cry for 3hr in schl any solution?

Jen Tan

My kid was crying since start his nursary last week?
How how how is there any soluation?
Cos i ask him he said he scare the indian teacher..
and other student all okie liao only he still crying and don wan to play with other child... fainted liao
Pls advice. Thanks:shyxxx::wong7:

angelwendy

and other student all okie only he still crying and dont want to play with other child... fainted

My nephew also cry almost everyday when he enters childcare... but no choice... just need to talk more to ur kids & find out wat happen... sometime they cry cause wanna stay with u or stay home... unless the teacher reali did something that scared ur child... try talking to teacher also to find out more... my nephew is treated quite bad actually... when he cry non~ stop the teacher just leave him in the kitchen with the cooking auntie... is not until now then he talk about it then we knw... cause last time sis never reali went to understand wats going on... so i think talk to ur kids first then talk to teacher..... & see wat can be done....:err: i hope everything will be ok for u soon...

EnFlor

and other student all okie only he still crying and dont want to play with other child... fainted

This will sound cruel but no choice lahh.....leave him in school. It hurts to hear our child cries but gotta be strong and firm to really let go. Once the teacher starts talking to him, he will be familiar with the teacher. The crying will stop eventually.

Ting

if he says he is scared of the teacher, i would think u shld drop by one day w/o informing the sch to check on it.
do it a few times to see if anything is wrong..
i would think in most schs/CC the teachers wont do anything "bad" to the children. but u nvr know... in pin's CC, the classrooms r open concept, they r just divided by shelfs n safety gates, so each teacher can see what is happening in the other class also.
if seperate rooms then maybe the teacher do anything funny other ppl wont know...
try sounding out your boy on why he scared, im sure he is old enough to response to your questions.
can ask did the teacher scold him, if yes, isit he did something wrong?
did the teacher beat/hit him (ie, hand or leg? by right it is not allowed i think)

after sounding him out, n if u feel there is a prob, go strat to the principal n talk to him/her.
it is not healthy for kids to grow up in such an environment where he is scared to go to sch.
its diff from kids who has seperation anxiety.

camom

I feel it's separation anxiety. When my gal 1st entered CC at 2yo, she cried for 1 mth. When we changed sch at 4yo, she was ok and didn't even need us to go to sch on 1st day with her. Cruel as it might seem, we were told by the principal not to follow her to sch. Just put her on the sch bus and leave. She'll adjust better this way. (Of course we followed discreetly. Just make sure she didn't see us)

Maybe he's not used to seeing people of other races? Is it bcos the teacher spoke too loudly for his comfort? But ya, to rule out other factors, you should try and visit the sch unannounced to see if there's any cause for concern.

Phoebii Cheng

Yea I agree with what Ting says....

Drop by the CC one day without informing the teacher, if possible look through the window and see what the teachers are doing....

My son's CC is those without air-con type so can look through the window without the teachers' knowledge

Another thing is can talk to the teacher and your son seperately, to find out why your child is crying non-stop

CanCanMum

sorry i juz need to clarify 2 things

your kid is :

1) crying for 3 hours non-stop in class midway?

2) or when u left him there he cries nonstop for 3 hours?

if he says he is scared of the indian teacher, i agree u shd spotcheck during class.

or if it continues, feedback to the Principle about this issue.

Actually dun even need to spotcheck, perhaps take half a days leave to accompany your child during a 3-hourly session, coz Adults can hide their emotions/actions but kids will never be able to hide.

Good luck!!!

Ottermum

oh dear...i'm sending my boy to CC soon... straight when he's turned 18 months old...

my nephew was sent to CC when he's 17 months old...n cried for 3 weeks...

hope my boy won't break his record...:embarrassed:

Domique

AIYO....
i see liao i also scared....
3 hours seems like so long....
i also planning to send Alaric to school when he's 18 months. heard so much stories i worry i heart soft in the end never go back work and remain as sahm....

please update us his status... i hope he will adjust himself to cc real soon as it must be heart wrecking for you as a mummy...

apollo

i rmb i used to cried alot when i was in nursery time.. and my teachers were very biased that time (mayb i really cried alot lahh, haha)..for me, i cried cos i felt insecure in an unfamiliar place which i supposed is the main reason most kids cry during 1st few days/weeks of sch..

Ting

oh dear...i'm sending my boy to CC soon... straight when he's turned 18 months old...

my nephew was sent to CC when he's 17 months old...n cried for 3 weeks...

hope my boy won't break his record...:embarrassed:
pin has classmates that cried for a few mths!

actually, most of this cryings stop after a few minutes.
as of what i know, after the parents leave, the child cries for maybe 5-10 mins then he will be calmed down by the teacher n start to interact n play with their frens then happy alr.
pin last time only tear for like 30 secs? the moment im out of sight she stop alr..
-.-"

CanCanMum

i rmb i used to cried alot when i was in nursery time.. and my teachers were very biased that time (mayb i really cried alot lahh, haha)..for me, i cried cos i felt insecure in an unfamiliar place which i supposed is the main reason most kids cry during 1st few days/weeks of sch..
*OUTTA TOPIC*

ignore the apollo biskuit galllllllllllllll ahahwahahahhaa~~~~~

replyto topic : babers longest record was cried and cried during playgroup till i went out of sight

Jen Tan

sorry i just need to clarify 2 things

your kid is :

1) crying for 3 hours non-stop in class midway?

2) or when you left him there he cries nonstop for 3 hours?

if he says he is scared of the indian teacher, i agree you should spotcheck during class.

or if it continues, feedback to the Principle about this issue.

Actually dont even need to spotcheck, perhaps take half a days leave to accompany your child during a 3-hourly session, coz Adults can hide their emotions/actions but kids will never be able to hide.

Good luck!!!
thanks hope like every one say will get better.

1) he was crying for 3hr in class midway stop than cry than vomit
and the teacher just left him sitting on the chair
i have sound him he say the teacher scold him but i just wonder cos my kid do not understand english perhap the indian teacher just try to talk to him but he cant understand cos he cry until voimt. & he said want me or nanny to stay inside but we cant teacher do not allow.

it is so poor thing that i every day see him come home with red swollen eye.

thanks everyone:embarrassed:
cos he in apple tree never had this prob dont understand why enter PAP nursary will cry until like that really puzzled.. ai yo yo...

CanCanMum

i have sound him he say the teacher scold him but i just wonder cos my kid do not understand english perhap the indian teacher just try to talk to him but he cant understand cos he cry until voimt. & he said want me or nanny to stay inside but we cant teacher do not allow.

cos he in apple tree never had this prob dont understand why enter PAP nursary will cry until like that really puzzled.. ai yo yo...
Ohhh i see

i notice PAP uses this way of handling kids who cry. Time-out sessions.

My boys class oso, a kid cried like yours continuously everyday, it took her about 2 weeks to finally adjust.

U need to do lots of talking to your boy, try and talk to him to calm down, teachers are nice, after school i buy sweets for u ok? If boy good today mummy bring u to macdonalds tomoro etc.....its hard work for u but need to try. U shd know the usual way of calming down your son best den any one else.

Good luck!!

Ting

if that's the case, i think u shld talk to the teacher or principal.
i dun encourage time out sessions by letting the kid sit there n cry non stop then attend to other kids.
i find tt not healthy.
if not the kid cry until no voice even worst.
as teachers, they shld be trained n know how to handle crying kids due to them being afraid. unless they did something wrong then give them the naughty chair method.

CanCanMum

if that's the case, i think you shld talk to the teacher or principal.
i dont encourage time out sessions by letting the kid sit there n cry non stop then attend to other kids.
i find that not healthy.
if not the kid cry until no voice even worst.
as teachers, they shld be trained n know how to handle crying kids due to them being afraid. unless they did something wrong then give them the naughty chair method.
Sometimes its abit hard coz i have seen the teachers tried all methods but the kids still cries.

So far i dunno how they manage to pacify after the 2week session at baber's PCF.

But Cry until vomit is really bad for the kid.

AugBoyz

sorry, how old is ur son? Cannot find ticker n u did not mention in this thread.

if its not continuous crying for 3hrs, with breaks in between, n for a week is normal hahaha~

Actually the teachers plays a part too. Like in my son's cc, for younger kids like in PG they will get a teacher to accompany the toddler during the transition period. For older kids they will jus let the child cry for a while then try to engage him in the class activities. I think its difficult to talk to a K1 or K2 child when they are crying. Some can be very rebellious or cry even louder or verbal. So time out is the best solution. Evne if u force the kid to join the class, the crying n throwing tantrums will disrupt the class activities n affect the other kids.

I went thru this too, took my son 2 weeks to get used to PG routine. And mind u, when he cry, the WHOLE ESTATE can hear him! Luckily 1 teacher accompanied him, when she is with him, he will keep quiet, do abit of things. if she leave him then he will start sobbing n dun wanna do anything, if she dun come back to him after a few mins of sobbing then all hell break loose lor.

meiying

my boy also just went pg this year.. this is 2nd wk and still crying. teacher wrote on notebook that he cried for 45min but when i randomly walk down he is always crying. once awhile stop and cry... so heartpain.. things only turned better today but he stil cry badly when i put him there and when pickhim.. my boy worse dunno hw to talk dunno isit the teacher or separation anxiety.. but many mummies say it will be better after a mth..

yakii

Hi there, dun worry cos is just the starting of it. I know is hurt to see ur kid crying and u cant do anything. When my DS goes to N2 last yr he cried for coming 1mth..will complain scare of this and tat..but they will slowly learn to adapt to new environment and ppl ard them. But u got to be heart harden abit..put him there, tell him tat wat time u will come pick him and say bye and walk off. But u got to be sure u got to be there b4 the child is out cos they will be very scare if they cant see u when they r out.

Now my son just enjoy going to school and enjoy all the teachers and little frens

Jen Tan

Ohhh i see

i notice PAP uses this way of handling kids who cry. Time-out sessions.

My boys class also, a kid cried like yours continuously everyday, it took her about 2 weeks to finally adjust.

you need to do lots of talking to your boy, try and talk to him to calm down, teachers are nice, after school i buy sweets for you ok? If boy good today mummy bring you to macdonalds tomoro etc.....its hard work for you but need to try. you should know the usual way of calming down your son best then any one else.

Good luck!!
ke ke ke thank can can mum this really work out
so happy this is the 2nd day my boy didnt cry.
i told him if u didnt cry i buy u ice cream when he back and he really didnt cry...:Dancing_tongue::001_302::tlaugh::win: