Fenugreek?

shespice

Hello mommies, I am also taking the GNC Fenugreek and also like goondo only take like 2 a day LOL.
I am just wondering if its would still work for me as my milk is getting lesser now since baby doesn't want to latch on anymore now that she is older. So everyday I only express in the morning and in the night as I cut down on the session at work. Without her latching on, I find my supply decreasing :( sob sob. Aiyo, these days from each time expressing around 100-200ml, now become 50ml only from both breasts even though I am taking the Fenugreek.

Do you think I should still continue to take the capsule since my milk is dwindling? I am now on the 2nd bottle, was thinking if I stop, then a bit wasted cos what else is Fenugreek good for if not for helping with increase of milk?

apollo

Hello mommies, I am also taking the GNC Fenugreek and also like goondo only take like 2 a day LOL.
I am just wondering if its would still work for me as my milk is getting lesser now since baby doesn't want to latch on anymore now that she is older. So everyday I only express in the morning and in the night as I cut down on the session at work. Without her latching on, I find my supply decreasing :( sob sob. Aiyo, these days from each time expressing around 100-200ml, now become 50ml only from both breasts even though I am taking the Fenugreek.

Do you think I should still continue to take the capsule since my milk is dwindling? I am now on the 2nd bottle, was thinking if I stop, then a bit wasted cos what else is Fenugreek good for if not for helping with increase of milk?

if i were u, i will continue to take... no matter hw lil ur BM is, just give ur baby... a lil is better than nth mah.. haha.. i also only able to feed ds ard 250ml of BM per day... hee :001_302:

shespice

if i were you, i will continue to take... no matter hw lil your breast milk is, just give your baby... a lil is better than nth mah.. haha.. i also only able to feed dear son around 250ml of breast milk per day... hee :001_302:
Thanks hee hee :p ....I will still continue but amont is like so pathetic now and I can only give one feed of breastmilk per day. The rest will have to be formula and cereal.

stonston

New batch of fenugreek extract, pills & mother's milk tea arriving next week!

Prices include normal postage (pls top up $2.25 for registered mail as I'm not responsible for lost mail):
Fenugreek Extract (different brand from previous, totally organic, 2oz bottle) = $20/bottle
Fenugreek Pills (610mg, 180 pills, expiry Mar 2013) = $18/bottle
Organic Mother's Milk Tea (16bags, expiry Apr 2011 or later) = $8/box

Will minus off the local postage charges if self-collect from my place at Punggol (by appt only) :)

First payment first serve! Will mail out once shipment arrives :)

Last edited by a moderator:

a.lin

Prices include normal postage (pls top up $2.25 for registered mail as I'm not responsible for lost mail):
Fenugreek Extract (different brand from previous, totally organic, 2oz bottle) = $20/bottle

Will minus off the local postage charges if self-collect from my place at Punggol (by appt only) :)

Hi stonston,
Can I buy from you 2 boxes of Mothers Milk? And 1 Fenugreek Extract?
Do you have ocbc account that I can transfer payment to?
Thanks

M&M

i'm having the same problem as you. i stop letting bb latch becos i was not well and do not want to pass the virus to him. so i pump out my milk. expressed in the morning and night... initially can still get 110ml in exactly the quantity of my boy's feeding but now pathetic... only able to pump 60-80ml... very stress becos i hope to carry on breastfeeding him to at least 1 yr... i'm trying Fenugreek from GNC now... doesnt seems to work on me... really need help...(sad)

isabelandrew

All of us have the same concern :) supply of breast milk. now I know why mummies are "Wei Da".

I am also taking GNC fenugreek. For me, I dun think it helps to increase but to maintain the supply. I am maintaining at a miserable 100ml MAX. It used to be just 50-80ml.

I think the best method is to pump and latch all the time, every 2-3 hrs. Unfortunately we all have to work. Plus my bb is lazy to suckle for milk.

For fenugreek pills, I took 3 each time, breakfast and lunch at office. if i remember at nights, i will take another 3.

weekend i try to make papaya fish soup since everyone said it can increase.

so far, i think the fenugreek extract works well for me. I remember the supply boosted after the 2nd day i took it. slightly 100ml.

But, I really dun like the taste. :( for the sake of increase breast supply, i still force myself to drink, hee hee.

stonston

For the papaya fish soup, if you have those thermal cookers, you can use it to prepare the soup before you go to work so that when you come home from work, you have fish soup to drink :)

If you are bored of papaya fish soup, can try to make ABC fish soup (big onions, carrots, potato). Very yummy also. Or make herbal fish soup (wolfberries, red dates).

The thermal cooker is a good investment. Throw in the ingredients in the morning, boil the soup, keep pot in the thermal holder & you'll have very yummy soup when you return home. No need for electricity (no need scared soup boil until dry & catch fire). No need to monitor at all. Very convenient.

isabelandrew

Stonston, can u give me the link of the organic fenugreek extract? im curious :p
wanna to check if i still interested.... :)

btw, how to make ABC soup?

stonston

Shipment arrived! I'll contact all mummies who have reserved items regarding payment & collection. If I do not contact you by tomorrow 10pm, please email me.

There are still around 5 bottles of extract, 10 boxes of tea & 2 bottles of pills left unreserved if anyone else is keen. This is new stock that just arrived at my house at 5pm today :)

rache1

I am taking the fenugreek pills from guardian as recommended by my gynae. I have been taking it since 1 week after my gal arrive and now she's 6 weeks. My milk supply did increase from from a mere 30ml every 3 hrs (w/o latch) both breasts from week 1 to now 50-60ml every 2 hrs with latch-on. Sometimes if the letdown does not "let me down", I can get 90-100ml.

Actually i oso dunno if it's becos of the herb or becos now my milk supply is more stabilised. but will still continue to take it.

:shyxxx:

From what I know fenugreek is to increase the breast milk. Can we take together with the multi vitamins and the DHA fish oil as well?

issit too much ?
I everyday take 6 types of vitamins.

For me fenugreek don't work. But I still take because buy already don't waste... Now still left half bottle. :embarrassed:

lynnie85

I am still using the GNC brand one,but the milk supply is not constantly produced. Sometimes one day can have 320ml,someimes can be even half of it...so was thinking to try the fenugreek extract that Ston Ston has recommend..hopefully it will help so that it;ll be enough to feed my son

Frenchkitty

After taking 2 bottles of GNC Fenugreek I find that it's not working for me..
Feel like trying other tried-and-tested more effective brands.

Is Motherlove avail in SG?

lynnie85

I finally got to try the fernugreek extract...have not seen any increase in milk amt yet...dont know am i'm doing right anot coz the bottle instruct to have 30 to 40 drops with little water, 2 to 5 times per day...try 40 drops so far with little water..but how much should my little water amount to be?? and if there's no shown in increasing the amount of milk, i'll be real supper stress...coz i need to start storing milk for my son as need to be out of town for 13 days....thought can probably supplement with formula milk..but seems like he has started to aware that the milk is different from mummy's one...and starting to reject drinking it...so worry that i can't have enough milk in the freezer...anyone has any recommendation of improving my milk flow from now till 9th sept..help!! sighz.....

PinkDiamonds

I bought the Green Life fenugreek 620mg capsules. Been taking it for 2 days already. Wonder when you will start to see the effect? On top of that i am also trying to let her latch on as much as possible.

stonston

I finally got to try the fernugreek extract...have not seen any increase in milk amt yet...dont know am i'm doing right anot coz the bottle instruct to have 30 to 40 drops with little water, 2 to 5 times per day...try 40 drops so far with little water..but how much should my little water amount to be?? and if there's no shown in increasing the amount of milk, i'll be real supper stress...coz i need to start storing milk for my son as need to be out of town for 13 days....thought can probably supplement with formula milk..but seems like he has started to aware that the milk is different from mummy's one...and starting to reject drinking it...so worry that i can't have enough milk in the freezer...anyone has any recommendation of improving my milk flow from now till 9th sept..help!! sighz.....
Try to latch on more or pump more frequently. Also you should try to stimulate your nipples to get letdown reflex.

lynnie85

Try to latch on more or pump more frequently. Also you should try to stimulate your nipples to get letdown reflex.
how freq should i pump?would every 2 hrs help? And should I also wake up in the nite to do it too? and how to stimulate my nipples to get letdown reflex. Do advise...Thanks so much