baby walker question

hi all..

from how many months can baby use walker??

can advise me where to get baby walker at best price?? not looking at high end brands.. don't mind lucky baby or mamalove brands..

thanks

apollo

hi all..

from how many months can baby use walker??

can advise me where to get baby walker at best price?? not looking at high end brands.. dont't mind lucky baby or mamalove brands..

thanks
babe, the reco age i think shd be at least 7-8mths old. hw ever if ur bb is 6mth old and u feel he is okay with it, den can try. but dun let bb sit in it for too long. usually we let ds sit inside for 10min at 1st den slowly increase to 20min, for mayb 3-4x per day, when we're having meals and he sit in the walker beside us.

he used to hav a latido walker, v cheap but i feel tt it's not safe. honestly speaking, i think u shd let ur bb try on the walker b4 buying and think of the pros n cons instead of choosing a cheaper one . i suggest u to get a 'heavy' one. cos ds tend to bang everywheree and the latido ones nearly tripped him over! so we bought him a MAMALOVE one, $89 at kiddy palace but very good, cos it is much more heavier den Latido so it wont trip ds over at all. =)

shopaholic

Kiddy Palace has a good range. I like to go there for baby equipments because of the variety I can find there. Otherwise, you can always try major departmental stores like Metro and Robinsons.

I started to put my kids in walker when they were about 6 months old. I didnt hv any preference for brands because my walkers were all handed down to me by relatives.

bibiluvr

hi,
i oso started letting bb to usewalker when she's ard 6 months.. but my mil said she started late coz my hubby's nieces (who are being taken care of by her) started when they were 4 months old... but the seat was stuffed with pillow to prevent them from rolling here n there....

i oso thought heavier walkers r better but mil said if too heavy, baby can't move easily oso.. kekeke.. oso has a point la.. my bb loves to be in it though.. but they always say must make sure their feet must be flat on the ground (to check for the suitable height)..;)

i oso got my walker from other ppl.. but heard my sis in law got it from kiddy palace as well..

jasobias

me too started bbay at abt 3 plus months in walker propped up with a pillow..she is quite chubby so fits in quite fine.
At 7 months plus she stopped being in it as she cld hold on to things n cruise ard on her own n crawl.
In my opinion abt 4-5 months cld be a gd time to start so baby gets a feel of walking.Once they r able to crawl n cruise there is no need to be in the walker as it wld defeat its purpose.

raeka

My boy sit on the walker when he was 5.5 months.. stuff a lot of pillow to protect haha.. firstly only sat for 5 min or less.. then slowly increase .

ya kiddy palace got sell .. alot of choice.. if possible wait till got 20% off will be cheaper but not expensive arh..

Feliz

Edlycia started sitting walker at 4months.. I tot wanna try try at first but she suprise me by walking backwards and she could hold her body/head well so i jus let her sit.. but not too long.. When i see her tired, i will get her out..

jasobias

Edlycia started sitting walker at 4months.. I thought wanna try try at first but she suprise me by walking backwards and she could hold her body/head well so i just let her sit.. but not too long.. When i see her tired, i will get her out..
ahah.ya they all tend to walk backwards first..very funny to see tht..pity i didnt video it..u shld!!

thanks so much mommies for the replies!!! i felt better knowing some of the babies mentioned above started at 3-4months.. cos i kept telling my mom my boy is not ready yet but she insisted since my boy's neck is strong and he's been showing signs of 'want to stand up' since 2-3weeks ago she suggested to me to get him a walker.

shall check out kiddy palace for the walker soon :)