, there was once i found the kitchen dish cloths was near the stove fire and the corner of the cloth got burnt. If i didn't intervene it could possibly lead to fire hazard.

4. Food - She only cooks for me 3 meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I asked around confinement food usually a lot one (eg 5 meals a day with desserts). But for me, is only 1 vege, 1 fish/chicken/pork and 1 soup. Everyday i eat almost the same kind food. I don't find her cooking nice at all. And she asked me to buy the TCM herbs from whole sale that cost about SGD400+. So much herbs and i don't even know where those herbs ended up at because she only boil herbal soup for me starting from 19th day.

She cooks only 3 meals a day and meals to be served at 8am, 12noon and 6pm. Yet sometimes she overslept and my meals are late. Especially for the dinner she should not be late coz there is 6 hours interval and i had no food. If she late, i am actually starving.

5. Cloths (lazy again) - She only need to wash baby cloths with washing machine. But what we really dislike is she will leave the cloths in washing machine for long (expected, coz she sleep all the time) that will make the baby cloths damp. End up my hubby has to hang baby cloths for her time to time.

6. My baby head - She flattened my baby head on one side by lying baby only on one side. When i told her she still has the cheek to ask me "got meh, i didn't see". I feel so angry but i didn't scold her because i worry she will do something to my baby if i scolded her.

Maybe this Jenny used to be a good nanny, but now i totally will not recommend her.

Last edited:

Rachelzhen

Dear mummies/mummies-to-be

Just finished my confinement and I have to say my confinement period was great! Best decision made to engage Aunty Evon for my 1 month confinement. She is very responsible, caring, flexible and easy going. My husband and I are very thankful to have her and we definitely miss having her with us as she brought us a lot of joy and take very great care of our little baby.

Before the baby is out, she would always text me to remind me what to do and what not to do. After I deliver, she again reminded me what to take note of before she comes. She specially advised us not to buy the herbs first and wait for her to come before buying as she didn’t want us to waste money on unnecessary herbs as we are first time parents.

What I love about my CL :
  • She is very willing to share her experiences. She showed and guided us how to take care and handle baby.
  • She knows what food increases milk supply therefore I do not have any problems with breastfeeding. (My baby is on 100% BF, no FM required).
  • She provides advice to you but do not force it if you have your own thoughts. (My baby had jaundice thus she recommended to bottle feed FM so that jaundice level would drop quickly but I insisted on latching and she is still very supportive).
  • She is not strict and willing to do the confinement that you want though she will still advice not to but she will still accept and do what you want. (Bathe every day and washed hair alternate days)
  • On the 1st day she arrived, she check with me on what food or herbal stuff i don’t eat/drink and accommodate to it.
  • & if you are trying to lose weight after delivery, I will definitely recommend her! My morning breakfast is always pack with a lot of nutritions but not overly fat. (Oats/Cereals/Nutrition Drink with lots of fruits.)
  • She also offered to cook her specialty dishes for my family (8-10 people including us) for free.
  • She also cooked dessert for my family every weekend as we still stay up slightly later for some catch up.
  • Her Fried Kway Teow, Fish Porridge, Ee Mien, Fried Salmon, Sweet Sour Pork Ribs and Salty Sweet Chicken are very very delicious. All my family members love her cooking!!
  • She also passed her cooking skills to my helper so that my family and I can still have very delicious food after she leave.
  • Even after she left, she will still check on me and baby to make sure things are not ok. I am still in contact with her every now and then when baby is cranky or when I do not know what to do. Her advices always work wonder!
  • Not forgetting, she has 10 over years coming to 20 years of experience as a CL.
I highly recommend her if you are a first time mummy looking for a CL. You will definitely not regret engaging her. You can WhatsApp or WeChat Aunty Evon @ +60 163308664. Try to engage her ASAP as she is always packed with mummies. Hope you have a chance to do your confinement with her.

Attachments

Monkeydecinue

Hi,

I too engaged Jenny for the confinement. Her name is Yee Hong Tee (HP: +60166600358). I am writing this in the midst of my confinement with her because i really cannot "tahan" her and i hope other mummies will consider carefully even when there were many good reviews on certain confinement nanny.

Lets start with what she's good at. Yes i agree she's good at handling baby. My baby is fine and healthy under her care.
That's the only good things i will say about her.

Here comes the bad sides.

1. Hygiene - She is a person with extremely poor hygiene, after she cooks breakfast and lunch, she didn't shower and she can go back to her room and sleep. She only shower once a day which is, after she cooks the dinner. She is fat and we all know fat ppl tend to perspire alot especially working in the kitchen with the smoke and oil. We know its her personal hygiene but she is going to carry our baby with her oily/sweaty body. Yucks.

Aside from that, she drops a lot of hair. We know its ok to drop hair on the floor, but come on, everyday i can find a few strands of her hair on my baby and inside my baby cot.

Lastly, she has BO, a very strong one. Luckily baby is still young and doesn't know how to distinguish between smelly and not smelly. Even my brother who is using the common toilet can comment her BO lingers in the common bathroom for long.

2. Lazy - I asked around among my friends, i have not heard any confinement nanny sleep more than her. She basically sleeps more than me daily.

Her daily routine is such: She wakes up at 7.30am. After she prepares my breakfast, she will shower my baby and boil soup for lunch. So she sleeps from 10am to 12noon. 12.30 she will prepare my lunch. 1.30pm to 5.30pm she will sleep. 5.30pm prepare dinner, 8.30pm she will sleep till next day. (of course that includes day/midnight feedings) But overall she really sleep too much.

After cooking she is also lazy to clean the kitchen, she only cleans kitchen at night and that is after her 2 weeks service. I personally commented to her that our kitchen had never been dirty before she came. And my husband has to clean the kitchen for her every now and then because we can find bits and pieces of food/vege/stain here and there on kitchen top. Our kitchen top is made of granite, it has to be kept dry, ever since she came, our kitchen top became stained with wet water. The dish cloths are always oily and stained, she never bothers to use detergent to clean them. Kitchen was a disaster after she came. Pots and pans are everywhere. I have scheduled a cleaner to come and specifically clean the kitchen on her last day because i can't stand it.

She didn't mop the kitchen floor after cooking. That leads to many many oily foot prints tracing from kitchen to dining table and from kitchen to her room. *face palm*. I have to clean the foot prints myself because she wouldn't bother to offer help to clean for me because she is sleeping in her room.

3. No safety & lazy - She on the stoves and leaves them for boiling soup from 10am to 12noon, there was once i found the kitchen dish cloths was near the stove fire and the corner of the cloth got burnt. If i didn't intervene it could possibly lead to fire hazard.

4. Food - She only cooks for me 3 meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I asked around confinement food usually a lot one (eg 5 meals a day with desserts). But for me, is only 1 vege, 1 fish/chicken/pork and 1 soup. Everyday i eat almost the same kind food. I don't find her cooking nice at all. And she asked me to buy the TCM herbs from whole sale that cost about SGD400+. So much herbs and i don't even know where those herbs ended up at because she only boil herbal soup for me starting from 19th day.

She cooks only 3 meals a day and meals to be served at 8am, 12noon and 6pm. Yet sometimes she overslept and my meals are late. Especially for the dinner she should not be late coz there is 6 hours interval and i had no food. If she late, i am actually starving.

5. Cloths (lazy again) - She only need to wash baby cloths with washing machine. But what we really dislike is she will leave the cloths in washing machine for long (expected, coz she sleep all the time) that will make the baby cloths damp. End up my hubby has to hang baby cloths for her time to time.

6. My baby head - She flattened my baby head on one side by lying baby only on one side. When i told her she still has the cheek to ask me "got meh, i didn't see". I feel so angry but i didn't scold her because i worry she will do something to my baby if i scolded her.

Maybe this Jenny used to be a good nanny, but now i totally will not recommend her.
ThAnk you for informing us

Temjinck

Does anyone know a good CL based in Australia?

Or can anyone recommend someone who is willing to come over to Brisbane, Australia from end June 2020 for approx 6 weeks of service?

Thanks all!

JoyfulNoises

Does anyone know a good CL based in Australia?

Or can anyone recommend someone who is willing to come over to Brisbane, Australia from end June 2020 for approx 6 weeks of service?

Thanks all!
You can contact Jenny at +6013-609 9588. If she is not available, she has a list of fellow CLs who are seasoned in doing overseas confinement. I have engaged Jenny and she is trustworthy and committed. Both mummy and baby are well taken care of under her care :)

JoyfulNoises

I highly recommend Mdm Jenny Low Siew Chin, confinement nanny who has been with me for the past 3 weeks. She is hardworking, organized, always plans her work ahead, handles the baby and other works efficiently. She got on the job immediately upon reaching my place, after putting down her luggage. Knowing that I do not cook, she also brought along spices she needs for cooking from KL.

Aunty Jenny is very experienced in handling baby jaundice. She ensures that my baby is well fed round the clock to quickly bring down the jaundice level. I'm glad that my baby need not undergo phototherapy and his jaundice was cleared by 13 days old. My milk supply is also building up this time round as Jenny encourages breastfeeding. She would bring the baby to me whenever it's feeding time, then only provides formula top up after that if the baby needs more.

