Anyone got pregnant soon after Miscarriage?

mizzyeika

Hi Ladies!

I had my first miscarriage at 5 weeks in March 2010. I was so sad and disappointed especially when the hubby and both of our family members were looking forward towards my pregnancy as this will be the 1st grandchild in the family.

I didnt went for d/c as i lost it in a natural way and i had my menses for almost 2 weeks. Went for a traditional malay massage and my masseusetold me try not to conceive for the next 3 months. I was sad, of course but i tried not to think so much.

Me, husband and both of our families tried not to think about me conceiving so fast. All i could think of is to recover fast and recuperate myself as the process of m/c is so painful. I cant even walk/stand properly. Totally felt like bedridden. I got better after the traditional massage thou.

On mid-may, i was 5 days late for my period. I thought maybe after m/c my menses will be irregular. Talk to my husband and he said he dont think im pregnant and he dont want to put high hopes anymore after the first miscarriage. But i have this instinct, i might be pregnant. I told myself to check next week but this lady is so itchy as i have 3 spares more of pregnancy test kits. Check it and to my astonishment, im pregnant. Everyone is so shocked and delighted esp my hubby.

Had a bleeding a week after, had check with gynae and im already 6 weeks pregnant. Did an ultrasound (as they are afraid it might be ectopic) and they found a small sac. Had to return 3 weeks later and thats when i saw my baby with his/her heartbeat. Im now in my 10 weeks.

So ladies. Please dont lose hope. Try not to think so much and let nature takes it course. Best wishes to all ladies who are trying to conceive.

Sorry for the long winded post. Just have to share something here. =)

Last edited:

tinklish

hi shiseru! i wanted to track my bbt but i din had a chance to..as in, i thot of tracking at a start of a brand new cycle..but im still wondering which is the 1st day of a new cycle? haha.. well, gynae and tcm both said its due to hormones imbalance when i told them i spotted.. will see how. At present, im experiencing pms signs (swore breast, bloated, etc) but my temp is still on the low side.. 97.3 F? hai.. my best guess is my mense shld be approaching soon due to the obvious pms signs..

im not too sure what is the name of the pill that gynae wanna give me..will see gynae end of this week..meanwhile, i jus know that this pill that he intending to give is to be taken on day 2 to day 6 of ur cycle..i told this to the tcm and he says most likely is clomid. Best part is I can still continue to take his chn med :) ..so hopefull with the help of western & chn med, i will be able to hold a healthy baby in my arms.

anyway, how have u been shiseru? i hope all is fine on ur side :)

mizzyeika, thank you for your encouragement..take good care of urself ya! eat more fruits, veg, milk !!! :)

TANZHENZHI

Hi Ladies!

I had my first miscarriage at 5 weeks in March 2010. I was so sad and disappointed especially when the hubby and both of our family members were looking forward towards my pregnancy as this will be the 1st grandchild in the family.

I didnt went for d/c as i lost it in a natural way and i had my menses for almost 2 weeks. Went for a traditional malay massage and my masseusetold me try not to conceive for the next 3 months. I was sad, of course but i tried not to think so much.

Me, husband and both of our families tried not to think about me conceiving so fast. All i could think of is to recover fast and recuperate myself as the process of m/c is so painful. I cant even walk/stand properly. Totally felt like bedridden. I got better after the traditional massage thou.

On mid-may, i was 5 days late for my period. I thought maybe after m/c my menses will be irregular. Talk to my husband and he said he dont't think im pregnant and he dont't want to put high hopes anymore after the first miscarriage. But i have this instinct, i might be pregnant. I told myself to check next week but this lady is so itchy as i have 3 spares more of pregnancy test kits. Check it and to my astonishment, im pregnant.

Had a bleeding a week after, had check with gynae and im already 6 weeks pregnant. Did an ultrasound (as they are afraid it might be ectopic) and they found a small sac. Had to return 3 weeks later and then i saw my baby with his/her heartbeat. Im now in my 10 weeks.

