Delphin vacuum cleaner costing $3400

hope seow

hello mummies, has anyone bought the above vacuum?
Hi pkshl, the promo lady came to my place n show me all good things about the vacuum.. I'm very convinced and really felt like buying.. However, i find it abit big to store. She insisted that since i have maids, will be good to buy so they can help to clean the mattress etc very often..

I still didn't buy cos find it abit costly even though can pay installment although i think it's a good vacuum.. didn't buy also because dun want it to become a white elephant.. :)

pkshl

Hi pkshl, the promo lady came to my place n show me all good things about the vacuum.. I'm very convinced and really felt like buying.. However, i find it abit big to store. She insisted that since i have maids, will be good to buy so they can help to clean the mattress etc very often..

I still didn't buy cos find it abit costly even though can pay installment although i think it's a good vacuum.. didn't buy also because dont want it to become a white elephant.. :)
Hi hope, the promo lady also came my place to demo this vacuum. Unfortunately she has attitude problem & when my hb told her its too expensive & we do not want to buy, immediately she change to black face & said we are selfish, not thinking abt our baby's health etc. ya, she said pay $95monthly for 3years using credit card. my hb told her straight we dun ve credit card. she was not convinced & kept pestering me to buy. endup i told her its abit costly but i seldom use later become white elephant. luckily she changed her tone & packed up & go off. but i still thank her for coming to do the demo despite the pushy selling.:embarrassed:

diymummy

I think this is part of an MLM.

I had a Rainbow guy coming to our place to do demo. The vacuum also $3k+. We didn't get it. We didn't feel there was a need to get such an expensive vacuum.

Imagine after 3 years of instalment, there are prob newer technologies which could get you interested.

It also depends what you like abt the vacuum. I think investing in a Karcher would prob fulfill most of your needs than buying this one that the lady promoted. You can get Karcher from places like Harvey Norman, Best Denki or Courts. Karcher vacuums also probably wouldn't cost up to $3k. Even an OSIM steam vacuum is also less than $1k if you really like the dustbag free function.

Right now I own 2 vacuums. One is a normal Philips vacuum and one is Raycop, a dustmite vacuum. Both I spent less than $1k on over a period of 4 years.

pkshl

I think this is part of an MLM.

I had a Rainbow guy coming to our place to do demo. The vacuum also $3k+. We didn't get it. We didn't feel there was a need to get such an expensive vacuum.

Imagine after 3 years of instalment, there are prob newer technologies which could get you interested.

It also depends what you like about the vacuum. I think investing in a Karcher would prob fulfill most of your needs than buying this one that the lady promoted. You can get Karcher from places like Harvey Norman, Best Denki or Courts. Karcher vacuums also probably wouldn't cost up to $3k. Even an OSIM steam vacuum is also less than $1k if you really like the dustbag free function.

Right now I own 2 vacuums. One is a normal Philips vacuum and one is Raycop, a dustmite vacuum. Both I spent less than $1k on over a period of 4 years.
Hi diymummy, can share where did u purchase the Raycop dustmite vacuum? how much does it cost?

diymummy

My hubby bought from Best Denki. If I recall correctly, it's abt $400+, less than $500.

The suction is not super duper strong kind. But when I used it the first time, I can see the filter became choked up liaoo... I need to clear out the filter before using it again.

I also saw it selling at Robinsons.

pkshl

My hubby bought from Best Denki. If I recall correctly, it's about $400+, less than $500.

The suction is not super duper strong kind. But when I used it the first time, I can see the filter became choked up liaoo... I need to clear out the filter before using it again.

I also saw it selling at Robinsons.
is it good, as stated on their web, can kill dust mites?

what u tink after using?

diymummy

I can't see the dustmites... And I'm suspecting that my son is allergic to them. After using, he did fall sick less... So I guess it's helping?

