baby's passport

baby_elmo

any one know when can babies have their own passport and how much?? :we3goofy:any restrictions like only parents then can take them oversea?

Phoebii Cheng

Making passport is S$70 dollars if you do it online or drop the form, and S$80 if you go down personally to do at ICA

As for how young bb can do passport I guess if you really need to bring ur bb overseas, I guess you can

And I think once your bb has a passport anyone can bring them overseas....cos' PP is a form of identification

diymummy

You can log on to ICA website and it has details there.

Now no longer allow babies to tag on to parent's passport. Each individual must have their own passport.

You also have to take a picture for your baby.

I took a digital photo for my baby and uploaded it when I applied for his passport online at 4mths.

Ting

iirc, babies can only travel after they turn 6 weeks? (or 8 weeks..?) dun rmb, gotta check.
PP is same price as everybody, u can take a pic n email to them when u apply the PP online.

baby_elmo

thank you so much for the above info.

:Dancing_wub:

hee hee... thought of making her a passport so that we can take her to m'sia for shopping and food over the weekend. but do they need to update photo when they get older? how old?

:shyxxx:troublesome rite? hate going over to ICA b'cos we have to wait for hours & always don't have sufficient parking lot.

apollo

thank you so much for the above info.

:Dancing_wub:

hee hee... thought of making her a passport so that we can take her to m'sia for shopping and food over the weekend. but do they need to update photo when they get older? how old?

:shyxxx:troublesome rite? hate going over to ICA b'cos we have to wait for hours & always dont't have sufficient parking lot.
babe, if u make an appt thru their web, waiting time is less than 5min! we made appt thru their web, when we reached there, get the no, within 3min, our num was called!

as for updating new photos depend on the custom ppl.. if they feel they ur bb and the photo doesnt look v alike den they might ask u to change...

baby_elmo

babe, if you make an appt thru their web, waiting time is less than 5min! we made appt thru their web, when we reached there, get the no, within 3min, our num was called!

as for updating new photos depend on the custom ppl.. if they feel they your baby and the photo doesnt look very alike then they might ask you to change...
:red:hi apollo, thanks for sharing the info. Will try to get ready my gal pics and apply online. lol.... no more restriction to malaysia weekend family dinner due to having a baby.

diymummy

Yes agree with Apollo. When they inform you that passport is ready to be collected, MUST make an appt before going, then waiting time is short.

I collected my son's passport within 10 min when I went down.

General99all

You can log on to ICA website and it has details there.

Now no longer allow babies to tag on to parent's passport. Each individual must have their own passport.

You also have to take a picture for your baby.

I took a digital photo for my baby and uploaded it when I applied for his passport online at 4mths.
Hi Dear diymummy,
Upon collection of passport do you need to bring the baby to ICA?

Thks,
General99all

Oppsgal

Do the passport nearer the date of travelling, so photo of baby won't change too much. Maybe can do around 4 weeks before the date to travel.