Baby's BCG infected????

Pamper

My girl is 3 months now.. yesterday realise her BCG mark on her left arm is swollen.. before that it was smaller n looks very normal.. but now it looks like acne! about a 5 cents size! she jus had her 3rd month injection last week.. n no fever or discomfort after injection..

my hubbie say mayb infection, no need to worry, can check with doc. but cant help worrying n hope can ask something out first..

does any mummy experience this before? pls share.. im worried sick now.

megtan

My son's BCG also looked like an acne (with pus) when he's 2 months. We didn't touch it. Close to 3 months, the BCG sort of burst and got discharge and some blood. Asked the PD, she said so long as the BCG doesn't grow in size then is ok. She said coz the baby is still developing immunity.
Recently got some more blood, will check with my PD during his 4 month injection. If you are worried, better check.

jasobias

its normal.i think abt 4 months then it settles.My baby's one was on her backside..there was some blood ard it sometimes..noticed it when we changed diapers..it will dry up eventually

jojoki

my bb's bcg also backside.... whn i went back to msia and took her to pd, the pd was searching high n low for her bcg. (msia all inject on left arm) whn he finally found it he went oh singaporean jab backside ah? hehe it was funny i was wondering wat he was looking fr...

rioikinz

My baby's BCG grew red and round and when i checked with the GP during the 2nd months jab he told me that its normal. After sometime it just burst and now its only a little red dot on the arm. However do check with your doc if you are worried that's what i normally do better to be on the safe side for babies. As advised by my mum, do not squeeze out the pus, just clean it when it burst and let the remaining come out by itself.

Verona's

Don't worry , my baby's bcg was not visible till 1 month plus we realised its swollen & got pus , at first we tot mosqitoe bite hehe :x Then realised is her bcg , before her 2nd month injection i just slight pull her skin wide & the pus came off , no blood . Went to ask the doc & he said it is fine. If getting worse then u look for doctor . Keep clean at the area :)

Tarbe

We went to see a pd cos we thot the swollen bump was an insect bite & wasnt aware that it's her BCG until her pd told us.. so ma lu. The pd say as long as the bump don't enlarge to 20 cent size, it's ok. We are also told to drain any pus out, keep the area clean & don't apply anything.

Pamper

thanks mummies.. was really heartpain when i saw that.. how come some of u is on backside???.. i feel that is nicer.. lols.. hopefully my girl would be fine.. will ask the doc on the next visit too.. jus to make sure..

thepinkdot

thanks mummies.. was really heartpain when i saw that.. how come some of you is on backside???.. i feel that is nicer.. lols.. hopefully my girl would be fine.. will ask the doc on the next visit too.. just to make sure..
private hosp jab the babies in the butt instead of left arm.. =)