I also use it on my sofa coz it's not leather. My sofa smells better after I use the vacuum on it.

hope seow

Hi hope, the promo lady also came my place to demo this vacuum. Unfortunately she has attitude problem & when my husband told her its too expensive & we do not want to buy, immediately she change to black face & said we are selfish, not thinking about our baby's health etc. ya, she said pay $95monthly for 3years using credit card. my husband told her straight we dont ve credit card. she was not convinced & kept pestering me to buy. endup i told her its abit costly but i seldom use later become white elephant. luckily she changed her tone & packed up & go off. but i still thank her for coming to do the demo despite the pushy selling.:embarrassed:
Haha, i think they all behaved the same way.. get upset immediately we said too ex and not keen.. My hubby didnt even bother to hear what she's showing, he just sat in front of the tv watching his show.

i guess you got the lady from the recent suntec education exhibition??

interestingly, when she was doing the demo, she said delphin was the best compared to rainbow.. way above them in terms of technology. After the demo, i told her that my budget only 1k so dont mind a second hand if she has.. Then she recommended me a delphin 2nd hand at almost 2k which i rejected. She then said a friend of her actually want to sell her 2nd hand rainbow at 1.2k, very gd etc..

i questioned her why just now she said rainbow not gd then now said better than delphin, as usual, she went on talking n talking but my ears were totally shut..

Guess she is just not too honest. i actually dont doubt the product but just too costly for me, rather spend on holidays or on my kids enrichment classes cos dust mite will never stop producing :))

SH74

an auntie did for mine too, tell me this how good, that how good. say until my house like damn dirty like dat. said d equipment can make d air like hospital clean. esp v gd for kids.

dat made me wonder, if i make my house so clean like hospital den my boy next time go army, how? sure die lor. sure'll become sissy. abit dirty or dusty den fall sick or start screaming as if part of him kena makan. dun say go army, go out to public places, also jialat. can only alw go hospital walk walk cos he's used to dat kind of air n environment. HAHAHA...

pkshl

Haha, i think they all behaved the same way.. get upset immediately we said too ex and not keen.. My hubby didnt even bother to hear what she's showing, he just sat in front of the tv watching his show.

i guess you got the lady from the recent suntec education exhibition??

interestingly, when she was doing the demo, she said delphin was the best compared to rainbow.. way above them in terms of technology. After the demo, i told her that my budget only 1k so dont mind a second hand if she has.. Then she recommended me a delphin 2nd hand at almost 2k which i rejected. She then said a friend of her actually want to sell her 2nd hand rainbow at 1.2k, very good etc..

i questioned her why just now she said rainbow not good then now said better than delphin, as usual, she went on talking n talking but my ears were totally shut..

Guess she is just not too honest. i actually dont doubt the product but just too costly for me, rather spend on holidays or on my kids enrichment classes cos dust mite will never stop producing :))
i was at united square with my mum & this guy came up to me, well, you know the rest...

an auntie did for mine too, tell me this how good, that how good. say until my house like damn dirty like dat. said d equipment can make d air like hospital clean. esp very good for kids.

dat made me wonder, if i make my house so clean like hospital then my boy next time go army, how? sure die . sure'll become sissy. abit dirty or dusty then fall sick or start screaming as if part of him kena makan. dont say go army, go out to public places, also jialat. can only alw go hospital walk walk cos he's used to dat kind of air n environment. HAHAHA...
after that aunty left, that was exactly what my husband said. he even told me his colleague bought a vacuum, vacuum whole house until very clean but end up when his child goes outside abit only sick.

christine77sg

I m one of those rare ones who bought the 3k+ vaccum. Using it for abt 2 yrs nw. Till nw, no regrets.

After almost 2 yrs of using it, personally I like it for the following reasons.
- unlike conventional vaccum cleaner, while vaccuming, it give off vry nice smell.
- no hot air passed out
- the noise is nt as irritating as conventional vaccum
- easy to navigate ard the house, despite its size.
- makes my sofa smells gd even after my dog repeatedly licked the sofa fabrics.

cutie79

hello mummies, has anyone bought the above vacuum?
Hi pkshl,

The vacuum cleaner is good,maybe it is abit costly but worth it. if you dont mind to have a second hand n is in good working condtions i think it is worth to grab the offer. U get the same good machine at a cheaper price, why not.

Thanks.

stonston

Be it Delphin or Rainbow, it's their price & sales tactic that puts alot of ppl off.

Honestly, I grew up with a Rainbow and did not know about their sales tactics.
It served my family well. We used it for 22 years before upgrading to a newer model (got discount cos can trade in the old set).

Price wise is too exp for me, so I did not buy it. I borrow my mum's set once a week, sometimes once a fortnight when we are busy.

If you can afford it, or can find a 2nd hand set, it's a good investment.
If you cant afford it (like me), can try borrowing or just get a cheaper alternative till you have more spare cash :)

tigerprincess

Dear all

We are first-time parents and after receiving a trial from Delphin and seeing how dirty an otherwise clean looking mattress is, we decided to purchase it for the benefit of our little one.

