Rebonding during pregnancy

Verona's

I am now 34 weeks , wanting to do rebonding but i not sure whether is it safe , i can't find the thread about it so i decided to start one , any idea is it fine ? :)

Phoebii Cheng

No it is best not to rebond ur hair during pregnancy......the strong chemicals might go through the blood stream

angelwendy

I think better not... cause the chemical that they put will be harmful to baby... just tahan after birth ba...:err:

Verona's

:( Okay lor , because i scare after birth got no time to go salon already , need to takecare of baby liao . At first hair still quite straight one , after a hair cut everything become unequal like this , so irritating curl here & there ~

TANZHENZHI

Veron mummy, better don't rebond during your pregnancy. my hair also very curly but i also tahan until i gave birth then rebond. Like what the others mummy mention got the chemical not good for baby. ;) Bear with it la..

shiyi

:( Okay , because i scare after birth got no time to go salon already , need to takecare of baby . At first hair still quite straight one , after a hair cut everything become unequal like this , so irritating curl here & there ~
tats y i dun dare to cut..
wait till after birth den cut + rebond:(

apollo

rebond is not safe during preg... even when i was still bf-ing, my hair stylist advised me to wait until i stop bf-ing... aft 1year+ (preg + bf-ing), i finally rebonded my hair last sat -.-"""

Verona's

Hi Verona's,
I think that it is not a good idea to have a rebond now that you're still pregnant. During my previous pregnancies, I have been strongly warned against harsh chemicals especially those used in hair treatments. There are yet no studies to prove if it's really harmful to the baby but it is better to be cautious than risk your baby's health. Probably that can wait until your baby is 3 months and above. I dont't also recommend that you undergo hair treatment right after birth because you might have excessive hairfall like what happened to me after my first baby.

Thanks , after reading replies & manage to dig out old thread about rebonding during pregnancy i think i would not do rebonding & so till after birth . I would look at my hair condition if i am not having any hair fall or what i think i will go after birth & confinement :)

Verona's

rebond is not safe during preg... even when i was still bf-ing, my hair stylist advised me to wait until i stop bf-ing... after 1year+ (preg + bf-ing), i finally rebonded my hair last sat -.-"""
Wa so long ? I planned to breast feed till she is 1 year old or at least 6 months old leh .. T.T

Verona's

tats why i dont dare to cut..
wait till after birth then cut + rebond:(
Ya lor don't cut unless you tell the person cut already won't curl .. , i think i am sway , the first few time i cut = nothing happen buttttttt untill last week i went to cut the hair dresser cut till it curl here & there , somemore is my layer ~ Then very annoying :(

Verona's

Veron mummy, better dont't rebond during your pregnancy. my hair also very curly but i also tahan until i gave birth then rebond. Like what the others mummy mention got the chemical not good for baby. ;) Bear with it ..
Hehe decided not to , already , 1 month plus to go !!
But also need to see hair condition if hair fall , i think i also cannot do plus bf also can't :(

iwan2noe

But also need to see hair condition if hair fall , i think i also cannot do plus bf also can't :(
verona, Jia you!

Bear with it..U will get by it v soon !
the chemical used during rebonding and dying is so potent and strong it tends to get absorbed into the body system.
So may be harmful to ur baby.. I also have v dry hair but cant do anything, except doing conditioning....

Verona's

verona, Jia you!

Bear with it..you will get by it very soon !
the chemical used during rebonding and dying is so potent and strong it tends to get absorbed into the body system.
So may be harmful to your baby.. I also have very dry hair but cant do anything, except doing conditioning....
Haha jiayou too ! our edd 10 days apart :D
But might give birth early if baby's head not down by 36 weeks :(

ohstrawberry

Believe it or not, i did soft rebonding a few days before i delivered.
I also very skeptical at first, but my professional stylist ensure me that the chemical will not touch my scalp and i did not regretted at all. At least for my baby 1st month, i look pretty.
And as for my baby, he absolutely fine and healthy and also on total breastfeeding with no problem.

Verona's

Believe it or not, i did soft rebonding a few days before i delivered.
I also very skeptical at first, but my professional stylist ensure me that the chemical will not touch my scalp and i did not regretted at all. At least for my baby 1st month, i look pretty.
And as for my baby, he absolutely fine and healthy and also on total breastfeeding with no problem.
I am really having a itchy heart now :001_302:
Where did you do your soft rebonding & how much does it cost ?