How often can we give baby egg yolk? Everday?

shulyn

Any Mummies can advise how often can i give my 8 months old baby egg yolk? Is it ok to give egg yolk everyday?

autumn82

Any Mummies can advise how often can i give my 8 months old baby egg yolk? Is it ok to give egg yolk everyday?
Egg yolk contains great nutrients for your baby and it can be given daily. But as they grow older, the intake have to be reduced. If I never rem wrongly, they can take up to 2 years of age.

Last edited:
wow! that's great! i can start giving egg yolk to my ds then. now he's approaching 9 mths but still on all vege porridge...

autumn82

wow! that's great! i can start giving egg yolk to my dear son then. now he's approaching 9 mths but still on all vege porridge...
Can try to introduce fish & a bit of meat to the porridge already.. :) Gonna get interesting soon.. :001_302:

hi autumn, for meat right, how to feed ah? fish can flake and mash... coz soft.. but chicken is hard... so do you blend? or tear it up like "ji si"?

lol.. when you say gonna get interesting it sounds to me like it's gonna get challenging.. wahahaha!!!

thanks annie.. then after that your dd can chew? my ds got no teeth yet leh.. he's already 9 mths... after you cook the porridge can still see the chicken bits right?

autumn82

hi autumn, for meat right, how to feed ? fish can flake and mash... coz soft.. but chicken is hard... so do you blend? or tear it up like "ji si"?

lol.. when you say gonna get interesting it sounds to me like it's gonna get challenging.. wahahaha!!!
Yeah, like what annie said. Minced up the meat b4 cook. For myself, after mincing up the meat, I still blend again after cook.. :p

Yeah.. Can try out alot of different food so more interesting.. :tlaugh:

autumn82

thanks annie.. then after that your dear daughter can chew? my dear son got no teeth yet .. he's already 9 mths... after you cook the porridge can still see the chicken bits right?
Iggy also 9mths+ then 2 teeth. That's y I blend it b4 cook and after cook.... :tlaugh:

annie

i think got teeth or not dosent matter cos their teeth only in front.. they wont be using the teeth in front to bite porridge isnt it? most of the time they uses their gums to gum food n sometimes they simply swallow.. so as long as the chicken bits not so big till will choke them then its ok imo. my girl simply swallows her porridge de. she has 8teeth now though..i gave her chicken when she was 8mths

snowbear

Shulyn, babies can eat egg yolk every day! Alicia used to have them every day until she got bored... haha...

Anyway, Lynette, you can cook the chicken then puree it or just add a bit of warm water to raw minced chicken, mix well till there are no lumps then pour into the porridge that's still cooking.

shulyn

Shulyn, babies can eat egg yolk every day! Alicia used to have them every day until she got bored... haha...

Anyway, Lynette, you can cook the chicken then puree it or just add a bit of warm water to raw minced chicken, mix well till there are no lumps then pour into the porridge that's still cooking.
Thanks all mummies for sharing:)

Snowbear - I read from the Super Baby Food and it says egg yolk contains fats which baby need it but didnt mention how often we can give...

Can i ask you, Chicken is one of the poultry tat will cause allergy right? My boy is 8 months 1 week old now and we havent introduce Chicken yet. Wonder when can i start??

elmo493

I don't give everyday and only increase the portion bit by bit. Anyway, he take fish, pork & veg every week

annie

chicken? i thought fish is more of an allergent? i started my girl with chicken first at 8mth then fish at 9mths..

snowbear

Thanks all mummies for sharing:)

Snowbear - I read from the Super Baby Food and it says egg yolk contains fats which baby need it but didnt mention how often we can give...

Can i ask you, Chicken is one of the poultry that will cause allergy right? My boy is 8 months 1 week old now and we havent introduce Chicken yet. Wonder when can i start??
I read in another book called First Foods (written by a group of nutritionists - I've put a pic of that book on my blog: you can chk it out - it's a book that's more Asian-based) that it's ok to give egg yolk every day (and in fact it's good for them)!

It's ok to start chicken and pork at 8 months. :)

annie

think differnt country has differnet views on wat food to give bb.. chinese give bb fish quite early but those ang mo websites say to give only after 8mths.. japanese give as early as 5-6mths as well... but then japanese books says to give only chicken n fish at 5-6mths n pork only after 1yr old cos of the fat content that pork has n bb might not be able to digest them well before 1yr old. i always play safe so i follow the latest introduction date no matter its ang mo or japanese version hee. thus i gave fish n chicken after 8mths(as per ang mo sites n books) n then pork i shall wait till after she is 1yr old...beef is ok after 9mths though i haven intro her beef yet...

bluedaphne

I read in another book called First Foods (written by a group of nutritionists - I've put a pic of that book on my blog: you can chk it out - it's a book that's more Asian-based) that it's ok to give egg yolk every day (and in fact it's good for them)!

It's ok to start chicken and pork at 8 months. :)
Hi Snowbear,

Did you gv whole egg yolk or 1/2?? Coz my mother in law said can only gv "LITTLE BIT", bt she never said how little haha...
My Boy is 6mths++ now

diymummy

Maybe give little bit to test whether baby is allergic?

My baby is allergic to even egg yolk. He's also allergic to chicken and carrots.

autumn82

Maybe give little bit to test whether baby is allergic?

My baby is allergic to even egg yolk. He's also allergic to chicken and carrots.
Agree with diymummy, test if baby is allergy to egg yolk 1st (try for 4 days, abit at a time), if clear then the next time, u can use 1 whole egg yolk. :001_302:

bluedaphne

thanks diymummy and autumn82,

ok... maybe i start with 2 feeding sp (baby's feeding spoon) ;)
Other than body rashes, are there any other symptoms to look out for allergy??