As we understand that the machine is not cheap, we are offering a cleaning service to parents who would also wanna benefit from this machine at afforadable prices. We do not represent the vacuum cleaner company (hence, we would not hard-sell the expensive machine) nor do we hard-sell cleaning packages - just give us a call for a cleaning appointment - as simple as that.

Our pricing is as follows:
- 1st mattress (any size): S$38
- subsequent item (can be mattress/sofa/carpet): S$10
- pillow cleaning is thrown in FOC
There is no hidden costs nor transportation charges

Call Mr Ong now at 81166707 for appointments. :Dancing_wub:

~ dont't risk the health of your loved ones - allergen management is better than cure~

reon

Do not buy a dolphin vacuum cleaner. the salesperson is very persuasive but the after sales service is really very horrible.
All the stuff that is promised is not being fulfilled and after complaining to the main office, they took a long time to get back and thereafter disappeared after promising to give whatever the salesperson offered.
Months after being promised stuff not delivered by the main office, despite calling a few times and them promising to get the right guy to call back, I am still waiting for a call...
DO NOT BUY A DELPHIN VACUUM CLEANER. Such a service for such an expensive machine is definitely NOT WORTH IT!!!
If you need more evidence of bad service, can refer to this site that I found online. I'm not sure of the validity of the content because I'm not involved but at least I believe them because of my personal encounter.
Bad Service « Jazz's Blog

Seema

Hey was just checking out this forum and thought I'd give some of my own opinions. The other day i was refered by one of my delphin friend who upgraded to a Kirby World Class home care system from the USA. It was amazing as it extracts the dust mites and its also able to dry mop the floor and shampoo the carpet without using any hose and they mentioned that its developed with the Help of the NASA Space technology. Using a high frequency vibration to remove the dust mites using electrostatic filtration. And they were really professionals do take a look before deciding on anything..

wyk

Do not buy a dolphin vacuum cleaner. the salesperson is very persuasive but the after sales service is really very horrible.
All the stuff that is promised is not being fulfilled and after complaining to the main office, they took a long time to get back and thereafter disappeared after promising to give whatever the salesperson offered.
Months after being promised stuff not delivered by the main office, despite calling a few times and them promising to get the right guy to call back, I am still waiting for a call...
DO NOT BUY A DELPHIN VACUUM CLEANER. Such a service for such an expensive machine is definitely NOT WORTH IT!!!
If you need more evidence of bad service, can refer to this site that I found online. I'm not sure of the validity of the content because I'm not involved but at least I believe them because of my personal encounter.
Bad Service « Jazz's Blog
Totally agree with you. Delphin Singapore after sales support sucks.
There is no Service Level Agreement. They are not responsive to your problems. I have a leak in my hose but they will just give you empty promises and sweet talks but no one came to replace the unit.
Zen from the company even said that the company will charge transportation fee after 1 year even though its stated clearly in the warranty card that during the period of 3 +7 years warranty, it covers delivery.
I am going to CASE to see how they can help me and hopefully can get a full refund.

wyk

DELPHIN Singapore provides very disappointing after sales support.

Bought a unit in Sep12 for 3424 and till todate, they have not delivered all the items as promised.
The unit is noisy and suction is weak. Later found out that the hose leaks.When I called their customer support last week, they said they will call me yesterday. But no one called (as usual). They are totally irresponsible and not responsive to warranty repairs or replacement.

They promise you lots of things like 10 years and written clearly it covers free delivery. But now they want to charge delivery. They do not honour their terms written in their warranty cards.

I have a very bad experience with Delphin Singapore and hope that my post here will help you with a more informed decision when comes to buying Delphin products.
As for me, I will bring up to CASE and hope that they could help me resolve this problem.

wyk

I m one of those rare ones who bought the 3k+ vaccum. Using it for abt 2 yrs nw. Till nw, no regrets.

After almost 2 yrs of using it, personally I like it for the following reasons.
- unlike conventional vaccum cleaner, while vaccuming, it give off vry nice smell.
- no hot air passed out
- the noise is nt as irritating as conventional vaccum
- easy to navigate ard the house, despite its size.
- makes my sofa smells gd even after my dog repeatedly licked the sofa fabrics.
Glad you like it. But not many are as fortunate as you and like myself, regret buying it.
When your cleaner fails and need the warranty repair, I am not too sure if you will give the same positive feedback on Delphin. Their after sales support is one of the worst I have encountered.