I personally think that Aunty Jenny is honest and not calculative. She doesn't mind cooking for my hubby and little girl and even cared to cook specially to meet my little girl's palate. Her cooking is definitely delicious. I am also comfortable leaving my baby with her at home at times when I need to do some urgent errands.

Aunty Jenny is a well sought after confinement nanny. She takes up a lot of job overseas, such as UK, Australia, NZ, etc. Despite her fully occupied job schedule all year long, I find that she is very energetic and dedicated. With her organized working style, she's able to find time to rest, recharge and get going.

If anyone would like to engage her, you may whatsapp her at +6013-609 9588. Do leave her a voice message as she cannot read. She speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin. If her schedule does not permit, she would recommend other confinement nannies. Noticed that she is very selective in her recommendation and have quite a number of very experienced confinement nanny friends too. I would definitely miss her a lot when she leaves us in a week time for another job.
I concur that Mdm Jenny Low is highly recommended as a proficient confinement nanny. She has 19 years of experience in this line and under her care during the 28 days confinement period my baby is growing strong and healthy and I had a very speedy recovery physically. I also found her through this online forum and decided to engage her by taking the plunge without surveying other confinement agencies and freelance confinement nannies. I spoke briefly to her on the phone and had very good vibes so decided not to shop around to compare different nannies. I am glad I made the RIGHT choice in having Jenny as my nanny. I would say her rate is slightly higher than the confinement agencies but what I was looking for is the peace of mind in having a nanny who can calm, connect and communicate with the baby and can cook well since I am very picky with my food. Jenny is able to exceed my expectations for these 2 factors.

I am going to summarise why she is highly recommended using ABC:

1. Attentive
She has a keen observation skill and can understand my habits after 1- 2 days and pay close attention to the finer details. An example is during the first few days of confinement I was having some issues with breastfeeding my son on my right breast and every feeding session is stressful whenever I have to get my baby to latch my right breast. My LC advised that I use a syringe to try to suck the nipple out so that it would be easier for my son to suckle. Jenny being attentive to all these details would always ensure that when it is feeding time, she would take the syringe, Haakaa pump and set it up on the table so that my attention would just be on latching my son properly. She will also standby at my side to assist me with getting a deep latch for my son and constantly encourages me that I am doing a good job and that my son is also learning how to latch properly so be patient with the process and it will get better.

Another example is I am very particular with the cleanliness of my house. Jenny detected that and without actually asking her, she would always mop my entire house after cooking and also perform a thorough wipedown of the kitchen. She took my mind off the household chore so that I could rest and not think about the cleanliness of the house. She also maintains a high degree of cleanliness and hygiene when it comes to food preparation.

2. Brilliant Chef
A picture is worth a thousand words. I have inserted just a few of the food she has cooked for myself and my hubby. I am in awe of her cooking because I can safely say almost every day there would be a new dish and whenever my friends or family members drop by for a visit, she will volunteer to cook for them too. Whoever said confinement food is boring and bland?? I am so well-fed and that probably contributed to my fast recovery. She knows I don't really take unhealthy or oily food so she would cook the food with minimum oil. Guess what she actually brought her own condiments from KL so that in a case your kitchen is very sparse she could still cook up a storm with her own condiments.

Be warn whenever she goes to the market, she would really buy lots of ingredients but she knows her stuff so to me it is a learning journey since I enjoy cooking too. You can tell her what you would like to eat instead of letting her dictate your daily menu and she would be glad to cook for you : )

My hubby looks forward to coming home to her homecooked food and she also wakes up early to prepare his breakfast.

3. Caring
Engaging a confinement nanny is all about taking care of the mummy and the baby. Jenny definitely loves babies. She would immediately jump up to attend to my baby before he started crying. This was regardless of whether she was already tired out by his fussiness throughout the day. In her way, she spoke to my son lovingly and soothed him.

She has her way of handling the baby and under her care, my baby is at peace and always smiling. She is not insistent in her own style if the parents have their own set of ways of handling the baby, she would try to accommodate. She shares a lot with us on how we should take care and handle our baby so that we are not spoiling him.

She is very trustworthy, honest and not calculative. You can definitely trust her with handling the baby. She is also like the head of a group of highly qualified and specially selected confinement nannies so should she be unable to serve you, there are other nannies she would recommend.

If anyone would like to engage her, you may Whatsapp her at +6013-609 9588 and tell her that you are recommended by Joy. Do leave her a voice message as she cannot read. I am definitely going to miss her around when she goes back next week. Sobz!!!

Attachments

Last edited: