First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st bdae

pkshl

Re: First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st

hi mummies, i need help to tink where can i celebrate my son's birthday.

we are not inviting relatives, only own family (both sides).
Home is out as there will be kids around. we ve about 14 adults + 4kids

advice is much appreciated!

jojoki

Re: First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st

I just did my baby's bday at my sis condos function room. It was perfect and everything went soo smoothly. We had the kids swam at the pool below n after a splashing good time, we went up to the function room for food. We catered from Revada - The Exquisite Catering Boutique The food was good. Got balloons from Party Balloons & Supplies and Childrens Sales - Babyterror OnlineParty Supplies. Party Balloons. Childrens Sales. ( i got the pasteled colours with polka dots.. it was very nice) got ss cake from pines garden (2 tiers top fresh strawberry cream n bottom lychee martini)

there was two rooms, one we used for mahjong n the other karaoke room we played baby disc n we put mats fr thme to crawl around (we dump some toys, a tent n lots of free flowing balloons) the toddlers had a real blast!!

The clean up was easy.. so all of us managed to enjoy ourself very much!!

camom

Hi pkshl,

How much is your budget & how elaborate wld you want it to be?

If it's a simple one, I will go for private rooms at a restaurant. They might allow you to do up the room with some simple decorations earlier and store the cake for you.

pkshl

Hi pkshl,

How much is your budget & how elaborate wld you want it to be?

If it's a simple one, I will go for private rooms at a restaurant. They might allow you to do up the room with some simple decorations earlier and store the cake for you.
hi camom, i also thought of restaurant private room but worried that the place might be too cold for my son. budget wise...still alright for us cos only inviting own family.

which restaurant r u refering to?

faith

Hi,

Anyone here is a member of NSRCC (Safra Resort)? I need to book a chalet for my girl's birthday. Appreciate if anyone can help. Willing 2 offer a token of appreciation 4 whoever can help. Kindly email me at winnielim77@yahoo.com

thks!

Last edited:

Frenchkitty

Hi Moms I need help here!
Where can I go to print the banner? which part of Bras Basah? Bras Basah Complex? or where? and which level / shop?

Thanks so much in advance!

cmeilim

can moms who have ordered from liang catering before recommend which dishes are tasty? i have never used this caterer before but heard it's not bad. wish to try them for my boy's first birthday next month.

camom

hi camom, i also thought of restaurant private room but worried that the place might be too cold for my son. budget wise...still alright for us cos only inviting own family.

which restaurant r you refering to?
Sorry for not replying earlier. I didn't check back on this thread.

Any restaurants, depending on what you want to have for the meals, provided thy are willing to accomodate your requests.

faith

Hi mummies,

Can anyone comment on the cakes fm ecreative and pine gardens? Was actually looking for a 3D cake for my 1yr old girl. In fact I really like the design fm ecreative but have some feedback tt their taste was so so only. As for pine gardens, heard tt their cakes taste better but they don't provide the 3D design tt I want. Can anyboby comment? Thks!

cmeilim

Hi mummies,

Can anyone comment on the cakes fm ecreative and pine gardens? Was actually looking for a 3D cake for my 1yr old girl. In fact I really like the design fm ecreative but have some feedback that their taste was so so only. As for pine gardens, heard that their cakes taste better but they dont't provide the 3D design that I want. Can anyboby comment? Thks!

i think it depends on what you are more concerned with: aesthetics or taste. for pine gardens, u can be assured that the taste is far far better than its heartlander image and location. for ecreative, hubby and i find its cake tastes worse than some heartland/neighbourhood cake shops. we were very quick to decide that we would rule out ecreative right away.

Frenchkitty

Would like to share about my horrid experience with this Chin Signtech banner printing company. I emailed them wanted to print a birthday banner for my son's birthday, then after they sent me an artwork, I decided to change the photo because upon seeing the artwork, not very nice photo.

the guy emailed n said once photo submit for printing cannot change. But I havent confirm the design, hello???
so nevermind, I sent another photo and promised that I will not change to another photo again.

Then he emailed n said he has to charge me $10 extra for "cropping fee".. so Ok I said I am willing to fork out extra $10 due to partly my fault wanna change another pic.

But the resulting artwork sent to me was CRAP! The photo not cropped properly and my son's head appeared to be crooked and uneven! *fuming*
Then I decided to design my own banner design n just let them do the printing, less job for them, same $$, and just print banner only mah right?
But emailed my design to them, NO REPLY for DAYSSS..
Then finally, I sent yet ANOTHER email with my son's SAMe photo, but I did the cropping myself. No reply ALSO.

Called them up, one Ah Beng answered the call and said "Which email??! We one day got so many emails how I know which one you talking"
blah blah... after explanation, he emailed me back his previous CRAP shabbily-cropped photo... which I had rejected, not the one I cropped nicely for him.
Then after ALL that hassle, I kinda caved in, dont wanna argue with them, so I emailed him and actually AGREED to that lousy artwork... and in my last email on 17 April, I said pls call me when banner ready to collect.

Now is 27 April, 10 days already... then suddenly some Indian national been calling me asking me to go collect nanner. I said during these 10 days nobody emailed me a confirmation or anything like "Ok we will print the banner" NOTHING.... Then suddenly ask me go collect banner?? I said I have to cancel because nobody informed me it's a confirmed job, thus I went to source for another printer already.
They just wouldnt take no for an answer and kept calling my hp..

Super angry! What can I do?? I have the right to refuse them right?? Cos in the first place they never emailed me back saying they confirm my order. then 10 days later suddenly just call me up. :eek:21:

charmed_one

i booked a chalet for pin, at aloha loyang (using civil servant rates) n so far i estimated we will spend about 1.4-1.5K including, chalet, food, cake, deco, party favours,
actually i rented a few extra like cotton candy machine, choco fondue, n also it is a themed party, thus the deco is more expensive.
but if my aunt gg to sponsor the food, then i think i can save about $200-$300 on the BBQ food.

bcos your kids range is 1-12 yo, quite a big range, so abit difficult to find suitable for all ages.
my uncle actually booked a BBQ pit at his house area (TPY)for his daughter n there is a playground there.
so the kids get to enjoy playing while the adults can eat n chat.

at home is quite a nightmare esp if you have kids, if adults still can consider.
if not chalet, i think function room would be a good choice. :)
hi!

my baby is turning 1 on november.. am i planning too early? anyways, i also want to give her a themed party.. may i ask where/who you got to do your party decoration?

anyone knows where i can rent themed backdrop like this?

theme1.jpg

theme3.jpg

charmed_one

i booked a chalet for pin, at aloha loyang (using civil servant rates) n so far i estimated we will spend about 1.4-1.5K including, chalet, food, cake, deco, party favours,
actually i rented a few extra like cotton candy machine, choco fondue, n also it is a themed party, thus the deco is more expensive.
but if my aunt gg to sponsor the food, then i think i can save about $200-$300 on the BBQ food.

bcos your kids range is 1-12 yo, quite a big range, so abit difficult to find suitable for all ages.
my uncle actually booked a BBQ pit at his house area (TPY)for his daughter n there is a playground there.
so the kids get to enjoy playing while the adults can eat n chat.

at home is quite a nightmare esp if you have kids, if adults still can consider.
if not chalet, i think function room would be a good choice. :)
hi!

my baby is turning 1 on november.. hehehe.. am i planning too early? anyways, i also want to give her a themed party.. may i ask where/who you got to do your party decoration?

anyone knows where i can rent themed backdrop like this?

View attachment 28274

View attachment 28275

mandymtb

Would like to share about my horrid experience with this Chin Signtech banner printing company. I emailed them wanted to print a birthday banner for my son's birthday, then after they sent me an artwork, I decided to change the photo because upon seeing the artwork, not very nice photo.

the guy emailed n said once photo submit for printing cannot change. But I havent confirm the design, hello???
so nevermind, I sent another photo and promised that I will not change to another photo again.

Then he emailed n said he has to charge me $10 extra for "cropping fee".. so Ok I said I am willing to fork out extra $10 due to partly my fault wanna change another pic.

But the resulting artwork sent to me was CRAP! The photo not cropped properly and my son's head appeared to be crooked and uneven! *fuming*
Then I decided to design my own banner design n just let them do the printing, less job for them, same $$, and just print banner only mah right?
But emailed my design to them, NO REPLY for DAYSSS..
Then finally, I sent yet ANOTHER email with my son's SAMe photo, but I did the cropping myself. No reply ALSO.

Called them up, one Beng answered the call and said "Which email??! We one day got so many emails how I know which one you talking"
blah blah... after explanation, he emailed me back his previous CRAP shabbily-cropped photo... which I had rejected, not the one I cropped nicely for him.
Then after ALL that hassle, I kinda caved in, dont wanna argue with them, so I emailed him and actually AGREED to that lousy artwork... and in my last email on 17 April, I said pls call me when banner ready to collect.

Now is 27 April, 10 days already... then suddenly some Indian national been calling me asking me to go collect nanner. I said during these 10 days nobody emailed me a confirmation or anything like "Ok we will print the banner" NOTHING.... Then suddenly ask me go collect banner?? I said I have to cancel because nobody informed me it's a confirmed job, thus I went to source for another printer already.
They just wouldnt take no for an answer and kept calling my hp..

Super angry! What can I do?? I have the right to refuse them right?? Cos in the first place they never emailed me back saying they confirm my order. then 10 days later suddenly just call me up. :eek:21:
but you mentioned u agreed to the artwork and ask them to call u when the banner is ready for collection, isnt it? gezz.... if this is the case, then i wld reckon its difficult to "fight" as u already told them to call u when the banner is ready for collection...

cool mummy... perhaps you can try logging your file wif CASE and see what they say and can help you wif..

Just to share..
Just celeberate my girl's 1st yr on 1st May
1) Celebrate at NSRCC (using active ns men name cheaper)
very spacious and nice the enviornment
NSRCC
Take a look at the inside: NSRCC

2) Catering used : YLS catering services (got nice delicacies like Braised pork bun and braised duck) $10 per head / min 30ppl Y.L.S. Catering Services - Singapore

3) Engaged photography: Lee Frank Photography
Very reasonable rate as compared to other, unlimited photo taking,$100/hour, i engage him for 2hour, from 2pm to 4pm.. he will edit and put into dvd.. does not provide development of photos

Lee Frank Photography. Frank Lee Wedding Photographer in Singapore. Singapore Wedding Photographer.

4) Party decoration : Partyz by Grefio
I choose party package F $138(Single arch ballon and 70 helium ballon)
Requested them to tie half into 5 bouquets
Partyz by Grefio

5) Cake: Bengawan solo (Disney cake)
Minimum $120 (a 3kg size cake )and they provide free delivery

3mummy

Mummies, instead of printing bday banners.. Y not spend the $$ to do those canvas print?? Can put our previous bd boy/ger pics on it n wordings too.. Still can hang in their room after the party..

3mummy

I catered Ecreative buffet during my bb's First mth last yr. My guests loved their food ESP yam paste dessert.. Halal too n pricing also reasonable.

faith

Mummies, instead of printing bday banners.. Y not spend the $$ to do those canvas print?? Can put our previous bd boy/ger pics on it n wordings too.. Still can hang in their room after the party..
Hi 3mummy,

I tot of doing tt too. Do u hv any good recommendations? Care to share the pics of yr bb on the canvas? Thks!

cmeilim

HELP mummies!!

I urgently need to buy M&Ms (the type suitable for baking) because I wish to bake M&M cookies as party favours for my son's birthday party next week. But all Phoon Huat outlets have run out of stocks and don't know when new stocks are coming in. The NTUC outlets that I have checked at in Serangoon only sells the small packs for normal consumption. I tried baking with them and they all cracked within minutes in the oven, making the cookies look really ugly.

Anyone knows where to buy M&Ms for baking??? TIA!!!

Re: Where to celebrate- 1st Birthday........

if i am not mistaken, there is one mcdonald restrn in Ang Mo Kio near block 120+. With lots of greenary and natural setting, the place looks cool to have a small party.

anyone know the exact address ????
hi, have you found out the excate location for the mc D restaurant?
i'm intereset in the greenary and natural setting :)
thanks