Milk Powder

soapsoap

hi

wat brand of milk do all MTB drink??
i now drinking meiji fresh milk, but have been thinking will milk powder be better for baby... wan to switch to milk powder but i wanna got flavour one...

apollo

i used to drink Anmum milk powder... very nice, not v sweet... it has normal and choco flavour. i only drink the normal one b4 =)

diymummy

I also drank Anmum that time. Agree that it tastes alright. I drink it every other day when I felt like it.

It's important to up your calcium intake. Lack of it is not just bad for bone development, it's also one of the causes of pre-eclampsia (pregnancy high blood pressure), which is dangerous for mummy and baby.

Milk powder is usually fortified with more calcium and will come with other essential nutrients for your developing fetus. It contains other stuff like folic acid which is important during your first trimester.

If you buy milk powder, please buy those that's especially for pregnant mummies because it would contain all the right nutrients for you and your child.

Ting

hv been drinking magnolia fresh milk daily from 4mths onwards.
tried anmum b4, but didnt like the taste so only drink on n off.

angelwendy

At the beggining i also drink meji low fat milk... but one of my frenz intro Anmum to me.... one pack is only $18.90.. can last u 1 mth i think... depends on how much intake.... when i first started drinking i find that the milk smell is a bit strong... maybe cause i drink it with hot water... if u reali scare of the smell u can put some ice to make it cooler i think it will taste better.....

I'm taking the chocolate one...:001_302:

me too.. i add alittle milo in it.. :)
Hi, I am taking Mamail Mama too, not too sweet , nice vanilla taste and tolerable as I am also lactose intolerant. Plus they advertised it has got some formulae to soften stools so that hopefully MTBs don't develop constipation. So far so ok for me. Many of such multi-vit drinks are known to be 'heaty'.

Tried Similac before and found it too cheaply sweet for my liking.

iwan2noe

Hi, I am taking Mamail Mama too, not too sweet , nice vanilla taste and tolerable as I am also lactose intolerant. Plus they advertised it has got some formulae to soften stools so that hopefully MTBs dont't develop constipation. So far so ok for me. Many of such multi-vit drinks are known to be 'heaty'.

Tried Similac before and found it too cheaply sweet for my liking.
HI Koala bear mummy,

I second to what you said!
Mamail mama is nicer in taste :)

soapsoap

see from other forum tat we should not drink milk powder cos we will get overweight easliy... donno whether is it true??

is there any place i can get sample pack instead to buy one whole tin as i scare i don like the taste

WinnieL

I drink mamil mama.. quite nice. tried the samples i got from those workshops & talks.

not sure if it causes one to gain weight.. but it is definitely fortified with more calcium, DHA etc etc.. so it's better for baby.

I also drink high calcium milk on days when i'm lazy.

iwan2noe

see from other forum that we should not drink milk powder cos we will get overweight easliy... donno whether is it true??

is there any place i can get sample pack instead to buy one whole tin as i scare i dont like the taste
Hmm, for sample packages, u can request from the milk manufacturers.
I remb i got brochures from my gynae clinic then i sent in, they did send me their samples.. i think it is mamil mama from ahbort.. u can try visiting ur gyna's clinic to get the brochures then send it to them for the samples...

Hope this helps :)

iwan2noe

see from other forum that we should not drink milk powder cos we will get overweight easliy... donno whether is it true??

is there any place i can get sample pack instead to buy one whole tin as i scare i dont like the taste
Hmm, for me i dont think i gained wt fr the milk i drink that is specifically catered for mtb.. I think i gained wt from the food i ate and the gain in wt by my bb.. It also depends alot on whether u r those who got water retention prob and whether it is serious or not...

I am saying this on the fact that i dont drink 2 glasses of milk that was recommended on the instructions on the milk tin, but i follow their indication to add how many spoon of milk to how much water.
It is good to drink specially catered milk for mtb and lactating mum as they are fortified with many essential nutrients! Do consider this type of milk than fresh milk.

Hi soapsoap, I did hear from friends that drinks for MTBs tend to be fattening. However, it is true that such drinks are formulated and fortified to be like multi-vit for MTBs ie designed drinks than the average milk for MTBs.

Just limit yourself like iwan2noe to no more than 1 or 2 as recommended, you should not put on weight from these. I used to drink at least 1 glass (max 2) p/day for first and second tri, put on 8 kg so far which I think it's perfectly acceptable :)

iwan2noe

Hmm, for sample packages, you can request from the milk manufacturers.
I remb i got brochures from my gynae clinic then i sent in, they did send me their samples.. i think it is mamil mama from ahbort.. you can try visiting your gyna's clinic to get the brochures then send it to them for the samples...

Hope this helps :)
Hi soapsoap,

I found the site for similac whereby u can ask for free sample of milk powder. This is the same form which i fill up on the copy of brochure i gotten from my gyane clinic :)
U may wanna try requesting for it via this link : Abbott Singapore

Leanne

My son has been drinking NAN for 3 yrs.. Now he's 3 & NAN PRO has no more milk powder for 3 yrs & above.. What do you all recommend?

Thanks!!