my baby keep pass out wind

temari

my baby is 3weeks old.recently we have purchase big tin of mamax gold mil powder and find that the powder is hard to dissolve. after my baby drink it since yesterday he started to pass out wind many times. i see his face reaction so painful like that each time he try to pass out the wind.today i try to stirl the milk before let him drink. its still the same.esp at night he is so uncomfortable when he try to sleep.dun kw why like that.

can i apply lu yu oil on him?but his body is dry and skin peeling like that cos my husband over sun him few weeks ago and now its still peeling.i apply johnson body lotion and find it very oily for him.i also got buy fei zai sui but it state 1mth old..then can use.so we dun kw can let him drink or not.

Last edited:

tinkerball

my baby is 3weeks old.recently we have purchase big tin of mamil gold mother in law powder and find that the powder is hard to dissolve. after my baby drink it since yesterday he started to pass out wind many times. i see his face reaction so painful like that each time he try to pass out the wind.today i try to stirl the milk before let him drink. its still the same.esp at night he is so uncomfortable when he try to sleep.dont kw why like that.

can i apply lu yu oil on him?but his body is dry and skin peeling like that cos my husband over sun him few weeks ago and now its still peeling.i apply johnson body lotion and find it very oily for him.i also got buy fei zai sui but it state 1mth old..then can use.so we dont kw can let him drink or not.
yu yi oil is a bit too strong for a 3 week old. i suggest u go to jamu shop in geylang and buy 'minyak telon'. those are for babies. u might want to change ur baby's formula. try a small tin first and see how he reacts to it.

Verona's

I use the oil since 2 weeks old like this , put it in your hand & rub it then softly onto her tummy , back , feets & put on socks afterwards . I will wrap a towel around her tummy as will feel warm & nice , i used cloth diaper .. My baby skin also peeling since birth because her new skin not form yet then after few weeks her skins formed then okay already , we apply lotion , try the Kodomo powder lotion , not oily , smooth after awhile :) If your milk powder is not suitable better to change , try to get samples from website if you could ;)

Renzie

I'm using S-26 milk, and my baby has been passing out wind. She looks so uncomfortable and her tummy gets pretty hard at times. been applying Ru yi oil, but to no effect.

Wondering if its the new formula of S-26 causing those problems. Because even hubby commented that the powder looks thicker and coarser than the old formula's.

diymummy

You guys might wanna try NAN.

But at least your babies are passing out wind which means it's not trapped in the tummy, causing them to feel in pain. If you have previously been using another formula, you should try to interleaf the introduction of the new formula and not change straight to the new one.

Phoebii Cheng

You might want to change his FM, since it is causing wind in the tummy....and I also use "minyak telon" on my son when he was born, massage it into his tummy & back after bath

As for the gripe water, don't give your bb yet...I think it is suitable for 2mths onwards? if I am not wrong. I only gave my son the gripe water when he was abt 5mths old.....

cocraze

For me i'd used ru Yi oil on my girl since birth. Gave gripe water/ fei zai shui since she was 6 weeks old.

Agree that passing out wind better than kept in stomach. But problem when, like my girl, experience pain when passing out wind/ moion. And when wind in stomach making her v uncomfortable. She will wail like being murdered, sometimes even scream until like lose voice like that. V v scary.

Some ways we've used to reduce wind incorporation and help her pass wind or relief the pain: dont stir too vigorously. I used spoon/ choptstick as enfalac was notoriously hard to dissolve, no matter whether u used warmer water or cold water or add lil bit more water. All won't work. Thankfully less problem now when using Nan HA and Friso Comfort.

Use different position to burp/ pat her back. Other than upright patting , which I logically believe helps the air bubbles rise up to be burped, I sometimes change position after a while if she doesn't seem to burp at all. Eg if she hasn't burped after like 3-5 mins of patting her hack while sitting in upright position, I would let her lie on bouncer for a few mins before trying again. Somehow the change in position seems to help encorage the bubbles to gather and burped.

Another way is placing her over my shoulder. Her chin on/over mys shoulder, her stomach against my chest. This is one of the standard burping positions I belive but I press against her stomach tighter. She's never vomitted milk so I feel safe pressing harder. If ur bb tends to regurgitate or vomit then better not press too hard.

