What food to avoid when bb got phlegm and slight cough?

snowbear

Hi mummies, my darling's hardly ever ill so I'm not sure about what to feed her as she's having phelgm and a very slight cough.

I usually give her rice/porridge/cereal/oatmeal, broccoli/cauliflower/sweet potatoes/spinach, cod/salmon, chicken (i know this is a no-no for phelgm and cough), pork, egg for her main meals and fruits. Are there any foods from this list that she cannot eat (apart from chicken)?

Any other foods to take note of, esp for fruits?

Please advise.

Thanks!

pink_daisy

i usually don give oranges and grapes or those citrus fruits when my kids are coughing.. no vitagen/ yakult oso..

annie

my mum says banana causes phelgm.. not sure true or not but better avoid? she always tells me apple is the safest n best fruit when bb is not well..eg she says papaya n mangoes too heaty also...​

Li Huan

the tcm doc who saw my girl when she was a baby list out a lot of things she cant take. i remember - sweets, biscuits, white colour veg (esp white cabbage cos cooling), citrus stuff like orange etc, oh yes, and vitagen or yalkut...

take care ya:wong19:

pokemon97

my mum says banana causes phelgm.. not sure true or not but better avoid? she always tells me apple is the safest n best fruit when baby is not well..eg she says papaya n mangoes too heaty also...​
it's true, i read it in the book which i borrow from the library. Should avoid fruits like orange, grapes and banana when cough. Also carrot as it is too cooling.

pokemon97

i'll stop biscuits, sweets, chocolate, vitagen, chicken. As for fruits, i'll stop banana, grapes, orange. And sometimes if too much phlegm, i'll dilute the milk.

iwan2noe

Hi mummies, my darling's hardly ever ill so I'm not sure about what to feed her as she's having phelgm and a very slight cough.

I usually give her rice/porridge/cereal/oatmeal, broccoli/cauliflower/sweet potatoes/spinach, cod/salmon, chicken (i know this is a no-no for phelgm and cough), pork, egg for her main meals and fruits. Are there any foods from this list that she cannot eat (apart from chicken)?

Any other foods to take note of, esp for fruits?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hi snowbear,

I know egg may also cause phlegm. Fruits wise avoid those high with sugar. E.g. Grapes, fruits, durians,mango and also those heaty fruits like jackfruits, longan, lychee, etc.

Avoid those creamy stuff. Milk, soya milk also may cause phlegm as they are 'sticky' in nature so will result in phlegm...

This is my 2 cts worth of opinion, hope it helps ur baby :)