Checking of dilation

MomoMummy

no scared no scared.. i give myself the thought that get over n done with.

nurse did say breath in when he is abt to insert .. mine damn tight n daughter nv intend to cum out at all.. eat, sleep n living well inside.. hehe

yrs may differ.. juz relax..

shiyi

how many times will the doc check for dilation?
i have an appt later in the morning :embarrassed:

iwan2noe

no scared no scared.. i give myself the thought that get over n done with.

nurse did say breath in when he is about to insert .. mine damn tight n daughter never intend to cum out at all.. eat, sleep n living well inside.. hehe

yrs may differ.. just relax..
thanks momomummy..oh no! that's means he will check for my dilation when I goes for my check next wk at wk 37 lor....oh no!!.. so u mean i shd wear pad lor? the normal ones or those panty liner?

Verona's

I think really depends on your body , i only felt uncomfortable afterwards & no bleeding :) Actually i am looking forward on the check up because i could know whether my baby want to come out soon or not hehe ! It will be fine after checking , don't be worry :D

MomoMummy

thanks momomummy..oh no! that's means he will check for my dilation when I goes for my check next wk at wk 37 ....oh no!!.. so you mean i should wear pad ? the normal ones or those panty liner?

wear normal pad.. day type wll do.. pantyliner too small.. cos e blood like just cum menses like that.

hmm probably just think that hubby insert during sex time tt kind of relax n calm..

he only check once per checkup.. probably till the day he thinks u are ready to give birth.

he didnt check it properly tt day the first time.. so he check again..say sorry a lot of times.. infact everytime he check he will say sorry first.. will b fast.

iwan2noe

I think really depends on your body , i only felt uncomfortable afterwards & no bleeding :) Actually i am looking forward on the check up because i could know whether my baby want to come out soon or not hehe ! It will be fine after checking , dont't be worry :D
Hi Verona's,

ur gynae is not Dr Lawrence Ang i suppose ? =)

iwan2noe

wear normal pad.. day type wll do.. pantyliner too small.. cos e blood like just cum menses like that.

hmm probably just think that hubby insert during sex time that kind of relax n calm..

he only check once per checkup.. probably till the day he thinks you are ready to give birth.

he didnt check it properly that day the first time.. so he check again..say sorry a lot of times.. infact everytime he check he will say sorry first.. will b fast.
hmm, ok, MomoMummy.

Think i will bring it bah, but I wont wear it..... in case he didnt check for dilation... =)

Thanks for ur advice! :):red:

shiyi

juz came back from gynae n he said nex wk have to go back again for wat vaginal test..
i think he meant checkin for dilation...*gulp*

trinitiz

Shiyi,

I think the vagina test he meant was the Group B strep test. :)

Is it necessary to check for dilation? My gynae never did any dilation checks for me. He just uses ultrascan , and my EDD is next monday! Now, still waiting and waiting for my little prince to decide when he wants to come out.. If haven't come out by next monday, gynae say may have to induce. <sigh>.

shiyi

Shiyi,

I think the vagina test he meant was the Group B strep test. :)

Is it necessary to check for dilation? My gynae never did any dilation checks for me. He just uses ultrascan , and my EDD is next monday! Now, still waiting and waiting for my little prince to decide when he wants to come out.. If have not't come out by next monday, gynae say may have to induce. <sigh>.
huh wat test is that? wow ur edd is so near.. hope ur prince will come out smoothly

CrystalCloud

hey mummies reading this thread, just want to do my bit to share here that checking of dilation is not painful (at all, at least for me).

i was feeling very nervous when my gynae told me he wil be checking for dilation thru vaginal examination at week 37...i was so scared that i asked if it will be painful when he check my cervix..he says alittle.. and also i have googled and heard from other ladies it will be painful..so got quite scared of it.

when i was week 37, gynae checked and asked me to relax..i held on to nurse's arms..but i did relax and did not tense up myslf at all...it was done in a min! just like someone inserting the fingers deep inside...and then deeper (with lubrication on doc's gloves).
seriously there was NO PAIN at all.. doc says i have no dilation..so i tot it was probably due to that.

but come week 38, doc checked again and told me i was 2cm dilated..again NO PAIN at all...
i duno for others but for me, at least there was no pain at all!!! im so glad..so it actually depends on individual... :wong19: