Pan Tang Matters

bbloelim

do you guys carried sharp items?

i did carry a safety pin 2 weeks ago, when i went malaysia for a short weekend.

SH74

carry sharp items for wat?

i do avoid cutting on d bed though. other den that, no diff. mayb only try not to cut anything in office. but diffi la. if cutting cannot, den staple also not good right? haha..

Ya sometimes better be safe than sorry, but if it sounds too ridiculous then I won't follow hehee it's stated somewhere if u carry safety pin, it muz beca rusty safety pin, not sure y though. I didn't carry it coz was thinking, what I'm Kenna poked by the rusty pin then dangerous to baby too hahaa so never carry keke

mrsmahadi

do you guys carried sharp items?

i did carry a safety pin 2 weeks ago, when i went malaysia for a short weekend.
Oh yes, I heard about the sharp items pan tang. For me, my mum and in-laws recommend me to carry sharp items as and when I leave the house to ward off anything unwanted. As for me I carry a nail..I have heard that a small scissors or a swiss knife will do as well. But of course carry it safely, put it in a pouch or something.

Well, I guess this pan tang matter varies according to individuals. Before I got preggy I was a sceptic but I guess since I got preggy I felt that to follow pan tangs may not be so bad after all. :Dancing_wub:

apollo

i heard b4 tt carrying sharp things when u go out at night is to protect the bb. i also dunno y, but i didnt follow. hehe..

bbloelim

but how to avoid cats..there's always cats around the streets.
heard from some ghost stories (last time), that if you got scared by cats, the baby will look like a cat..hahaha..

carry a nail ah..!! i tot only go overseas then carry sharp items..

Last edited:

P4nic

must avoid cats coz i heard there is one disease associated with cats that may cause miscarriage one.. better siam when u see one la.

koala82

must avoid cats coz i heard there is one disease associated with cats that may cause miscarriage one.. better siam when you see one .
this is the first time i heard of such thing. Hmmm.. i make sure i will siam the stupid cat in my second pregnancy and the carry sharp sharp thing.

in my first pregnancy, i din know that and i ALWAYS go out late at night to see car racing, trip to malaysia

apollo

ehhh i nv heard of avoiding cats b4 lehhh... during my preggy time, i also got walk pass cats and didnt bother :001_302:

lekdao

ehhh i never heard of avoiding cats before lehhh... during my preggy time, i also got walk pass cats and didnt bother :001_302:
My 2 past pregnancy, my neighbour has cat always hang ard outside the window. How to aviod? ...... hahaha

TANZHENZHI

haha so many pan tang things to follow. I also never heard abt the avoiding cats. I also walk pass cats alot of times when i preggy. The sharp things i also didn't know must carry when we out at night. :) I'm not a pan tang person but when i preggy, alot of things my MIL say cannot i still follow. Becos to play safe better than sorry.

bbloelim

think cats pretty hard to avoid leh..
my multi-storey carpark, always have cats hanging around 1..
but still i will try my best to avoid looking at the cats now..haha.

but for carrying nails..what type of nails??

ellyeun

my doc say just avoid cat, those they carry some kind of germs tt will affect the bb....... but like what every one mention.. how to, they r just evry where......

as for carrying sharp objects... how ?? put them in our bag? or gotta literally wear it??

bbloelim

i went malaysia for a short weekend, i took a safety pin, and pin on my top to sleep.
but other than sleeping, i doesnt carry it with me.

but after reading, i think i will carry something sharp with me. hee..

apollo

my doc say just avoid cat, those they carry some kind of germs that will affect the baby....... but like what every one mention.. how to, they r just evry where......

as for carrying sharp objects... how ?? put them in our bag? or gotta literally wear it??
i think as long as u dont go and touch those stray cats, is okay. i dun think by just passing u, they will pass u the germs =)

ellyeun

i think iam just really gonna take it easy... seems like a million things to watch out for... making myself very stress out, end up back for the baby...

so i've decided, chill !:Dancing_wub:

mrsmahadi

my doc say just avoid cat, those they carry some kind of germs that will affect the baby....... but like what every one mention.. how to, they r just evry where......

Hm..I think there are many ways to wear it some people sew a cloth around their nail then pin it to their tops. Some (with long hair) will tie up their hair in a bun and slit the nail in the bun (like chopcticks) which makes me wonder if using sharp chopsticks will have the same effect. As for me I put it in a small organza pouch which I carry around (in my bag/pocket/in my hand)

Btw its not just nails, small scissors, safety pin and swiss knife will do.
Neways, I dunno how effective it is but I guess better safe then sorry right..

I dun always carry it around cause sometimes I forget :err:. However I will always bring it when I am touring with my hubi or if I am going out on a late night.

There are alot of pantangs..different culture, different pantangs however seems that some pantangs are shared by diff cultures too..:nah:

bbloelim

anyone heard that we cannot buy baby stuffs till 1mth b4 the baby is due??
i was chatting with my friend, and she told me, cannot do shopping till 1 mth b4 due date.
true??