Aqua aerobics recommendation

Mrs Han

Hi everyone,

I'm in my 20 wks preggie now and have been thinking of doing some light sports like aqua aerobics & yoga classes. Anyone knows of any place that provides prenatal aqua aerobics courses? Are those conducted at swimming complexes safe for pregnancy? How abt prenatal yoga classes? Tried enquiring on the prenatal yoga classes at TMC but apparently they need a minimum of 4 participants to open a class & from what I heard, it doesn't sound that popular... hmm!

M&M

u can try kkh. i did mine at kkh. vacancies r grabbed fast there. as for prenatal yoga class u can try mother n child located at tanglin mall. $30 for 1 trial class. they r nice ppl n r not those pushy type.

Phoebii Cheng

Yes they have a indoor pool....I think you can sign up

Have copied for you:

5 Jun 2010KK Women's and Children's HospitalEvent:Aquafitness in PregnancyTime:1.00pm - 1.45pm or 2.00pm - 2.45pmVenue:Hydrotherapy pool, Rehabilitation Department, Basement 1, Children's TowerAudience:Patient & PublicSpeakers:KK Hospital PhysiotherapistRegistration Fee:$111.30 for a total of 4 sessionsOrganiser:Patient Education CentreContact:6394 1268Contact Email:pec@kkh.com.sgDescription:This is an exercise programme for expectant mothers. Our physiotherapist will take you through an exercise programme consisting of warm ups, flexibility and strength training, and a cardiovascular workout for those who are keen to keep fit and healthy during pregnancy. The use of water buoyancy and resistance with a well-designed programme will help you achieve physical and mental wellness.

eurostar

phewwwwwwwwwwwww................called and told me max 6 pax person
guess what they told me I got the last slot :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue::red:

Phoebii Cheng

I got it from the website, I think you need to scroll down, there a few classes gg on in April....but I think there is some in May and June too

Let me know if you enjoy the class, tht time want to sign up when I was pregnant, but no time cos' yr end a lot of work to do.....

Pinkliciouz

Anyone has any idea, other than KKH, is there any other places offering prenatal aqua fitness classes that is not so exp? KKH seems to be always full... :eek:11:

I found a class by Inspire Mum&Baby and the fees is only S$170 for 5 sessions but we must organise our own group of fours and we need to have a private pool for use as we can't do the classes in public pools... If we go to their allocated pools, will costs even more...

Anyone interested?

:webiggrin:

Mum2bee

Anyone has any idea, other than Kandang Kerbau Hospital, is there any other places offering prenatal aqua fitness classes that is not so exp? Kandang Kerbau Hospital seems to be always full... :eek:11:

I found a class by Inspire Mum&Baby and the fees is only S$170 for 5 sessions but we must organise our own group of fours and we need to have a private pool for use as we can't do the classes in public pools... If we go to their allocated pools, will costs even more...

Anyone interested?

:webiggrin:
Hi,

quite interested abt it.May i know holding at ware? :D thanks

Pinkliciouz

Hi,

quite interested about it.May i know holding at ware? :D thanks
Including you, there's only 2 of us, so we can't start the class.. The venue will be decided after we have enough members cos we need a private pool... If any mommies here is interested and stays in a condo, we can conduct the lesson at her condo's pool cos we can't use public pools for our lessons. Believe it has got to do with some of the regulations or something... Cross my finger that 2 more mommies will be interested and we can start our own Aqua Fitness soon...
:Dancing_wub:

Mum2bee

Including you, there's only 2 of us, so we can't start the class.. The venue will be decided after we have enough members cos we need a private pool... If any mommies here is interested and stays in a condo, we can conduct the lesson at her condo's pool cos we can't use public pools for our lessons. Believe it has got to do with some of the regulations or something... Cross my finger that 2 more mommies will be interested and we can start our own Aqua Fitness soon...
:Dancing_wub:
Oic.....hopefuli some mummies who is staying in west side interested and stay in a condo....
U staying west side rite? :)

Pinkliciouz

Oic.....hopefuli some mummies who is staying in west side interested and stay in a condo....
you staying west side rite? :)
Ya, I'm staying in the West side so hopefully we can get mommies who are also staying west side, interested in the program...

Mum2bee

Ya, I'm staying in the West side so hopefully we can get mommies who are also staying west side, interested in the program...
yeah....hopefully cos i stay at the west too........hehe......

calling...."Any mommies interested!!!!" :D

Last edited:

berry3

hi, i'm interested! :shyxxx:
i'm staying in west too and currently in my 23 week..
but need 2 know whether u want the class 2 be in afternoon/morning?
n im not staying in condo.