Employing maid

ping26

thanks, all.

once trust is breached, i cant act normally. i will look out for a new one.

btw, sending her back is cheaper? what i need to pay if she is waiting for tfr? sending her back very cruel , i soft heart. and what i lose out if i send her back directly? just air tix?

btw can share w me a simple routine of your maid w your baby? i want to see any difference fm mine or not...

thanks
Pls send her back if there's no loan as maid contract usu stipulates you r not supposed to jeopardise re-employment chances. Just book air-ticket & inform the agent. Cancel the work permit on day of departure so that you don't have to pay levy. Arrange for new maid to come on same or next day.

There are enough of these errant job-hoppers & agents in Singapore. Change yr agent too.

As her crime is just stealing food & tardy attitude, I wouldn't make her pay for air ticket or send to embassy.

BTW my prev maid is supp to have a kid & worked for 2 hseholds w kids, incl a stint in Arab. She prob cooked my codfish w assam for herself. She also had the cheek to tell me she ate my ice-cream. She may have stolen cash too. I'm quite sure she left my house w/o permission. I'm still mad after 3 mths. I haven't even told u abt how she "cleaned" the hse & "took care" of baby. How could I have been so sotong (not soft-hearted) as to pass this thing to another person? Agent had assured me "no kids". Turned out to be a sick person who'll prob be more ignorant than me.

Bottomline - don't consider those can't complete a 2-yr contract. They have character problem. Don't get one of same size. Ex-maid stole 2 bags of old clothes & bags/stuff. I found my clothes hanging nicely in her cupboard. Given time, she'll wear my clothes and try cosmetics.

My current maid wakes up at 6 am or 6.30am (wkend) & sleeps at 11pm. As my baby & she go to my mum's place 3x/wk, she doesn't do much hsework during wkdays. Most chores r done weekly or fortnightly, except for baby's play & sleep areas & the floor. At mum's place, she takes care of baby and helps w cooking as there's another maid there.

Dont let your maid know abt change at all. I don't want to say this but some maids are stupid. My hubby's colleague's dog got murdered by maid cos she didn't want to take care of it. It died of strangulation, hanging fr leash in lift door. She pretended it got caught by lift doors but never let go of leash. Recently, an Indo maid was in papers for stabbing employer's 7-yr-old.

Jan

Hi,

I have sent my maid back to her country yesterday. To be brief, I actually sent her back to the agent and bought her air ticket and got the agent to sent her to airport on Sunday morning.

My maid was caught goin out of the house without informing me on 20.09.09. I think she never expect me to be back so early (before 9pm). So when she opened the door and saw me standing infront of her, she got a shock of her life. She even dare to lie that she went to meet her cousin and we also found out she is holding 2 handphones.

On her first day of work, i already emphasize no handphone and kept her phone which she declared. It was only after 1 or 2 mths and being kind, I decided to return her handphone to her as I know her kids pictures and she will like to look at it.

Then few weeks later, she received a letter from her cousin who is working her and her kind cousin actually gave her a prepaid sim card and she asked to keep as the letter claim the value is less than $5, so being out of good heart, we allowed.

We never expect to have so many problems. When I found out she owned 2 handphones, she can still tell me she scared I might take away her the other handphone. So when we asked why she never informed us that she went out, she said her cousin message her last mins and claimed her cousin only wanted to meet her for 5 mins. My hubby demanded her to show him the message and she took the phone and search but later claimed she had accidentally deleted it. This time my hubby really boiled, he shouted at the top of his voice and claimed that she was trying to play tricks and games. I asked her to pass me the handphone and actually screen through the phone and I immediately spotted her phone no. with the name as "DARLING". I question her immediately who is this Darling and why is the no. a Singapore Tel no. Is her hubby workin in SG or wat. She claimed this is a wrong no. this is really BEST... wrong no. yet still label as darling... May I know who will label a wrong no. as DARLING?

My hubby and I sent her packing as we are trying to threaten her and make her to confess.... and it was also very late. So we decided to let her stay for one night by telling her to write a confess letter. We asked her to put her luggage into our room and told her we will decide the next day.

So the next day, she worked as normal and my hubby was actually gathering evidence of her deeds as we strongly believe she was seeing a man. So after we settle our son to his afternoon nap, we questioned her again. And during this time, several message came in with addressing like "Darling, anything happne?" Dear, why u nvr call me. I missed u" blah blah blah... We told her I am going to calll her cousin employer to tell her employer her cousin actually got so many boyfriends... and if i found out anything that she is lying, i will not think twice to send her away and she will also get her cousin to be in deep shit. My hubby also stressed to her that we have found out the truth but we wanted her to confess and we are willing to give her another chance... so finally she admitted that her meeting the previous night was actually a man. And she got to know this man because of another WRONG NO. phone call and this man requested to meet her... And their meeting is actually at the void deck of my blk.... stupid fellow...

My hubby and I realised we can't kept her anymore, so the following day... we went to the agency and reported her case to the agent and at the same time looking for a replacement maid...

SunShine07

Hi,

I have sent my maid back to her country yesterday. To be brief, I actually sent her back to the agent and bought her air ticket and got the agent to sent her to airport on Sunday morning.

My maid was caught goin out of the house without informing me on 20.09.09. I think she never expect me to be back so early (before 9pm). So when she opened the door and saw me standing infront of her, she got a shock of her life. She even dare to lie that she went to meet her cousin and we also found out she is holding 2 handphones.

On her first day of work, i already emphasize no handphone and kept her phone which she declared. It was only after 1 or 2 mths and being kind, I decided to return her handphone to her as I know her kids pictures and she will like to look at it.

Then few weeks later, she received a letter from her cousin who is working her and her kind cousin actually gave her a prepaid sim card and she asked to keep as the letter claim the value is less than $5, so being out of good heart, we allowed.

We never expect to have so many problems. When I found out she owned 2 handphones, she can still tell me she scared I might take away her the other handphone. So when we asked why she never informed us that she went out, she said her cousin message her last mins and claimed her cousin only wanted to meet her for 5 mins. My hubby demanded her to show him the message and she took the phone and search but later claimed she had accidentally deleted it. This time my hubby really boiled, he shouted at the top of his voice and claimed that she was trying to play tricks and games. I asked her to pass me the handphone and actually screen through the phone and I immediately spotted her phone no. with the name as "DARLING". I question her immediately who is this Darling and why is the no. a Singapore Tel no. Is her hubby workin in SG or what. She claimed this is a wrong no. this is really BEST... wrong no. yet still label as darling... May I know who will label a wrong no. as DARLING?

My hubby and I sent her packing as we are trying to threaten her and make her to confess.... and it was also very late. So we decided to let her stay for one night by telling her to write a confess letter. We asked her to put her luggage into our room and told her we will decide the next day.

So the next day, she worked as normal and my hubby was actually gathering evidence of her deeds as we strongly believe she was seeing a man. So after we settle our son to his afternoon nap, we questioned her again. And during this time, several message came in with addressing like "Darling, anything happne?" Dear, why you never call me. I missed you" blah blah blah... We told her I am going to calll her cousin employer to tell her employer her cousin actually got so many boyfriends... and if i found out anything that she is lying, i will not think twice to send her away and she will also get her cousin to be in deep shit. My hubby also stressed to her that we have found out the truth but we wanted her to confess and we are willing to give her another chance... so finally she admitted that her meeting the previous night was actually a man. And she got to know this man because of another WRONG NO. phone call and this man requested to meet her... And their meeting is actually at the void deck of my blk.... stupid fellow...

My hubby and I realised we can't kept her anymore, so the following day... we went to the agency and reported her case to the agent and at the same time looking for a replacement maid...
yah, better dun keep her....will create more problem. My sis's maid also got man outside...now she is looking for replacement...

diymummy

that time i my friend's maid outside got man... then she got pregnant... doh... really a lot of problems... those outside got man one very scary. don't know they will also get any STDs or not... then day in day out look after children or old folks... prepare their food... scared they spread all these diseases man... yikes! send them back is the best.

chachaleo

You should never do a DIY if you're a first time employer.

I'm replacing my current helper as we have totally spoiled her. I'm going back to work soon. I chose another maid & all I have to do is send her to the agency. Otherwise, I'll have to send her back to Indo & liase with MOM & get another helper. She may run away.... it's too much trouble for a first-timer.

Just get an agency which your friends or relatives have current dealings. My agency, Swift Arrow (Yishun) doesn't care about our complaints or maid's welfare at all. But they'll process everything properly with some pressure. Some terms can be negotiated.

This is where the $488 agency fee comes in useful.
Hi sorry abit out of topic as well..

i hv oso spoiled my current maid n both me n hubby want to change a new maid but still hesitating cos i dun hv anybody at hm except maid n my boys so really nd somebody trustworthy.

As for my current maid she really gone overboard with the things she reply or argue..simply no respect for us.

If im gg to go to the agent..gotta spend $388 for the agency fee.. come to thing of it oso headache.

LoVeS

Yes, you can request maid to take care of baby at nite.
As long as you make sure she have enough rest, but make sure you let the maid know she is gg to take care of new born...
Alot of maid does not know how to take care of new born so you must make sure you teach them well.
so u mean we haf to let the maid knw b4 hiring her??

Sorry another question is, is it illegal or is there a rule tat maid muz slp in bedroom? Bcoz currently i am living in 5 rm flat wif my PILs so prob is tat, 1 rm occupied by hb, my son n me alrdy, 2nd rm occupied by my PILs, 3rd rm is study rm where my PILs do accounting as they haf their own business so alot of money etc etc tats why maid cant stay in tat rm n last rm is my bro in law occupied BUT we cant let the maid slp wif my bro in law as my MIL refused so end up it seem like the only choice is living rm.

Does any mummies let their maid slp in living rm??:shyxxx:

LoVeS

Usually they cant request more $$ just cos take care of newborn. But some of them cant take the stress and strain of taking care of newborn. I picked a maid who is more mature and has a kid herself so she is very patient with my boy.

And sometimes my boy sick, she stay up to look after him, I'll give her permission to nap with my son in the afternoon. My maid wont nap, she'll onli lie down beside my boy when he nap. She just lie there and rest only. she dare not nap even though we gave her permission already.
actually my daughter is now 5mths old n she does slp thru at nite wif at times waking up once or twice n go back to slp so shouldnt be tat bad rite? I dun mind letting the maid nap whenever my daughter is napping coz to me her main job is juz taking care of my daughter n as for my son i can take care by myself.

Juz curious, does any maids take care of baby n a toddler at the same time as their main jobscope w/o any house chores to be done?

Another questions, is indo maids better or Filipinos maid better? Which of them are more expensive in term of their pay?

LoVeS

I dont mind asking for you but for 3 mths, I believe you gotta pay for everything like we get a normal 2 yrs ones. Like agent fee, insurance, sign security bond.
sorry may i know normally insurance is how much?? How much for bond? Wat is the security bond for??

chachaleo

actually my daughter is now 5mths old and she does sleep thru at nite with at times waking up once or twice and go back to sleep so shouldnt be that bad rite? I dont mind letting the maid nap whenever my daughter is napping coz to me her main job is just taking care of my daughter and as for my son i can take care by myself.

just curious, does any maids take care of baby and a toddler at the same time as their main jobscope w/o any house chores to be done?

Another questions, is indo maids better or Filipinos maid better? Which of them are more expensive in term of their pay?
My maid is looking after my 2 boys (twins)..they r very very active and she's doing the cooking n housechores too. Of cos..housechores nt 100% can be done as priority is still looking after my boys. For me i prefer filipino maid as they can eat almost everything dun hv to bother abt her nt eating pork

LoVeS

My maid is looking after my 2 boys (twins)..they are very very active and she's doing the cooking and housechores too. Of cos..housechores not 100% can be done as priority is still looking after my boys. For me i prefer filipino maid as they can eat almost everything dont have to bother about her not eating pork
How old are your 2 boys? Mine is 2.5yrs old son and 5mths old daughter. I been thinking if taking care both my kids is it possible?!:wong10:

My hubby n me r still discussing whether to hire a maid would be better or send my daughter to nanny would be better?

