Casuarina Pri (Pasir Ris)

Cheyenne

Hi,
Is there any mummies who had their kids in Casurina Pri ?

My gal is in P1 this year, and would like to be touch with any mummies for consulation / feedback of this school. I'm a little concern when I saw the P1 ratio during the first week of school.

I'm staying at Tamp (near TP JC) and had no choice but to put my gal in this school as it's the nearest to my mom place (who take cares of her after school till evening). White Sand Pri (nearer to my place) does not have space for her.

thks in advance.

stonston

Hi,
Is there any mummies who had their kids in Casurina Pri ?

My gal is in P1 this year, and would like to be touch with any mummies for consulation / feedback of this school. I'm a little concern when I saw the P1 ratio during the first week of school.

I'm staying at Tamp (near TP JC) and had no choice but to put my gal in this school as it's the nearest to my mom place (who take cares of her after school till evening). White Sand Pri (nearer to my place) does not have space for her.

thks in advance.
What do you mean by the P1 ratio? Very little P1? Or????

thepinkdot

the number of P1 this yr is generally much lower.. it was said in the news, if you're concern about it.

Cheyenne

Well, I can't help but to notice that there seem to be more non-Chinese in school, so a little worried. Also school seem to have a bit more non-chinese teacher, than I remember during my school days.

So, I'm wonder if MOE does have a ratio to the students in each school or not. Or they just accept blindly.

No offence to those reading this thread. I'm just curious and do not mean any harm.

stonston

They go by distance. No racial ratio (not like buying HDB flats).

And the racial mix would pretty much depend on the residents in that area too. If I recall correctly, that area around the school has alot of Malays and Indians, which might explain the increased number of children/staff from those races in the school.

If you feel uncomfortable about it, then you should have considered mission schools (either Christian or Buddhist schools, e.g. CHIJ, Maha Bodhi, etc). Due to the religious teachings conducted either during a religious lesson period or during assembly, most of them would be uncomfortable sending their children there.
I remember when I was in Pri Sch at a Christian school, there were less than 10 Indian students in the level and only around 5 Malay students in the level. It's still similar situation now in my alma mater.

It's not being racist but some of us grew up without many Malay/Indian friends so we just feel uncomfortable. Not trying to ostracise or judge anyone.

Maybe you should give your girl a chance to make friends with them so that she won't feel uncomfortable :)

Anyway, what's your main concern? Academic results or others?
Academic results also depend on individual child and parent's support from home.
What the school can do is also limited. Monitor your child's work carefully and you won't go wrong :)

camom

Which class is your child in?

Actually my daughter is also in P1 in this sch as we didn't get into the sch of our choice. However, we've managed to get a transfer into 1 of the sch we waitlisted at already so today will be her last day there.