when to start brush bb's teeth

yo dear.. when to start brush bb's teeth?? my bb is coming 11mths.juz grow below 2pcs n half on the top..is it to fast to brush her teeth? wat brand of toothpaste recommended?hw bout the first tooth brand?

annie

i started using damp gauze cloth to wipe my girl's gums since day 1 cos i want her to get used to having something cleaning her mouth and also to maintain gums hygeine of cos hehe. i used to do only once a day(during shower) then increase to few times a day after she started taking solid(i clean after every meals) and then when she was about 8-9mths old i bought a lot of different rubbery toothbrush for her to bite on n off throughout the day and then at around 10mths i start to use a real kids brush to brush her teeth 1 time a day during her bath before bed. i dun use toothpaste that time. then at 1yr old i started using toothpaste...those that dosent need to be rinsed off.. i will follow by a damp gauze cloth to clean her teeth after brushing since she dun rinse her mouth after that... then just last week(1yr 1 week old) i started to brush 2 times a day (when she wakes up n before bed) but toothpaste only at night (once a day)

btw, my girl has 2 bottom tooth at 4.5mths already. then 2 tops around 6.5mths i think... now she has 8...

LoVeS

I tink it gd to start brushing bb teeth when they start to haf their teeth~ I used pigeon brand as they are safe even if bb swallow it~

apollo

ds has 2 lil teeth now and eversince his 1st tooth pop out, i hav started to use wet cloth to clean his teeth and gum...:tlaugh:

snowbear

Before her teeth emerged and after she started eating semisolids, i used to clean her gums with a damp cloth. After she had teeth, I used a rubber toothbrush and toothpaste from First Teeth to clean her teeth and gums. The toothpaste is safe for ingestion. I just bought another brand of toothpaste called Spiffies from Kiddy Palace recently and that's safe as well.

the spifies or first teeth brand can oso use to clean her tongue rite? i clean her wif damp gauze wif the cleaning mouth liqiud frm herb shop.nw she has few teeth le,tink of brushing her teeth wif brush..

snowbear

the spifies or first teeth brand can also use to clean her tongue rite? i clean her with damp gauze with the cleaning mouth liqiud frm herb shop.now she has few teeth ,tink of brushing her teeth with brush..
shld be fine... :)

Pigeon has a range of brushes to choose from. You can chk that out too

annie

im using pigeon's tooth brush for my girl but not their toothpaste cos from wat ive seen, all pigeon's toothpaste here in japan needs to be rinsed off. cant swallow. i bought another brand 'wakodo'

DodoTan

I started when my boy had about 3 or 4 teeth. Bought this edible baby toothpaste from the pharmancy that came with a finger brush. Can't remember the brand name, but the packaging is mostly blue and the flavour is apple banana. Then I also bought a set of 3 'brushes' I think from pigeon. 1st one looks nothing like a toothbrush. Rubbery and textured. My son loved to chew on it. 2nd one looks like a toothbrush with rubber bristles. 3rd one looks like a regular toothbrush.

snowbear

I started when my boy had about 3 or 4 teeth. Bought this edible baby toothpaste from the pharmancy that came with a finger brush. Can't remember the brand name, but the packaging is mostly blue and the flavour is apple banana.
Ya, this is the First Teeth brush and toothpaste.

Then I also bought a set of 3 'brushes' I think from pigeon. 1st one looks nothing like a toothbrush. Rubbery and textured. My son loved to chew on it. 2nd one looks like a toothbrush with rubber bristles. 3rd one looks like a regular toothbrush.
This is the set I mentioned. But they also sell the brushes separately.

meiying

i started to use the finger brush once my boy teeth is out... then as most of the teeth comes out i use first teeth toothpaste to brush his teeth then tongue.. think its easier to use than toothbrush..

potato

How will i know if my baby has straight teeth? Her bottom 2 teeth is coming out, but i notice it's not really straight although it has yet to pop out? Hee.. I'm thinking of just using finger toothbrush for her, is it ok not to use toothpaste until she is older? :)

snowbear

How will i know if my baby has straight teeth? Her bottom 2 teeth is coming out, but i notice it's not really straight although it has yet to pop out? Hee.. I'm thinking of just using finger toothbrush for her, is it ok not to use toothpaste until she is older? :)
dun need to worry about whether the milk teeth are straight or not - they'll prob not be but they'll be replaced by the permanent teeth (which you may then wanna worry if those will be straight :))

You can choose not to use toothpaste. :)

diymummy

I've been trying to brush my baby's teeth using the spiffies tooth wipes... But he refuses to open his mouth for me to clean his teeth!! Bleah... Any mummy experience this? How to overcome this or let your baby buy into the idea of having clean teeth?

snowbear

I've been trying to brush my baby's teeth using the spiffies tooth wipes... But he refuses to open his mouth for me to clean his teeth!! Bleah... Any mummy experience this? How to overcome this or let your baby buy into the idea of having clean teeth?
Actually alicia does this now and then. Just try again at a time when bb's in a better mood. Also, usually when they're teething, gums may be a bit sore so they may not like us to wipe their gums. Well, that's at least what i observe about alicia... :D

annie

i do it even if she scream n cry hehe. cos no choice.. its something necessary to do for her oral hygeine though she hate it. she hates getting her nails cut too but i need to pin her down n let her cry her lungs out too. nothing much i can do about it. ive tried distracting her n all but she just dosent take to it. i guess when they are older they will be ok hopefully.