Sudden Lost of Income

Hi Mummies

Just like to know if I'm able to sue the company for sudden lost of income on top of the maternity benefits?

I was recently being dismissed from my job after I told my employer that I was pregnant a month ago.

When I asked them abt my maternity leave pay, they refuse to give and even said to me that they dont have to pay me my maternity leave because they have evidence that my performance was poor. (They started to find fault with me after I told them I was pregnant)

Pls advise..

Thanks in advance!!

apollo

i think no matter what, u shd contact MOM, tell them ur case, and ask if they can help u to get bk the what u shd have anot. no harm trying, at least got chance =)

Phoebii Cheng

Hi I think that the co has no right to dismiss you when you tell them tht you r pregnant......even if they do dismiss you, they must compensate u, I am not sure abt the maternity benefits though, you might want to contact MOM, cos' they do help employee fight for unfair treatments esp when now u r pregnant, contact them asap.....

hi mummies..

i've called mom on sat & they told me to speak to my employer first..

till nw, there is no reply from the co yet..

Ting

r u perm staff or PT???
today only monday. think u give another 1-2 days more.

From my understanding, MOM does have a rule that as long as you are at least 4 months pregnant, the co cant fire you.

For your case, are you more than 4 months pregnant when the co fired you?

jojoki

hi glam-mummy, i went through something similar as you. Are you a confirmed employee? How many months pregnant are you? If you are above 12 weeks and they dismiss you (and if you are a confirmed employee) they have to compensate you the maternity leave ( 4 mths basic pay). If your basic pay is above $1600, MOM cannot help. And lastly, dont bother fighting with your company, the legal fees will cost you a bomb and company always wins.

Try talking to your employers amicably and work out something. And lastly dont get too angry or bitter over it, its sooo important that you stay peaceful and positive and happy during your pregnancy. Congrats on ur lil blessing.

fern

ya..the legal fees will kill and not be worth it. however, if MOM cannot help, u may want to try MCYS

Ashbaby

Such employer should be reported on newspaper, Singapore will nvr have enough birth rate when such stupid company ard. They ought to be shot!!! :bmad:

Thanks guys for the advise.

I've spoken to MOM and the co is going to pay the 16 weeks maternity.

Just want to share, there is a different calculation on the amount from MOM with regards to the 16 weeks maternity payout.

varadidie

Hi Glam-Mummy. It must be hard on you.. take care yeah.. Such company is truly heartless.. Im glad you get back the 16 weeks compensation... :Dancing_wub:

wanderful

Alpha Male
Thanks guys for the advise.

I've spoken to MOM and the co is going to pay the 16 weeks maternity.

Just want to share, there is a different calculation on the amount from MOM with regards to the 16 weeks maternity payout.

good..not to worry coz the government is very concern about the low fertility. write a email the PMO office and cc to MOM if neccessary

Ottermum

Such employer should be reported on newspaper, Singapore will never have enough birth rate when such stupid company around. They ought to be shot!!! :bmad:
yup i totally agree! why does the Government encourage us to have babies but doesn't help much when we are jobless??

Hi all mummies

So far, I've seek the free legal consultations from the subordinate court.

They say I can fight for the termination compensation which the company has offered before the 16 weeks maternity compensation.

Now the company want to come out pattern for me. I think this time really bo bian, will go MOM again. If not I think I will have to go to MP and seek for help.

Cos now due to the sudden lost of income, my Hubby can't really cope with the housing loan. I'm below 21 and hdb say can't deduct my cpf for the housing loan. and hubby recently got a pay cut as well..

So we are kinda at a panick state. Cos I've been trying to look for a new job as well. As soon as they heard I'm pregnant, they say can't employ me.

crescent

glam_mummy, did u write to MOM when u are still in the company or not and how far are u into pregnancy? cos like u.. i was oso told to go on 25 jan... then on 1 mth notice.... i was 11wks then....

i call mom and ask them, they told me they cant do anything to get the company to pay the maternity leave if b4 the 3mth of pregnancy...

i am no longer in the company since 19 feb... can i still write to MOM?
how to write to them?

lonerjas

Poor thing,

i was terminated in yr 2008 while working in a new coy. That time MOM law for maternity compensation was diff. MIn gotta work 180days in coy den can case them. My black heart employer found out i preggy in Jan. Kept me to do sales till Mar last day den ask me leave on the spot cos they say don wan pay me maternity $$ ( FYI my basic was 2k then ) There was nothing i could fight. FYI my performance was not poor, i am a good sals person leh.

Lucky i found a good employer to take me in in end apr after finding JOBS otherwise i will have a hard time. Cos i just got new house, need reno need furniture alot burdens. And jobless can kill me... Praise the LORD