So ladies. Please dont lose hope. Try not to think so much and let nature takes it course. Best wishes to all ladies who are trying to concieve.

Sorry for the long winded post. Just have to share something here. =)
Congrats to you n hubby. Thanks for sharing your stories. Take good care of yourself. :001_302:

tinklish

hello! me still tryin to get my cycle right! it has been near to 2 mths since i last had my mense..hai!.. hopefully chn med helps! how abt u?? busy with baking huh?? (",)

26JMC

me ah? cycle start to hay wire even with the duphaston... got 29days, got 26days etc. dunno y..maybe ate too long already?.. i will be going for TCM to tiao my body and wondering whether want to go and remove my wisdom tooth or not now. i have checked with my colleague that she said she didnt remove hers yet since no problem and she already had a kid. so i am thinking of postponing it.

other than that, i have been busy with baking la! hehehe

hello! me still tryin to get my cycle right! it has been near to 2 mths since i last had my mense..hai!.. hopefully chn med helps! how about you?? busy with baking huh?? (",)

26JMC

me ? cycle start to hay wire even with the duphaston... got 29days, got 26days etc. dont know y..maybe ate too long already?.. i will be going for traditional chinese medicine to tiao my body and wondering whether want to go and remove my wisdom tooth or not now. i have checked with my colleague that she said she didnt remove hers yet since no problem and she already had a kid. so i am thinking of postponing it.

other than that, i have been busy with baking ! hehehe

hello! me still tryin to get my cycle right! it has been near to 2 mths since i last had my mense..hai!.. hopefully chn med helps! how about you?? busy with baking huh?? (",)

26JMC

mei you la. i didnt start after my 2nd that time.. so long...it has been around 8 to 9months? time really just flies swiftly right in front of us!
How are you? So kan jiong you pregnant huh ? :)

Me failed last cycle, so on to the next cycle. GL everyone trying!

26JMC

by the way, good news to all.
one of my colleague who had 3 m/c recently got pregnant again and tis time hers got heartbeat and looks good! hope she will have the babydust this time.

but i can salute her cos her previous m/c are all natural one and she kept on trying without rest without confinement etc...

shiseru

Hello ladies, how is everyone? I am skipping ttc 2cycles as i am seeking tcm.

The sinseh was recommended by my colleague who had a couple of friends conceived and given birth sucessfully after seeing her. She took my pulse and said my 'chi' is very weak and i best skip ttc a few cycles she will help me strengthen my reproductive system as well as my hubby's vitality.

I started seeing her 2wks ago. Coincidentally, i sprained my neck that evening when i went to see her. My hubby didnt know i hurt my neck and as soon as i started talking to the sinseh she asked if i sprained my neck.

She took my hubby's pulse and took out blood pressure measurement took kit, she said my hubby low blood, in fact my hubby does have low blood so he fes giddy in the morning. She refused to start fertity treatment unless these exsiting issues are solved. So she gave me med for my neck and med for my hubby low blood.

After taking her med for 1week+ we both see the improvement. Tonight she will focus to strengthening my reproductive system and ovaries also 'zhuang yang' for my husband.

I feel tcm is good. She said especially we mc before, our body as in 'chi' and reproductive system becomes weak, it is hence important to strengthen back before ttc again. Well we have seen good improvement after her med, so i guess we will stick with her. Her med is in capsules so its easy and convenient to take.

Have a great weekend everyone!

shiseru

Hi Shiseru,

Care to share the details of this traditional chinese medicine?
Anttan, how are you lately?

This sinseh is in Tampines. She is a little different from other sinseh. Other sinseh i see want us to try as much as possible during the fertile window but this sinseh looks at overall well being and take one step at a time. She said we have to strengthen our body before she can focus on treating fertility, i can see she is very thorough. In fact if you google "trying to concieve traditional chinese medicine", you will see it is not as easy as giving you a pack of herbs and let you drink 1 or 2 times per month, as in treating the issue straight away without looking at your current body condition. I will pm you her details.

