duphaston

aIDa81

I took it when I bleed during the 1st trimester and when I fell, gynae will inform u when to stop, not told abt the side effects. i think its quite good , when I accidentally fell, somehow or rather it helps.. dun worry mommy!!

surin

I am taking Duphaston too, i am 5 weeks pregnant via IUI so the Drs put me on Duphaston from the day my pregnancy was confirmed. what are the side effects? i have been taking it for past 2 weeks and i do urinate frequently, stomach is so bloated and gag in the mornings when i am brushing teeth.

PinkDiamonds

I had some spotting during my 1st trimester and was prescribed this. This is actually hormones pills that help to stabilize the womb for the pregnancy. The only side effect I know of is nausea due to the surge in progesterone that is responsible. I do believe that the gynae will prescribe medicine only if the benefits outweigh the risks. In first trimester the objective will be to preserve the pregnancy.

Now in my 2nd trimester I'm told by my gynae that I don't have to take it anymore.

fr0ufr0um0mmy

My gynae just prescribed this to me even though i had no spotting or previous medical history... Gynae says to help support the pregnancy. I'm a bit worried to take as my sis-in-law had bad reaction to it - start vomitting very badly after starting the meds..

Anyone experienecd this?

apollo

My gynae just prescribed this to me even though i had no spotting or previous medical history... Gynae says to help support the pregnancy. I'm a bit worried to take as my sis-in-law had bad reaction to it - start vomitting very badly after starting the meds..

Anyone experienecd this?
i took during my preg cos MC b4. and during the preg, yes my MS was VERY serious until i have to go for drips, injections, insert bullets to curb the MS. injections n drips for 2 days while the insert bullet medi for 10 days. MS lasts for 5.5 mths. and gynae said partly due to duphaston but MS still did not 'calm down' aft i stopped taking it ard 12weeks preg.

lik wat pinkdiamonds mentioned, it's more for hormones. and when the hormonse is high, it will 'protect' the baby and since pregnancy hormose is high, the MS will get more serious IMO =)

I am taking Duphaston too, i am 5 weeks pregnant via IUI so the Drs put me on Duphaston from the day my pregnancy was confirmed. what are the side effects? i have been taking it for past 2 weeks and i do urinate frequently, stomach is so bloated and gag in the mornings when i am brushing teeth.
I was told that the side effects include nausea, bloatedness and headaches.

I took this when I was carrying my 1st and 2nd child because of 2 MCs prior to that. For the 1st one, I experienced all 3 side effects. But then again, nausea could also be due to morning sickness which most of the time, don't happen in the morning.

For my 2nd child, I only experienced headaches and bloatedness. All these went away after gynae stopped the medication.

fr0ufr0um0mmy

i took during my preg cos MC before. and during the preg, yes my MS was VERY serious until i have to go for drips, injections, insert bullets to curb the MS. injections n drips for 2 days while the insert bullet medi for 10 days. MS lasts for 5.5 mths. and gynae said partly due to duphaston but MS still did not 'calm down' after i stopped taking it around 12weeks preg.

lik what pinkdiamonds mentioned, it's more for hormones. and when the hormonse is high, it will 'protect' the baby and since pregnancy hormose is high, the MS will get more serious IMO =)

Thanks for your reply :)

I'm still thinking if i should eat or not... My sis-in law's MS also very bad like you said, till hospitalised twice for drip and all. And lasted all the way till she was 7-8 months along! I saw what she went through so now a bit scared since i'm not really experiencing MS, only nausea, bloated, light headed.

Gynae says that my pregnancy is normal and so far so good *touch wood* so still wondering why he subscribed the meds to me..hmmm

apollo

I'm still thinking if i should eat or not... My sis-in law's MS also very bad like you said, till hospitalised twice for drip and all. And lasted all the way till she was 7-8 months along! I saw what she went through so now a bit scared since i'm not really experiencing MS, only nausea, bloated, light headed.

Gynae says that my pregnancy is normal and so far so good *touch wood* so still wondering why he subscribed the meds to me..hmmm
y not u ask ur gynae y he prescribe this to u since ur preggy journey is okay so far?

actu i feel tt it could vary.. cos some ppl might not encounter the side effects =)

PinkDiamonds

May I ask how old r u? I think age might also be a factor as to whether you need the hormones pill more.

I think your gynae prescribed it to you just to be on the safe side to ensure that the pregnancy goes smooth sailing. if i remember correctly, 1 in 4 pregnancies usually end up in a miscarriage. So I think from ur gynae's point of view he prefers to play safe, rather than wait for something to happen then take action.

fr0ufr0um0mmy

y not you ask your gynae y he prescribe this to you since your preggy journey is okay so far?

actually i feel that it could vary.. cos some ppl might not encounter the side effects =)
Ya, did ask why.. He just said to support the pregnancy and say like it's very normal to take this. Then I start googling and asking around and found out it's not that common at all, for a normal pregnancy.

Maybe I will give it a try and see d effects on my body, at least I know :)

fr0ufr0um0mmy

May I ask how old r you? I think age might also be a factor as to whether you need the hormones pill more.

I think your gynae prescribed it to you just to be on the safe side to ensure that the pregnancy goes smooth sailing. if i remember correctly, 1 in 4 pregnancies usually end up in a miscarriage. So I think from your gynae's point of view he prefers to play safe, rather than wait for something to happen then take action.
I'm 26 this year.. I think my gynae does have tt mindset, to prevent any mishap from the start maybe? I'm kinda torn whether to take or not. Like I said above, think I'll try and see d effect on myself. Thanks!

izanyzam

I honestly think this hormone pill helped me carry my third pregnancy till i delivered my boy at 38weeks 6days..!!! :001_302:

I had 2 previous miscarriges which happened in my first trimester..But once i reached my second trimester,my gynae stopped giving me the pills and i just took the multivitamins..

bakaholic

It's hormone support and it's impt if your pregnacy is unstable. I had it when i was bleeding during 1st trimester and I had to take duphaston and also hcg/progesterone jabs to stabilise my condition.
Your gynae should stop the prescription once you reached your 2nd trimester cos the placenta will start secreting it's own hormones to support the pregnancy.

Some ppl will have worsen MS with additional hormone support but it's subjected to individual. Ultimately, the most impt part is the well-being of the baby.

ellyeun

im just 5wks into pregnancy.... just went to see the gynae today.. he gave alot of folic acid and also duphaston (only 10 tablets) next appt is 3wks later....

it's my first pregnancy... i'm 24 this yr....

he scan the foetus, it still v small, but visible. said everything is good. and duphaston is just to stable the pregnancy...

and i alrdy took 1 tablet... so is it normal for doc to issue??!
confused now

im just 5wks into pregnancy.... just went to see the gynae today.. he gave alot of folic acid and also duphaston (only 10 tablets) next appt is 3wks later....

it's my first pregnancy... i'm 24 this yr....

he scan the foetus, it still very small, but visible. said everything is good. and duphaston is just to stable the pregnancy...

and i alrdy took 1 tablet... so is it normal for doc to issue??!
confused now
hi ellyeun,

yes its supposed to stablise the womb to carry the baby, shd take... after you finished the current dosage, i tik ur doc will give you somemore till end of the 1st trimester.

PinkDiamonds

I'm 22 and the doctor prescribed it to me. When I took my NT test at 12 weeks and everything in the report was okay, she said I can stop taking it.