Maid luggage

JusMum

My maid contract is till next year march , she came with a bag , and now she have few big bag to bring back , so we decide to post her few bag back to indonesia , she have so many thing is , she told us some cloth are given by our aunt , but is too much she have 4 big bag for us to post back to indonesia , husband sis want me to check her bag , should i check ? im scare if i checked checked her bag and found our thing , how? actually she is abit rude to me , becos i never sound her when she done anything wrong !
if my inlaw , she will be very scare , since she is here till march , im worry what she will done to me and baby ~ what shold i do now ? the bag is inside the car and waiting to send ~~

stonston

Please CHECK!

You can do it buy getting a carton for her, then ask her to repack everything into the carton in front of you. Say you need to make sure she don't send anything illegal, else the whole carton will be confiscated.

She can't send it back in a bag anyway, Singpost will require you to put in a box. If you are using other courier services, they'll require you to use their box also.

Ting

i agree! u shld check.
like stonston said, what if she sends illegal stuffs back??

norfen

Just sharing my personal experience with u..
My ex-maid of 2 yrs ended her contract in March this year. Before we sent her to the airport, some 4 hours before, my Hubs and I made her unpack her luggage and remove her folded clothes one by one. I did a thorough check by going through each and every fold of the clothes. Just to be safe.
Cos my colleague's maid, of 4 years, did something very wrong before she left for her country.
The weird thing is, my colleague always sung praises abt her maid, saying that they had no probs with her throughout the whole time she was with them. But the shocking thing was, they found her (my friend's) jewellery hidden very well in between one of the maid's clothes. :err:
Fortunately, its very apt that she was leaving for good already. Her hubs wanted to press charges against her but my friend decided not to make such a big hoo-haa. that said, she gave her maid a very good scolding upside down and demanded what else did she hide in her luggage.

so, no matter what the situation is, i'd suggest u go thru her luggage. No harm done. Infact, the maids are well accustomed to this practice, according to my Aunt who owns a maid agency.. the employers have the right to do a thorough search..

S

str@wb3rry's

My maid contract is till next year march , she came with a bag , and now she have few big bag to bring back , so we decide to post her few bag back to indonesia , she have so many thing is , she told us some cloth are given by our aunt , but is too much she have 4 big bag for us to post back to indonesia , husband sis want me to check her bag , should i check ? im scare if i checked checked her bag and found our thing , how? actually she is abit rude to me , becos i never sound her when she done anything wrong !
if my inlaw , she will be very scare , since she is here till march , im worry what she will done to me and baby ~ what shold i do now ? the bag is inside the car and waiting to send ~~
hi norfen

just give her some excuse that you help her see what can be send and what cannot be send. If she send jewellery tell her not in case lost. Coz my maid buy gold and i ask her not to send via mail in case lost over the journey.

you can just give her some excuse that sound you are helpful to her so she wont suspect so much =)

but in any case i agree with all that we need to check our maid bag.

btw u mention that ur maid abit rude to u now. mine also the case i tot she change but now worst i decide to replace her in mid nov. Her contract is till next year march too but i dun wan to take her nonsense. always give face and wont reply me when i talk to her. I even told her 'now i talk to u never ans me back' she dun even reply me. but anyway i sending her back once i found a maid and i think i only let her know on the day she going back in case she got any funny idea.

norfen

hi norfen

just give her some excuse that you help her see what can be send and what cannot be send. If she send jewellery tell her not in case lost. Coz my maid buy gold and i ask her not to send via mail in case lost over the journey.

you can just give her some excuse that sound you are helpful to her so she wont suspect so much =)

but in any case i agree with all that we need to check our maid bag.

btw you mention that your maid abit rude to you now. mine also the case i thought she change but now worst i decide to replace her in mid nov. Her contract is till next year march too but i dont want to take her nonsense. always give face and wont reply me when i talk to her. I even told her 'now i talk to you never ans me back' she dont even reply me. but anyway i sending her back once i found a maid and i think i only let her know on the day she going back in case she got any funny idea.
Hi Strawberry..

No, its not the maid's jewellery that is hidden in between the clothes.. it my colleague's jewellery that the maid has taken and put in between the folds!!!
In other words, she has STOLEN them and planning to bring it back to Indo. *faints*

yah.. its true that maids over time, will be more big headed and become more rude to the employers. Had my fair share of such maids. I sent them back to the agency after 6mths of no improvement in her behaviour.
and i also recommend ur way of telling the maid to pack her things on the day that u want to terminate her services.. this is to ensure that she don't have enough time to plan whatever bad intentions towards u and ur family, if she has any.

JusMum

ya .. maybe should ask her transfer to carton box , what if i found there is really our things inside , should i just give her or keep it , like its my boy cloth ,, becos some of my dear son cloth i din saw already , my maid daughter just gave birth last month , my hubby polo t-shirt and jean also getting lesser , i dun know wheather to suspect her or not ,
some more my inlaw always leave their money here and there ,
what if i really found our things inside , cant just send her back straight away , i haven got my new maid , let her continue staying also make me worry , what she will do to us , as she is always alone at home ..
haiz ~~

stonston

Just tell her it's not honest for her to steal. Whatever you find, take it back. But they always leave things with their friends for safe-keeping one!

S

str@wb3rry's

Hi Strawberry..

No, its not the maid's jewellery that is hidden in between the clothes.. it my colleague's jewellery that the maid has taken and put in between the folds!!!
In other words, she has STOLEN them and planning to bring it back to Indo. *faints*

yah.. its true that maids over time, will be more big headed and become more rude to the employers. Had my fair share of such maids. I sent them back to the agency after 6mths of no improvement in her behaviour.
and i also recommend your way of telling the maid to pack her things on the day that you want to terminate her services.. this is to ensure that she dont't have enough time to plan whatever bad intentions towards you and your family, if she has any.
ya i read you were saying your colleague maid. But i mean u have to check what in her luggage, u never know wat she keep inside.

So i think now you will be checking her bag, think you jus have to tell her nicely better not let her think that you suspect her stealing or what. Coz some maid very sensitive, i think just be careful of how you be telling her that you will be checking her luggage. =)

joeichen

i oso think u shld check. Tell her u need to do decarlation when sending item so need to go thru her things.

Angelmum

When the maid's contract ends, the employer liable to send all her luggages back? Let's say Jetstar air ticket only allows 20kg luggage, anything above will be charged per kg. Could end up buy new things back home cheaper than letting her take old clothes back. Sounds crazy to pay for old stuff right?