Something my father in law has used ( successfully) is place girl over his thighs with her stomch arching over the high area. As though she is in crawlng position but suspended in the air with our thigh for support only. She managed to pass wind in this position a few times.

Medicine-wise, my paed prescribed RidWind when we saw her for girl's colic problem. I also bring girl regularly, twice a week for TCM massage. Initialy for her colic now for her running nose/cough/ phlegm problem whch has been persisting for two weeks now. Together with massage the doc would also prescribe some medicinal sachets to be placed over girl's navel. When her phlegm problem didn't gt better, also prescribed some powder to be fed orally. Small amount to be smeared on her tongue thrice daily. Her phlegm has reduced now

temari

I use the oil since 2 weeks old like this , put it in your hand & rub it then softly onto her tummy , back , feets & put on socks afterwards . I will wrap a towel around her tummy as will feel warm & nice , i used cloth diaper .. My baby skin also peeling since birth because her new skin not form yet then after few weeks her skins formed then okay already , we apply lotion , try the Kodomo powder lotion , not oily , smooth after awhile :) If your milk powder is not suitable better to change , try to get samples from website if you could ;)
ok i will apply on him..the milk we feed him the small tin he is ok, once we change to big tin, he started to become like this, we saw the milk couldnt dissolve fully even we add hot water first to stir before adding water.kodomo powder lotion can apply everyday?i use johnson lotion and its oily, even bath already the oily stain still there.

temari

yu yi oil is a bit too strong for a 3 week old. i suggest you go to jamu shop in geylang and buy 'minyak telon'. those are for babies. you might want to change your baby's formula. try a small tin first and see how he reacts to it.
where can i get minyak telon other than at geylang?

temari

You might want to change his FM, since it is causing wind in the tummy....and I also use "minyak telon" on my son when he was born, massage it into his tummy & back after bath

As for the gripe water, dont't give your baby yet...I think it is suitable for 2mths onwards? if I am not wrong. I only gave my son the gripe water when he was about 5mths old.....
ok.but my hus jus bought new small tin -.- we use small tin there was no problem for him at all.it only happen when we change to big tin.

ya the bottle got state one month..etc so i guess only can drink after 1 month.
:embarrassed:

temari

For me i'd used ru Yi oil on my girl since birth. Gave gripe water/ fei zai shui since she was 6 weeks old.

Agree that passing out wind better than kept in stomach. But problem when, like my girl, experience pain when passing out wind/ moion. And when wind in stomach making her very uncomfortable. She will wail like being murdered, sometimes even scream until like lose voice like that. very very scary.

Some ways we've used to reduce wind incorporation and help her pass wind or relief the pain: dont stir too vigorously. I used spoon/ choptstick as enfalac was notoriously hard to dissolve, no matter whether you used warmer water or cold water or add lil bit more water. All won't work. Thankfully less problem now when using Nan HA and Friso Comfort.

Use different position to burp/ pat her back. Other than upright patting , which I logically believe helps the air bubbles rise up to be burped, I sometimes change position after a while if she doesn't seem to burp at all. Eg if she hasn't burped after like 3-5 mins of patting her hack while sitting in upright position, I would let her lie on bouncer for a few mins before trying again. Somehow the change in position seems to help encorage the bubbles to gather and burped.

Another way is placing her over my shoulder. Her chin on/over mys shoulder, her stomach against my chest. This is one of the standard burping positions I belive but I press against her stomach tighter. She's never vomitted milk so I feel safe pressing harder. If your baby tends to regurgitate or vomit then better not press too hard.

Something my father in law has used ( successfully) is place girl over his thighs with her stomch arching over the high area. As though she is in crawlng position but suspended in the air with our thigh for support only. She managed to pass wind in this position a few times.

Medicine-wise, my paed prescribed RidWind when we saw her for girl's colic problem. I also bring girl regularly, twice a week for traditional chinese medicine massage. Initialy for her colic now for her running nose/cough/ phlegm problem whch has been persisting for two weeks now. Together with massage the doc would also prescribe some medicinal sachets to be placed over girl's navel. When her phlegm problem didn't gt better, also prescribed some powder to be fed orally. Small amount to be smeared on her tongue thrice daily. Her phlegm has reduced now
sometimes he curp quite fast, sometimes we can pat him for half an hr or longer he still didnt burp.then will vomit milk out or hipup later.

he will pass out wind until he is very uncomfortable and will cry and scream like in pain. see alr very heart pain.still hv 8 days before we can feed him grip water. so now only can try to apply oil on him and see if it helps. see doctor also nv give anything to cure his wind.dont know what to do.

cocraze

sometimes he curp quite fast, sometimes we can pat him for half an hr or longer he still didnt burp.then will vomit milk out or hipup later.

he will pass out wind until he is very uncomfortable and will cry and scream like in pain. see already very heart pain.still have 8 days before we can feed him grip water. so now only can try to apply oil on him and see if it helps. see doctor also never give anything to cure his wind.dont know what to do.
Understand your situation. My girl sometimes also like that, sometimes burp v fast, sometimes suddenly give a burp after like an hour after her last feed. You ever tried burping him in-between the feed? Say he drink halfway and is not sucking so vigorously, you stop him and burp. Maybe it would help?

Otherwise try the "chNge position" method. My girl sometimes gives a loud and unexpected burp when I carry her from cot/bouncer. Ie from horizontal lying position to vertical/'koala bear' position.

My girl also almost always hiccups after burping/feed. Dunoe why also.

Think if the non-burping and vomit milk is a constant problem, better ask paed at the one month checkup/vaccination.

temari

Understand your situation. My girl sometimes also like that, sometimes burp very fast, sometimes suddenly give a burp after like an hour after her last feed. You ever tried burping him in-between the feed? Say he drink halfway and is not sucking so vigorously, you stop him and burp. Maybe it would help?

Otherwise try the "chNge position" method. My girl sometimes gives a loud and unexpected burp when I carry her from cot/bouncer. Ie from horizontal lying position to vertical/'koala bear' position.

My girl also almost always hiccups after burping/feed. Dunoe why also.

Think if the non-burping and vomit milk is a constant problem, better ask paed at the one month checkup/vaccination.
nv try that before.if i pull out his bottle he will make noise and cry.

i hv try change position many times to burp him. sometimes works sometimes dont.even one small burp i will also be very happy. in no burp at all, he will vomit milk when lay him down to sleep.or hipup. sometimes in law say he nv burp or in law dont kw how to burp bb then put him down.then he will vomit milk and hipup.in the end make me do more work and waste more time.my bb also hates burping.he will curl around,make noise,cry.but i will still force him to burp but in law will everytime give in to him one.

Ting

insteading of giving gripe water, i would reco u give infacol or ridwind instead.
just add one drop into the milk n give it to your baby to drink.
helps them the pass air.
for ruyi oil, i also applied on pin since day one, it warms her tummy, n it helps when u massage it in a clockwise direction.
rub your palms tgt til it is very warm n press lightly against his tummy n back, then massage in a clockwise direction.
burping wise, either u put him face right up, or lean over your shoulder n burp.
if not lay him down on a cushion/pillow tummy down n burp him, also works.
dun worry abt hiccups, as long as it is not pro long, it is ok. :)

Last edited:

cocraze

never try that before.if i pull out his bottle he will make noise and cry.

i have try change position many times to burp him. sometimes works sometimes dont.even one small burp i will also be very happy. in no burp at all, he will vomit milk when lay him down to sleep.or hipup. sometimes in law say he never burp or in law dont kw how to burp baby then put him down.then he will vomit milk and hipup.in the end make me do more work and waste more time.my baby also hates burping.he will curl around,make noise,cry.but i will still force him to burp but in law will everytime give in to him one.
My girl initially also cry very 'fierce' when I took her teat out halfway, so I dont use this tactic all the time. Only sometimes when I see that she seems to be sucking slower and has less interest in her milk, then I take out. Or when she herself adjust and move (and end up spilling milk), I pull out to wipe off the milk stains from her chin. Then tell her "you naughty girl, spill your milk, then we burp burp first, ok" :Dancing_tongue: