Coconut Water during Pregnancy??

Yong

Hi,

I was told by some of my friends that I need to drink Coconut Water during certain stages of preganancy.

Anyone heard of this saying before and if it's true, does anyone knows which stage is the suitable stage to drink? Was told that it can't be drank during early stage and also cannot be too late as it will then affect the baby.

shopaholic

I was told it's ok to drink towards the last few weeks before delivery. That's what I did for my previous 2 pregnancies.

However, my colleague's version is that it's ok to drink starting from 3rd trimester. Her baby is ok too.

my mom said not to drink during early pregnancy as coconut water considered 'cooling', but from late 2nd trimester-3rd trimester she say ok to drink once in a while as during these stage body will become heaty. and baby is strong and stable ready so can drink coconut to detox.

ger-mummy

I drank coconut juice from 7th onwards...

7th month drank once every two week.
8th month drank once a week
9th month- due drank 2-3times a week.

But funny lor, when my ger out her face was full of baby rashes. heartpain

Spiralng

During the early stage of pregnancy, it is best to avoid food that is too "cooling" as coconut is very cooling, it's not advisable to take. At the last stage of pregancy, it is advised to avoid heaty food like tonics soup ect as this will delayed the labour. Taking coconut during the last stage is known to make the labour easier and cleaner so the baby will come out cleaner without too much blood and stuff.

Ting

my mum only advised to drink coconut juice during the last trimester.
prob arnd 8 mths on.
its good for baby's complexion, but not too much, maybe 1-2 per week, max 3.
but must drink the old coconut(the big ones) n not the small thai ones.
but thru out the 39 weeks, i do drink once or twice if i hv the craving, only 8mths onwards then actively drink.

PinkDiamonds

During the early stage of pregnancy, it is best to avoid food that is too "cooling" as coconut is very cooling, it's not advisable to take. At the last stage of pregancy, it is advised to avoid heaty food like tonics soup ect as this will delayed the labour. Taking coconut during the last stage is known to make the labour easier and cleaner so the baby will come out cleaner without too much blood and stuff.
Oh ya now I remember. The coconut + chicken soup was also made to help your body purge out all the toxins better. True enough my baby come out quite clean. lol

esthergal

Oh. So chim... I only heard about drinking it straight from the coconut itself. And the coconut cannot be those thai type must be those green skin one.
Oops, didn't know must drink those green ones, wrongly drank those thai ones from fairprice :we2Randy-git: