Thermal food jar

apollo

Hi,

Can anyone advise which brand is better? Thermos (Foogo range) or Tiger brand?
i'm currently using Thermos Foogo for ds, i think is very good. not bulky at all. but only able to contain 1 meal. if u are going out for long hrs, not suitable. but i think 1 meal shd be enough bahh. haha..

and i actually tried b4, puting some porridge into foogo at ard 11-12pm and at ard 9-10pm, it is still VERY warm. i cant say it is still HOT but at least VERY warm, cos i opened many times to check. LOL! and the VERY warm is just nice for bb to eat =)

apollo

apollo you mean putting inside for more than 10hrs still very warm????
YES!!! and in btwn, i open 2-3x, to check the temp. but of cos aft 10 hrs, no more hot 'smoke' coming out aft 8-10hrs lahh.. but it is still warm enough for bb to eat, dun nd to let it cool haha.. i once brought it out, ard 3-4 hrs later let ds eat, and when i opened the cover, got SMOKE loooo! den my fren said so good, she also go n buy haha :tlaugh:

apollo

oh btw, must pour the porridge immediately into the food jab right aft u cooked the porridge. usually b4 i use the food jar, i will pour some HOT water into it for ard 5min b4 pouring hot porridge in, so the porridge hotness can tahan longer =)

diymummy

I'm currently using Tiger. I think it's good keeping the food warm. For it to last even longer, before you put the porridge in, pour hot water into the flask abt 1/4 full, close the jug and let it stand for 5-10min. After that pour away the water and put in your porridge.

I've been using my Tiger jar for months. Since initially I pack porridge at 7am for my boy to eat at infant care at 12pm. It's still HOT when the teachers feed it to my boy.

The downside of it is I think the casing is not very tight? I find that after I wash the jar there seems to be some water stuck inside.. Coz when I shake the jar, I can hear water sound. The whole jar is dry but I can still hear water sound coming from inside and if I shake hard enough, water will come out.

camom

I used the Thermos Foogo food jar when I brought porridge. Later I switched to using the Tiger & elephant brand bento sets cos I bring rice, soup & dishes out for my son. The foodjar is definitely better at keeping food warm longer than the bento sets.

Gumi

i'm currently using Thermos Foogo for dear son, i think is very good. not bulky at all. but only able to contain 1 meal. if you are going out for long hours, not suitable. but i think 1 meal should be enough bahh. haha..

and i actually tried before, puting some porridge into foogo at around 11-12pm and at around 9-10pm, it is still VERY warm. i cant say it is still HOT but at least VERY warm, cos i opened many times to check. LOL! and the VERY warm is just nice for baby to eat =)
Hi apollo
Can I know where you bought your Thermos Foogo food jar from and how much is it? TIA.

apollo

Hi apollo
Can I know where you bought your Thermos Foogo food jar from and how much is it? TIA.
i bought from OG near Bugis. not alot of places sells it i think. my fren got it from Mustafa. anw the usual price it is selling at OG is $50 but I boguht it at their storewide 20%, my fren bought it at $46 at mustafa =)

diymummy

Hi apollo
There's a bulk purchase now on Singapore Motherhood website for Thermos Food Jars. You might want to check it out and compare prices.

the food jar looks kinda tiny.. =X

is it true?
Food jars has different ML. For Tiger, it only has 0.7lit and 0.9lit. I bought the 0.7lit. Easier to scoop out. 0.9lit too deep, my hand not small enough to go in so need long spoon. LOL.

thepinkdot

There's a bulk purchase now on Singapore Motherhood website for Thermos Food Jars. You might want to check it out and compare prices.

Food jars has different ML. For Tiger, it only has 0.7lit and 0.9lit. I bought the 0.7lit. Easier to scoop out. 0.9lit too deep, my hand not small enough to go in so need long spoon. LOL.
actually i was thinking to get for my god-dotter. =X her mummy looking for food jar for her.. but since the mummy thinks must be big enough for next time the twins, so i must find one can fulfill both.

but hor, i scared the mummy thinks the food jar too big troublesome to bring out?!?!?!

apollo

actually i was thinking to get for my god-dotter. =X her mummy looking for food jar for her.. but since the mummy thinks must be big enough for next time the twins, so i must find one can fulfill both.

but , i scared the mummy thinks the food jar too big troublesome to bring out?!?!?!
dearie, actu Thermos brand got a type is simple design deee, but got bigger deee, and the BIG i meant is higher but not bulky. it is as good as foogo. foogo is ex becos of the design and so-called BPA free only =)

Gumi

Hi diymummy
Ya, i saw something abt the bulk purchase from there this morning. I think I would need to go and see the physical item from departmental store first b4 I know what I want.
Actually Im quite undecisive between Tiger and Thermos Foogo cos i aso like the Tiger brand...got to do homework on these 2 brands first.
Anyway, thanks for the above information ;)

diymummy

but , i scared the mummy thinks the food jar too big troublesome to bring out?!?!?!
My Tiger one comes with a bag you can sling on your shoulders. So not that bad. It also comes with a spoon.

I think the 0.9L will be enough for twins. Now Ethan using the 0.7L for his lunches. Only fill up half way.

I think Isetan and OG carry both brands. You can go down look see look see.

thepinkdot

My Tiger one comes with a bag you can sling on your shoulders. So not that bad. It also comes with a spoon.

I think the 0.9L will be enough for twins. Now Ethan using the 0.7L for his lunches. Only fill up half way.

I think Isetan and OG carry both brands. You can go down look see look see.
ok! i will go isetan and look look see see.. not keen on going far these days.

diymummy

Hi diymummy
Ya, i saw something about the bulk purchase from there this morning. I think I would need to go and see the physical item from departmental store first before I know what I want.
Actually Im quite undecisive between Tiger and Thermos Foogo cos i aso like the Tiger brand...got to do homework on these 2 brands first.
Anyway, thanks for the above information ;)
No prob!

You can also try out ebay to look for Tiger Food Jars. I've seen people selling them there before. Or you can wait for Taka sales where the Jars go for way cheaper than what you can get now. Plus those they give you a free Tiger thermos flask for water. Or if you have Isetan card, you can wait for their private sales. The last private Isetan sale, the Tiger 0.7L food jar was only going for $39.90 and the usual price is $69.90 or $59.90!!

Last edited:

diymummy

ok! i will go isetan and look look see see.. not keen on going far these days.
You'll have a better bet at Isetan Scotts though. I bought the last Tiger Food Jar from Isetan Parkway the other time :x

The one at Tampines Mall.. only selected brands coz I think the branch there quite small. :x

thepinkdot

You'll have a better bet at Isetan Scotts though. I bought the last Tiger Food Jar from Isetan Parkway the other time :x

The one at Tampines Mall.. only selected brands coz I think the branch there quite small. :x
all the way to orchard! that one must wait till i go for dentist visit next week! LOL~