For those who had suffered mc or multiple losses, our body will be very weak. She said my 气和血 is very weak (this is due to my 2 losses previously). She said normal healthy people pulse rate is 60, but I am only at 40+. My left pulse is better, but still weak. It is about 50.

Well we saw her yesterday, she prescribed me med for strengthing my ovaries and "chi" As for my hubby, she refused to give the zhuang yang coz she took his pulse and said my hubby needs to clear the heatiness inside his body and take another week for his low blood. I guess med for zhuang yang should be pretty heaty.

I hope we have found the right sinseh, have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited:

MoMoMum

Hi..I'm scheduled for my d&c on 30/3 bt I tink my baby cannot wait and wanna cum out.. have been having slight bleeding.. This is my first child and I gt pregnant one month after our wedding.. My hubby n I work in the same place so when everyone at work gotta know I was preggy they went "whoa!! you all very fast have baby.." not including those who gt married about the same timing as us and yearning to get preggy...
At 5 weeks, I ready had spottings n was given medicine n jab.. there was heartbeat at 7 weeks.. Unfortunately, at 10 weeks, baby heartbeat stopped.. Hubby n I held back our tears when we heard the sad news..sigh! now I just dotno hw to go back to work n answer to all those nosey pokers who will definitely ask what happen..
Hi Werxbabe, after reading your comments, my heart feels for you. Do take care and not think too much.... I am new to this thread, I feel the warmth with all the concern and best wishes for those who needs it and the encouragement given to each other is so touching...I will be reading this thread and will try to keep it going.... for as long as possible... I am trying for a baby now, starting only 2 months ago... I hope to conceive before end of the year.... as after this year, my hubby say he will not try anymore, since it's god's will, he will listen... I am very pressure and have to trying everything to enable me to conceive as I really and badly want to have a child of our own....

May God bless me with 1 angel... That's all I ask for....

Mich

anttan

Anttan, how are you lately?

This sinseh is in Tampines. She is a little different from other sinseh. Other sinseh i see want us to try as much as possible during the fertile window but this sinseh looks at overall well being and take one step at a time. She said we have to strengthen our body before she can focus on treating fertility, i can see she is very thorough. In fact if you google "trying to concieve traditional chinese medicine", you will see it is not as easy as giving you a pack of herbs and let you drink 1 or 2 times per month, as in treating the issue straight away without looking at your current body condition. I will pm you her details.

For those who had suffered mc or multiple losses, our body will be very weak. She said my 气和血 is very weak (this is due to my 2 losses previously). She said normal healthy people pulse rate is 60, but I am only at 40+. My left pulse is better, but still weak. It is about 50.

Well we saw her yesterday, she prescribed me med for strengthing my ovaries and "chi" As for my hubby, she refused to give the zhuang yang coz she took his pulse and said my hubby needs to clear the heatiness inside his body and take another week for his low blood. I guess med for zhuang yang should be pretty heaty.

I hope we have found the right sinseh, have a good weekend everyone.
Hi Shiseru,

Thanks, i'm fine, just busy only...

I also just went to visit my TCM on sunday asking him why it's so difficult for me to get preggie since my m/c... he told me that my body changed aft the m/c and tend to get very heaty aft ovulation and cant hold well... too heaty to the extend that the sperm and egg separated at the very last stage, tat's why i'm always having my menses late.

so during this period, i have to avoid all heaty foods and try to drink more chrysanthemum tea and boil china barley myself... and yes, the chinese herbs for both women and men are quite heaty... let your hubby drink more water on the day before and few days after having the herbs... it will help to clear the heatiness on the body.

i dun feel disappointed aft these fails now as i think it's God's will... just have to let myself more relax and dun think about it...

