40 days strict confinement by conflict mother in law.

apple_san

Anyone use to take a slip of cold drinks during confinement? And do ü have any side effect? I was survive wif no much drinks cure my dry throat. My Mil only boil red dates longan for me twice a week and th rest of the time keep askin me to drink hot hot and eat from day to night.

chiro

i did drank a sip of coke or pepsi when my son was 5 days old. It was a very refreshing sip. Up till now still remember the precious sip haha. I dun care got side effect or not. I took a shower at the hospital when my son was 3 days old too. When i got discharged, i took shower at mid night also haha

PinkDiamonds

My mum did my confinement during my first 1.5 weeks. She made longan red dates as well but she always didn't make enough as I was perpetually thirsty all the time! So when my mum leaves or when she's in the bathroom I will quickly go and drink some water. Think if I didn't drink enough water I wouldn't be able to supply enough milk for my daughter too!

Try to avoid cold drinks as much as you can, but I do take them once in a while to cool down. Weather was very hot in May.

Queenbabe

Your MIL very strict.... when im doing my confinement, my hubby bring me to Mos burger:001_302: i know better dont drink cold drinks but im craving for it... I think can drink some water but not so much if not how to survive with dry throat?

apple_san

True, My MIL is extremely strict... As I still under confinement right now. Even use computer, I also have to depend on the time. During this period, is very thirsty as She cooked all the heaty foods for me. I Love red date longan very much but I dont understand how come she didnt boil it everyday? ( not sweet) The only best things, she allow was sleep in air-con room during the night time but I still will warm & sticky in the air con room.

chiro

i was wearing under wear and nursing bra when i am go my room with air con on some of the times haha.

angelwendy

For me i think shower is very important when u r fully breastfeeding.... cause u gotta clean ur body well... in order to let ur baby sucks on ur breast without any germ on them... can u imagine u sweating & feeding ur baby @ the same time?? yucks!! & also the wound below u also gotta keep very very clean.. so that won't get infected.... hee... i think when i give birth i still will be getting shower... but just try shower in warmer water....:001_302: Jia you ya apple.... know is hard for u... sayang~

PinkDiamonds

For the first few days I didn't bathe but I would wipe my breast area every time before and after I feed my baby. After a few days cannot take it anymore so will shower.

I remember when we brought baby to PD for the first time, which was also my review, my mum told me to eat fish burger at mc donald's for lunch. Then I ask hubby to order MEAL for me so that I can drink the coke. That was a blessing for me! :D

chiro

did you ask your mum in law why 40 days not 39 or 45 days hehe

personal hygiene very impt

i took shower until the waterproof on my c sect wound came out when johanan was admitted to hospital for jaundice when he was five days old. Bumped into my gynae n told him half of the plaster came off and i pulled out the entire plaster off. He ask if i took shower, i said yes and and instructed me not to take shower for the next 24 hours till he see me again the next days. Keep the area dry so that he can remove stitches for me the next day. And he also told me not to walk so fast, i just had an op 5 days before haha

You are a modern mummy :)

jojoki

mr everyday cold water, cold juice, cold milk.. everday morning till night aircon! ok leh... maybe old di susah but now still ok.. everyday shower also..

apollo

during the 1st few days of confinement i was 'forced' to drink lotsa red date longan drink. but i was TOO HEATY alrdy until constipation. den i really dont care alrdy, my mum told CL not to cook any red date longan anymore until my heatiness is better and during that time i drink lotsa plain water.. few days later then i continue with longan drink BUT also plenty of plain water.

i also slp in aircon room. during my confinement period, the weather was freaking hot! no rain and wind at all! so every aftnoon 3pm onlwards my mum allow me to on the aircon. i dont see any pro regarding this since we alrdy slp in aircon room in hospital right aft giving birth and hospital aircon is much more cooler than our home ones. and since they say cannot blow wind, fan got more wind than aircon right? aircon no wind, only cooling.. haha..

moonfairy

I ate banana the day after I delivered my bb. Old folks say bananas are ''cooling" and I was forbidden to take fruits for the whole 30 days of confinement. Luckily I was able to take vegetables, otherwise I think I will be constipated. I drank hot longan tea and red dates tea. So far I don't get too heaty so that's okay.

I didn't bathe and hardly wipe but I do wash the wound down there. Before BF just wipe the breasts with wet tissue. :tlaugh:

I think it's good to listen to old folks but most importantly, we must take care of ourselves and not fall sick during the recovery period. :shyxxx:

thepinkdot

why 40 days... welll.. originally is 100 days.. i survived the 40 days w/o outside food.. it was ok.. not the most pleasant 40 days.. i was very emotional too.. but the food and stuff.. it was ok.

wenz

i oso drank red date longan tea for the full 40days, sometimes milo... never a sip of water at all... but i wear shorts and singlet during confinement la cos very hot leh! slept in aircon rooms everynite too, no fruits but lotsa veggie...
wash my wound below after every toilet visit.. bathe once every 3day with herbal warm water and wash my hair once every week with herbal water too... wipe my body everyday when not bathing with boiled ginger water...
this is wat i do for my confinement, but there was twice i washed my hair with normal water and now i have headache everyday... i dunno if they are linked??? hmmmmmm

wenz

why 40 days... welll.. originally is 100 days.. i survived the 40 days w/o outside food.. it was ok.. not the most pleasant 40 days.. i was very emotional too.. but the food and stuff.. it was ok.
ohh speak of the 100days... i was not allow to take seafood for 100days... and i follow... but if confinement 100days den i go crazy la!!!
no harm to listen la...

apollo

I ate banana the day after I delivered my baby. Old folks say bananas are ''cooling" and I was forbidden to take fruits for the whole 30 days of confinement. Luckily I was able to take vegetables, otherwise I think I will be constipated. I drank hot longan tea and red dates tea. So far I dont't get too heaty so that's okay.

I didn't bathe and hardly wipe but I do wash the wound down there. Before BF just wipe the breasts with wet tissue. :tlaugh:

I think it's good to listen to old folks but most importantly, we must take care of ourselves and not fall sick during the recovery period. :shyxxx:
i ate banana too! also on the day i delivered!!! cos hospital give mahh, since they gave me, i assume that it is okay to eat.. actu my mum said as long as dont eat those 'green banana' which is v cooling can alrdy... and my CL encourage me to eat more fruits esp apples, cherries....

thepinkdot

i also drank red date longan tea for the full 40days, sometimes milo... never a sip of water at all... but i wear shorts and singlet during confinement cos very hot ! slept in aircon rooms everynite too, no fruits but lotsa veggie...
wash my wound below after every toilet visit.. bathe once every 3day with herbal warm water and wash my hair once every week with herbal water too... wipe my body everyday when not bathing with boiled ginger water...
this is what i do for my confinement, but there was twice i washed my hair with normal water and now i have headache everyday... i dont know if they are linked??? hmmmmmm
sort of.. a few times.. i forgot that i wasn't suppose to wash my hands with tap water.. now raining.. my fingers hurt like crazy. my MIL has the same problem too..

i didn't take seafood for 100 days too.. only took female(i think its female.. =X) chicken for the 40 days too..

wenz

sort of.. a few times.. i forgot that i wasn't suppose to wash my hands with tap water.. now raining.. my fingers hurt like crazy. my mother in law has the same problem too..

i didn't take seafood for 100 days too.. only took female(i think its female.. =X) chicken for the 40 days too..
ohh forget abt tap water... i wash my baby's milk bottle and pacifier everyday and after every feed, so basically my hand is soak in water most of the time.... thru out the 40days... no pain on hand yet but forsee it will come and find me one day...

but the headache is more then enuff for me to suffer...