Where to buy doppler in singapore?

Hihi! Anyone knows where to buy a reasonably priced doppler( baby heartbeat detector) in singapore? Saw a few online on ebay but quite skeptical bout it =p im in my 10th wk now so not sure if can hear anythg yet? Heard its not easy to hear baby's heartbeat with it too.:err:

mrs_eg

Hihi! Anyone knows where to buy a reasonably priced doppler( baby heartbeat detector) in singapore? Saw a few online on ebay but quite skeptical bout it =p im in my 10th wk now so not sure if can hear anythg yet? Heard its not easy to hear baby's heartbeat with it too.:err:

wah buy doppler ah... no cheap right?? maybe some mothers have it... why dun u try advertising in the "WANT TO BUY" forum in mummysg?

ilovemilk

I saw this machine that you can use to listen to your baby's heartbeat and hiccups, and even record the sounds and email it. Robinsons and Mothercare are selling it. I'm not sure how it works or whether it even works, but you might like to check it out. Costs about $100+.

wah buy doppler ... no cheap right?? maybe some mothers have it... why dont you try advertising in the "WANT TO BUY" forum in mummysg?

hmm not sure lei... but like wat 'ilovemilk' mummy mentioned, think around $100+. my hubby said he's scared of me saying ' i dun feel anything liao' then gotta always request for dr to scan for me , muz pay up to $100 each time go for scanning so he may as well buy a doppler for me hahaa wheeee:wong29:

mrs_eg

hmm not sure lei... but like what 'ilovemilk' mummy mentioned, think around $100+. my hubby said he's scared of me saying ' i dont feel anything ' then gotta always request for dr to scan for me , must pay up to $100 each time go for scanning so he may as well buy a doppler for me hahaa wheeee:wong29:
during ur gynae check up, u shld be doing ultrasound scan right? shld be able to see your baby's heart pumping (looks like blinking frm the screen)... then dun need to spend to do a doppler thing...

unless u wana check at home everyday la... but I read somewhere that doppler bought off shelf may not be very effective... may not be sensitive enuf to hear baby's heartbeat, scared pregnant mothers get paranoid...

so anyway... up to u also la... the doppler thingy sounds fun anyway... :)

Hey I accidentally came across this doppler
Summer Infant-Prenatal Heart Listening system
Thanks For the info mrs_eg!! In fact I just bought one Doppler today!! Wheeee ! It's Luvion Doppler from Netherlands I think. Bought from an ang mo guy based locally. Quite a reputable company I think. Only bout 11 weeks now but I managed to hear my baby's heartbeat!! So happy!!Keke....at least now I can focus more on taking care of myself n baby instead of worrying all the time=))

yeah!!

mrs_eg

Thanks For the info mrs_eg!! In fact I just bought one Doppler today!! Wheeee ! It's Luvion Doppler from Netherlands I think. Bought from an ang mo guy based locally. Quite a reputable company I think. Only bout 11 weeks now but I managed to hear my baby's heartbeat!! So happy!!Keke....at least now I can focus more on taking care of myself n baby instead of worrying all the time=))

yeah!!
Wah... So cool... How was it?? Baby's heartbeat shld b abt twice of ours... Isit true?

Wah... So cool... How was it?? Baby's heartbeat shld b about twice of ours... Isit true?
Ya it took me bout 5mins to find it! Only located my own heartbeat by the sides at first then I moved it a little at a time n could hear my baby!!it was really fast , I took it's heartrate for 6 secs then times 10. It came up to bout 170 keke... So yup bout twice my heartbeat too! Amazing!

Like I previously mentioned to u, duno y my tummy hasn't show yet, in fact it's flatter now, really got me worrying! Haha so have to buy Doppler to ease my mind! Pheww... Going for Oscar test soon 12more days!!

kittymeowmeow

oh u know what pinkmummy, i googled the brand, found it & ordered it as well, hahahha! ok can't wait to listen to the heartbeat for continuous assurance.. heehee

hey pinkmummy! how much did you purchase it for? hahah i feel like buying one too hahahah. how did you get his contact?
Hi kittymeowmeow! I bought it at S$138, considered pretty cheap coz i saw it at really high prices elsewhere! But JUST IN CASE, u dont hear any heartbeat yet, pls do not be too disturbed by it. coz i tried it the moment i bought it and i heard baby's heartbeat twice at 10 weeks, quite easy to detect too. However just last week, i tried again thrice and couldnt hear a thing, totally freaked out, went for a scan but saw baby kicking and waving at me!!:Dancing_wub:

I read online, though dopplers are safe, but try to restrict yourself to use it only bout twice per week. Dont get too carried away ya!! hahaa good luck to u! Do update us!!:tlaugh:

kittymeowmeow

cool!!! hw many wks are you now? i heard the heartbeat when i was 6wks. i'll be 11wks next wk.. and my nxt appt is up too.. hopefully my bb is doing fine too.

such assurance when u see ur bb kicking and waving right.. awww i can't wait for my appt.

oh yes, the one i bought is also $138, shd be from the same company.. ok will take note of your advice.

cool!!! hw many wks are you now? i heard the heartbeat when i was 6wks. i'll be 11wks next wk.. and my nxt appt is up too.. hopefully my baby is doing fine too.

such assurance when you see your baby kicking and waving right.. awww i can't wait for my appt.

oh yes, the one i bought is also $138, should be from the same company.. ok will take note of your advice.

im 11 weeks plus going 12 next week! Going for the OSCAR scan soon! so exciteed!Good luck to us:red:

I ve stopped using my doppler coz dun wanna scare myself first. wait till after the scan when baby is bigger. keke...

kittymeowmeow

pinkymummy, i think we are about the same! i just went for my appt ystrd.. n baby is stable now =D i just rcvd my doppler.. will try it when i feel like it heheheh

Wats an Oscar scan? Btw, that doppler can it record the heartbeat on a disk or something?
Oh I think u can actually connect the doppler to your laptop and u can record the sound from it. But usually I will take the heartbeat for 6secs n multiply it by ten=). Oscar is the down syndrome test for baby! It's optional but it helps ease my extra worries!

kittymeowmeow

Oh I think you can actually connect the doppler to your laptop and you can record the sound from it. But usually I will take the heartbeat for 6secs n multiply it by ten=). Oscar is the down syndrome test for baby! It's optional but it helps ease my extra worries!
Pinkymummy, can u explain how to read the heart rate? I heard my baby's heartbeat.. but I do not know how to read the heart rate hahaha. I have yet to read the manual book in detailed. heehee

Pinkymummy, can you explain how to read the heart rate? I heard my baby's heartbeat.. but I do not know how to read the heart rate hahaha. I have yet to read the manual book in detailed. heehee
Hmm I used a stopwatch and count baby heartbeat for only 6secs , then I multiply it by 10 to get the rate per min. But muz focus la hehe.. Coz heartbeat quite fast so the moment u start the stopwatch, u gotta start counting hahaa mine is always around 160-180 =)