I'm sure with this TCM's help, you will definitely conceive successful with healthy baby on your hand pretty soon...

shiseru

Anttan i am happy that we are at least getting some help, i am sure we are On our way to a bring home healthy baby.

We went to see the chinese sinseh yesterday, my pulse rate has improved greatly, now hitting 60! I was only at 40+ to 50 before i started taking her med. My husband's condition has also shown improvement. I am takng med to improve my 气血 so to improve blood circulation to the ovaries to release more and healthy folicies. We are also takng med to strengthen our kidneys.

I mentioned to my sinseh before that my menses is scant and short after my 2 losses (my cycle is regular 27-28 days) she said bcoz my 气血 is weak. She said to monitor my next menses and i should see a change since i started takng her med. Well i will know in a week's time (since i am told to skip ttc for 2-3 mths)

GL and do update abt your progress :)

Last edited:

anttan

Hi Shiseru,

It was great to hear that and i think u're on right track now!

My tcm also told me that i can conceive just that the body is too heaty aft ovulation.. so i need to cool my body down during tat period... kinda quite hard for me thou but will try hard...

I hope tat all of us here will get to carry our own babies in no time... the waiting is too much for us and our patience for this matter is very impt...

26JMC

shiseru, glad to hear u are doing well! hehe

for me, i am still on duphaston lor.. sigh.. cos find that TCM works v slow for me.. my gynae nag at me for skipping it..so i am now back on duphaston again.. right now still waiting for AF to come.. sianz de. i hope it can come faster so as to start afresh! :(

Anttan i am happy that we are at least getting some help, i am sure we are On our way to a bring home healthy baby.

We went to see the chinese sinseh yesterday, my pulse rate has improved greatly, now hitting 60! I was only at 40+ to 50 before i started taking her med. My husband's condition has also shown improvement. I am takng med to improve my 气血 so to improve blood circulation to the ovaries to release more and healthy folicies. We are also takng med to strengthen our kidneys.

I mentioned to my sinseh before that my menses is scant and short after my 2 losses (my cycle is regular 27-28 days) she said bcoz my 气血 is weak. She said to monitor my next menses and i should see a change since i started takng her med. Well i will know in a week's time (since i am told to skip trying to concieve for 2-3 mths)

GL and do update about your progress :)

Rukia

Hi everyone,

Can I ask, how soon did your menses come back after miscarriage? I just went for a check up and gynae said cant detect heartbeat, and it looks like an empty sac, so just wait for a miscarriage.

Feeling totally devastated. Its my first pregnancy and it had to turn out like that. Especially all my friends around me all have successful pregnancies, with some not even keen on having babies and yet they could have it so easily. Now the gynae told me to just wait for the bleeding to start. This feeling totally sucks.

I am wondering if it would be better for me to wait for a natural miscarriage or go for D&C? I heard some people mention that D&C will clean up the womb better and prevent any residues. But there are some risks? I am quite worried...

How soon can I try again for a baby? I heard the minimum is three months?

momi

Hi everyone,

Can I ask, how soon did your menses come back after miscarriage? I just went for a check up and gynae said cant detect heartbeat, and it looks like an empty sac, so just wait for a miscarriage.

Feeling totally devastated. Its my first pregnancy and it had to turn out like that. Especially all my friends around me all have successful pregnancies, with some not even keen on having babies and yet they could have it so easily. Now the gynae told me to just wait for the bleeding to start. This feeling totally sucks.

I am wondering if it would be better for me to wait for a natural miscarriage or go for D&C? I heard some people mention that D&C will clean up the womb better and prevent any residues. But there are some risks? I am quite worried...

How soon can I try again for a baby? I heard the minimum is three months?
Hi Rukia,

How are you now? I hope this post isn't too late. Why don't you seek a second opinion from another gynae rather than just waiting for the MC to happen? I'm hoping another gynae might be able to do something to protect the baby.