how to get soft smooth baby hair

joeyz

Hello mummies,

I would like to knw which brand of baby shampoo do u use on your bb? I'm using J&J bath foam or shampoo. Initially, when i used the baby shampoo on dear son hair, i noticed that his hair gets entangle and i've to resort to cutting bit of his hair off so i stopped using the shampoo and jus the bath foam but still the same thing happened again. argghhh.. and dun knw is it i am being sensitive, i find his hair not as smooth n silky as before. i hope i didnt ruin dear son hair. :-s

Phoebii Cheng

I am using kodomo bb shampoo for my son's hair, cos' I like the smell.....

For body foam I use J&J

Does the J&J shampoo make the hair coarse?

camom

I find J&J shampoo very drying. My kids either use Californa Baby or Healthy Times, depends on which one I get in bulk.

Try to comb a tiny bit of olive oil through bb's hair. Should help with the tangles.

Last edited:

diymummy

I also don't like J&J. My son got really bad dry rashes after using J&J Top to Toe.

It could also be that he has sensitive skin. Now I'm using SebaMed Baby.

joeyz

I am using kodomo baby shampoo for my son's hair, cos' I like the smell.....

For body foam I use J&J

Does the J&J shampoo make the hair coarse?
after using, i kinda noticed it seem to dry dear son skin.. not sure is it due to J&J but his knee cap area got those little blister coarse n rough feel.. sigh.. bought it cos it is the most economical but didnt knw the side effect. :-S

joeyz

I find J&J shampoo very drying. My kids either use Californa Baby or Healthy Times, depends on which one I get in bulk.

Try to comb a tiny bit of olive oil through baby's hair. Should help with the tangles.
hi camom mummy,

olive oil is those cooking olive oil or baby oil? pardon me for my ignorance

joeyz

i also noticed even after bathing dear son, after awhile when i smell dear son hair, dun hv baby smell, in fact got some foul smell. :(

can kodomo last thur the day or at least wont smell bad after baby sweat?

Ting

i was using kodomo since NB.. smell great~
now using pureen top to toe wash, not bad also..
J&J i dun like. tt time used the sample on her n she seem to feel itchy here n there after a times so i stopped.

camom

hi camom mummy,

olive oil is those cooking olive oil or baby oil? pardon me for my ignorance
I use Skin Food's olive oil essence meant for hair. The Ginvera one works as well. Just comb a teeny bit on the hair ends, don't massage into scalp.

lekdao

Hello mummies,

I would like to knw which brand of baby shampoo do you use on your baby? I'm using J&J bath foam or shampoo. Initially, when i used the baby shampoo on dear son hair, i noticed that his hair gets entangle and i've to resort to cutting bit of his hair off so i stopped using the shampoo and just the bath foam but still the same thing happened again. argghhh.. and dont knw is it i am being sensitive, i find his hair not as smooth n silky as before. i hope i didnt ruin dear son hair. :-s
This happens to my baby too, the hair is not as smooth n silky as before. If i am not wrong there is a layer of oil on their hair, after some wash it is totally washed off.
Which J&J r u using, head to toe wash? i a using Pureen Baby Head to Toe wash with Pro-Vitamin B5 and Vitamin E.

Last edited:

camom

I use Esemtan to bathe my kids. Been using it since my elder gal had bad heat rash in her babyhood. It's easily avail in pharmacies. So far the cheapest is from Unity when they have bundle offers.

Don't quite like Cetaphil, no smell. that's just me.

Last edited:

joeyz

How old is your baby? The foul smell could be from cradle cap. Does your baby have cradle cap?
no, dear son did not hv cradle cap. the smell is more like due to sweat n perspire resulted, i think maybe J&J aint good enough to last long. dear son often get v sticky twds evening time.

I am using the J&J bath foam (blue in color), it is not the top to toe kind.

Dear son is 18 wks old.

camom

no, dear son did not have cradle cap. the smell is more like due to sweat n perspire resulted, i think maybe J&J aint good enough to last long. dear son often get very sticky twds evening time.

I am using the J&J bath foam (blue in color), it is not the top to toe kind.

Dear son is 18 wks old.
I usually dress my kids in very thin, breathable clothes like singlets, sleeveless rompers n bodysuits. Easier for the pespiration to evaporate and more airy = less smell.

Having said this though, the weather this few weeks is extremely hot. No matter what, will still smell sweaty at the end of the day. Need another bath before sleeping.

cui_er

I'm using pigeon brand shampoo. It's good in the sense it's self-foaming, so very mild, easy to wash off and won't leave residue. But got no smell... Leaves baby hair quite soft though. :)

Am also interested to know which shampoo will let baby have softer and smoother hair. :)

jasobias

me using the himalayan baby shampoo.I love the smell.Just wish they had more pdts.My baby hair is really soft.I think johnsons baby the yellow one can be quite drying.

Foxtrot

I used to use J&J the blue color one but found it quite drying. then i switched to Kodomo baby bath and also Kodomo shampoo. Smells good but my dear son still get dry skin (can see some peeling at the ankles and elbows and behind the ears).

So now i'm using Buds Baby products and there's no more peeling! So happy to have found it! And somemore my dear son like to splash around in the tub, so last time i'm always abit hesitant to let him stay for long as i feel every min his skin is getting drying. Now i just let him play till the water feels a bit cold then i towel him dry. He's so happy every time he bathe.

I use the Buds Baby Shampoo, and Super Soothing Hydrating Cleanser (bath) and after that the Super soothing Rescue Lotion. All smell great and their products all organic. Last time he used to get red and peeling skin under one side of his armpits. Think maybe he's got a bit eczema. but now its gone. Hair also softer. i got mine from www.shinorganic.com cos shipping is free. very convenient!