My concern is, can maid take care of my daughter alone or nt, at least if hire maid i can monitor her moves even if she does anything funny to my daughter while nanny i wont be able to monitor her at all. :wong10:

Last edited:
actually my daughter is now 5mths old and she does sleep thru at nite with at times waking up once or twice and go back to sleep so shouldnt be that bad rite? I dont mind letting the maid nap whenever my daughter is napping coz to me her main job is just taking care of my daughter and as for my son i can take care by myself.

just curious, does any maids take care of baby and a toddler at the same time as their main jobscope w/o any house chores to be done?

for me i prefer Filipinos one .. last time hen i m working my maid handled all housework ,looking after me kids n cooking, but for marketing i wil buy the stuff i want to eat n she will cook :) my maid took care of both my kids

stonston

Indon or Filipino really depends on luck. There are good & bad ones for both.

Me & hb preferred Filipino to look after our baby, but ended up getting Indon maid cos all 4 Filipino maids we got 'cannot make it'. Either lie, steal or extremely lazy. And they are smarter, so they try to outwit you. Those from 'kampung' really cannot make it, spoil our electrical appliances even after teaching them 10 - 20 times.

So far my good experiences are all with Indon maids, so we'll stick with Indon maids since language isn't a barrier (we only hire those who have worked in Msia before & can speak English).

LoVeS

do we really have to provide them the IDD calls that they call out or they have to fork out themselves? Normally how often do you allow your domestic helper to call back home?

SunShine07

for me, i bought prepaid card for her. Firstly becos i need to contact her if she is outside with my son (she need to send him to playgroup) secondly i dun have house phone. I let her call back her home town at least once a month. Recently, due to the flood at her home town, i let her call back again. It was me who ask her to call back, she didn't request to.

Acutally, it is not a must to provide, it depends. If my maid is not that 'good', i won't. So far, she never request anything from me, so i give what i think she deserve or need it.

LoVeS

for me, i bought prepaid card for her. Firstly becos i need to contact her if she is outside with my son (she need to send him to playgroup) secondly i dont have house phone. I let her call back her home town at least once a month. Recently, due to the flood at her home town, i let her call back again. It was me who ask her to call back, she didn't request to.

Acutally, it is not a must to provide, it depends. If my maid is not that 'good', i won't. So far, she never request anything from me, so i give what i think she deserve or need it.
so by rite how many times for them to call back or how much do we need to pay for her IDD calls per mth is reasonable amount? Bcoz i knw there are maids tat simply chat on the fone using idd to their family.

SunShine07

so by rite how many times for them to call back or how much do we need to pay for her IDD calls per month is reasonable amount? Bcoz i knw there are maids that simply chat on the fone using idd to their family.
hmmm, i guess there is no exactly amount leh. If you are worried, u have the right to keep the phone and only let her have it if necessary or upon requested.

For me, i dun keep it, cos my maid dun use phone unless by my instructions. It also depends on your maid's attitude.

chachaleo

do we really have to provide them the IDD calls that they call out or they have to fork out themselves? Normally how often do you allow your domestic helper to call back home?
Hi Loves

My maid uses her hp w prepaid card, i dun pay for the card unless i sometimes can't reach her at hm then will call her hp. Frankly i really regret letting my maid use hp becos she tends to do things her way despite us telling her nt to use the ph during day time so tat she can concentrate w my kids.

Btw my sons are 3 yrs old n if i engage a nanny i hv to fork out to $1k for 2 of them i tink so it's actually more practical to hv a maid. nw i wan to change maid but my hubby refuse becos he's afraid the new maid cannot handle my boys n oso if she will mistreat my boys..sigh

LoVeS

Hi Loves

My maid uses her hp w prepaid card, i dont pay for the card unless i sometimes can't reach her at hm then will call her hp. Frankly i really regret letting my maid use hp becos she tends to do things her way despite us telling her not to use the ph during day time so that she can concentrate w my kids.

Btw my sons are 3 yrs old n if i engage a nanny i have to fork out to $1k for 2 of them i tink so it's actually more practical to have a maid. now i want to change maid but my hubby refuse becos he's afraid the new maid cannot handle my boys n also if she will mistreat my boys..sigh
I tink it boils down to the point of the maid themselves when it comes to allowing or disallowing them to use hp. Personally i allow my maid to use her hp but i told her b4 tat i will allow her to use it during the nite time only n indeed she use it after my baby ger is aslp.

no matter wat still tks alot for feedback to me on ur way of practice on ur maid regarding my qns~ 1st time engage maid so kinda clueless duno wat r the things we need to pay for the maid~