Maid Issues

ClarisseMom

Hi mummies,

I have a situation here. I hired a maid, initially she was good and gradually, I found out that she abuse the hp I give her to use it to text me whenever her feeds to the baby and also text me about the timing she feed my baby when I am at work.

I have bought her a phone card those hello card to call back to her family once in two weeks. Recently I found out that my hp bills shown a IDD call out to her husband...I got a shock...she has been calling like almost 3 other days from 1 Sep all the way to 29 Sep... at least 15 times in Sep..even though the talk time is sometimes 5 min, 10 min, 20 min..

The whole idea here is not the time she spent on the phone is the dishonesty she is. I told her before do not use this hp to call her family and she said no..

But she never realised that the hp has a bill that comes to me every month.

I am now very vexed and worry about leaving her with my baby since she is dishonest person.. even though I intend to install a camera will it helps? I hate to change maid coz need to retrain again...

Mummies out there, any suggestions? comments?:shyxxx:

u cannot turn the clock back if something already happened ***knock-knock on the wood***... so please do something if you feel unsecured already... i rather put my boy to child care rather than leave to maid alone at home.

for the phone bill, you show her the bill with the phone number attached (to proved her using the phone), then you can deduct the bill from her salary (to teach her the lesson),

ClarisseMom

you cannot turn the clock back if something already happened ***knock-knock on the wood***... so please do something if you feel unsecured already... i rather put my boy to child care rather than leave to maid alone at home.

for the phone bill, you show her the bill with the phone number attached (to proved her using the phone), then you can deduct the bill from her salary (to teach her the lesson),
I am relectant to bring my girl to child care as I worry of her not getting used to it because she is already 11 months and she is very chosey over people..
she already used to this maid and I am very stressed up and not knowing should I send her back because of this.. well i am sort of softhearted and at the same time getting worry ...
Please tell me what should i do with her...give a chance or no?:elvis:

Pei Qing

I am so allergic to maids ever since my last maid was a total nightmare. She has a top up card. And she would do anything to top up that call (stealing and even borrowing money from my neighbours). U should call her agent first and then sit down to talk with her. Let her know her behaviour is unacceptable and you would not hestitate to send her back.

diymummy

If you're reluctant to send her back and are soft-hearted to give her a chance, you can try installing CCTV at home. But be discreet abt it. If she's already starting to take things for granted, you wouldn't want her to know that she's being watched.

At the same time, gather evidence so that when you feel that she has pulled the last straw that you can bring her back to the agent and get them to send her back.

Maids nowadays can do anything. The best you can do if you're unwilling to send to child care or hire another one, is to just watch her and once you can't tahan already, send her back.

Actually infant cares are not so bad. Your baby might be choosy over people but babies adapt fast. My ds is in an infant care and he loves it there. There was this other boy who went in at 13mths. At first he kept crying and crying... For nearly 2 weeks. Every time I go pick up my son, this new boy would be crying. But after that he warmed up to the teachers there and even to me! Haha. So it might not be that bad a thing to get her used to other people.

ClarisseMom

If you're reluctant to send her back and are soft-hearted to give her a chance, you can try installing CCTV at home. But be discreet about it. If she's already starting to take things for granted, you wouldn't want her to know that she's being watched.

At the same time, gather evidence so that when you feel that she has pulled the last straw that you can bring her back to the agent and get them to send her back.

Maids nowadays can do anything. The best you can do if you're unwilling to send to child care or hire another one, is to just watch her and once you can't tahan already, send her back.

Actually infant cares are not so bad. Your baby might be choosy over people but babies adapt fast. My dear son is in an infant care and he loves it there. There was this other boy who went in at 13mths. At first he kept crying and crying... For nearly 2 weeks. Every time I go pick up my son, this new boy would be crying. But after that he warmed up to the teachers there and even to me! Haha. So it might not be that bad a thing to get her used to other people.
Hi, Diymummy,

Too late leh not to let the maid know we install CCTV. She already know cos we sent someone to our house to do the free demo and she saw.

My husband somemore agreed to let her know as his theory is...better for prevention than the damage already done. He worry if dun tell the maid and the maid do anything to the baby...is too late...so what send her back..baby is hurt already... sigh....really headache....:nah:

ClarisseMom

I am so allergic to maids ever since my last maid was a total nightmare. She has a top up card. And she would do anything to top up that call (stealing and even borrowing money from my neighbours). you should call her agent first and then sit down to talk with her. Let her know her behaviour is unacceptable and you would not hestitate to send her back.
Hi Pei Qing,
thanks for your idea...Will it helps by asking the agent to talk to her? so far, the money she owned the agents already fully paid by my maid...will she still scared of the agent?:tconfused::mmad:

diymummy

Hi Clarissemum, since your maid already know that you all are interested in installing CCTV, just go ahead and install it. Hopefully the maid will wisen up and stop her nonsense. :)

Otherwise, as painful and troublesome as the next step would mean, you would have to send her back or confront her or hire another maid. Or you might have to consider settling for a child care.

Feliz

For me if once i found out the maid are not honest, i wouldnt want to keep her anymore as to prevent further problems. I would rather train all over again till i get a real good one even thou its tiring to teach over and over again.. and if now i scold her or threaten her in any way and let her contiune working, i wouldnt trust her to take care of my baby anymore scare they might do something to my baby..

Why not get a nanny instead?

ClarisseMom

For me if once i found out the maid are not honest, i wouldnt want to keep her anymore as to prevent further problems. I would rather train all over again till i get a real good one even thou its tiring to teach over and over again.. and if now i scold her or threaten her in any way and let her contiune working, i wouldnt trust her to take care of my baby anymore scare they might do something to my baby..

Why not get a nanny instead?
Yesterdaynight, I intend to test her so I ask my maid..."did you have anything didnt tell me or hide from me"..she look at me in the eyes and I look straight into her eyes and said..."you think properly before answer me"
then she said...Mam, I used your hp to call home...
I then ask again...how many times you used that..she said..only yesterday...then I ask again..."ARE YOU SURE" she paused and said...yes..then I stressed my tone again...then she said..many times..

then I question her and asked why do you want to do it...don't you afraid that I will catch this? You think I will not know this and you expect me to pay the hp bill for all your calls and sms to your family.

She just keep quiet and said no.. then I just ask her...do you want to go back home to be with your family and I can send you home...she said no..let her finish the contract with us...then I said what makes you think that I can trust you again..then she replied..I only call a while...i get boiled and said..is not the time you used on the phone is the act of mistrust that you have done... i cannot continue to say to her so I let my husband to tell her..
so my husband go shouting and then she cried..and said she miss her family
so we ask her...why not we send you back home so you will not miss...
then she said give me last chance...and she was crying....
Sigh....so in the end, we gave her last chance and tell her this is the last and if we found anything we will not hesitate to send her back and tell her...dun think that you are very important to us at this time...because we can always pass the baby to the child care and also hire another maid at the same time..:err:

We are scheduling to install the CCTV this week...so we will keep it monitored and keep my toes crossed then hopefully it will be the last...but who knows:bmad::tno:

Feliz

Yesterdaynight, I intend to test her so I ask my maid..."did you have anything didnt tell me or hide from me"..she look at me in the eyes and I look straight into her eyes and said..."you think properly before answer me"
then she said...Mam, I used your hp to call home...
I then ask again...how many times you used that..she said..only yesterday...then I ask again..."ARE YOU SURE" she paused and said...yes..then I stressed my tone again...then she said..many times..

then I question her and asked why do you want to do it...dont't you afraid that I will catch this? You think I will not know this and you expect me to pay the hp bill for all your calls and sms to your family.

She just keep quiet and said no.. then I just ask her...do you want to go back home to be with your family and I can send you home...she said no..let her finish the contract with us...then I said what makes you think that I can trust you again..then she replied..I only call a while...i get boiled and said..is not the time you used on the phone is the act of mistrust that you have done... i cannot continue to say to her so I let my husband to tell her..
so my husband go shouting and then she cried..and said she miss her family
so we ask her...why not we send you back home so you will not miss...
then she said give me last chance...and she was crying....
Sigh....so in the end, we gave her last chance and tell her this is the last and if we found anything we will not hesitate to send her back and tell her...dont think that you are very important to us at this time...because we can always pass the baby to the child care and also hire another maid at the same time..:err:

We are scheduling to install the CCTV this week...so we will keep it monitored and keep my toes crossed then hopefully it will be the last...but who knows:bmad::tno:
Well hopefully keep toes cross and hope that she will learn her mistakes and REPENT!!.. heehhe.. I think now she also don dare to do anything funny, still got to wait for maybe afew months n see if pattern come back or not.. :001_302:

Ting

clarisse, i think there is such a system with the phone coy whereby u can restrict the calls she made out.
they call it child phone i think.
my colliq does it for her son.
meaning, u can state which number to be able to call out only. the rest will not be abled to. so u can just restrict her for emergency number like police numbers, n only you n your hubby's contact.
so she cant make any other calls out. :)

ClarisseMom

clarisse, i think there is such a system with the phone coy whereby you can restrict the calls she made out.
they call it child phone i think.
my colliq does it for her son.
meaning, you can state which number to be able to call out only. the rest will not be abled to. so you can just restrict her for emergency number like police numbers, and only you and your hubby's contact.
so she cant make any other calls out. :)
Hi Ting,
Yes, the phone I passed to her is a contract mobile phone for her to carry around because I need her to answer my call in quick manner.. so she has to carry it around with her in the house in her pocket.

I already barred the IDD call and she is not allowed to make overseas calls:Dancing_hmm: but the global SMS she still can uses it. This cannot barred unless I also get M1 to barred the local SMS which I need her to text me when she has questions.
so now, we have to monitor. We told her...please do not attemp anything funny because we will know ..somehow, or someday...and ask her to use her brain to think anything first before you wan to do it...I told her to think about her child in her home country first before she wan to do anything funny...

This is to warn her to be mindful about things she did...phew...finally i can sit down and think of ways to counteract her...hopefully it works..I am trying my luck...:1err:

ClarisseMom

Well hopefully keep toes cross and hope that she will learn her mistakes and REPENT!!.. heehhe.. I think now she also dont dare to do anything funny, still got to wait for maybe afew months and see if pattern come back or not.. :001_302:
Yah....we'll see...i heard this type of people will have pattern comes and goes one....cause is their pattern...depends on what pattern they want to comes up with...
sometimes...can vomit blood...

Ting

Hi Ting,
Yes, the phone I passed to her is a contract mobile phone for her to carry around because I need her to answer my call in quick manner.. so she has to carry it around with her in the house in her pocket.

I already barred the IDD call and she is not allowed to make overseas calls:Dancing_hmm: but the global SMS she still can uses it. This cannot barred unless I also get M1 to barred the local SMS which I need her to text me when she has questions.
so now, we have to monitor. We told her...please do not attemp anything funny because we will know ..somehow, or someday...and ask her to use her brain to think anything first before you want to do it...I told her to think about her child in her home country first before she want to do anything funny...

This is to warn her to be mindful about things she did...phew...finally i can sit down and think of ways to counteract her...hopefully it works..I am trying my luck...:1err:
icic. not sure is it the same as my colliq's son.
cos for her, she only restrict like few numbers allowed to be called.
like her hp n hubby hp n hse number. other than tt, no matter what number is pressed, also cant call out. :)

but good luck to u!

joeichen

sorry to hear wat happen. Mostly employer dun allow maid to carry HP when they juz arrival or juz started workin in the family.
I suggest u ask her pay all the overseas call n sms which she maid to her family coz its not fair to employer to pay for her.
Let them knw tat its not cheap to call overseas n we r not like wat they think "stupid" or we earn ez $$$.
Good luck!!

for me , i will get a new maid. i will send this one back to agency without informing ger beforehand in case she do anything funny to my child... n will go agency engage a new one do the paperwork processing at the same time appply about2weeks unpaid leave to briefly coach n teach the new maid about daily chores n let her familiarise our neighhbourhood environment, and when i going back to work after 2weeks i will eveyday bring hr n my kid to my mum or mum in law house in the morning when i leaving to work n fetch them after work til about a month or so den i'll totalli leave them at home... have the camera installed b4 the new one comes n dont let her know there's a camera at hm n observe her from there :)

isabelandrew

i hv another thread abt maid. i tell u - the way ur maid answered just like mine. i concluded is a character issues. my threshold is - so long as the trust is abused, there is no mending back.

ur maid work before?

i hv a mobil camera, she knows but still - dared to doze off w my bb.

im looking for a new maid. my agency cannot make it, send me terrible biodata. maybe purposely dun let me change.

i think u shud tell her abt the cctv.no pt finding out ater thru cctv something she did bad. rather, upfront tell her im watching u.

stonston

Isabelandrew, u looking for Indon or Filipino maid? If Indon maid, I'll recommend my agent, but if Filipino then I won't recd my agent. Cos my experience with their FIlipino maids not very good, but their Indon maids are good :)