crazy neighbor.... help......

Renzie

Even doing of reno work also can't be doing til wee hours of the morning right? It'll cause disturbance to the rest of the neighbours, they have a time stipulated. Last time the school below my blk also undergoing reno, super noisy and dusty, but at least by about 10pm they'll stop but even so, that's very very very infrequent , sat would continue but usually til 5pm. So even if they have the license for reno, there's a time range as well. Don't worry just complain to town council.

Even doing of reno work also can't be doing til wee hours of the morning right? It'll cause disturbance to the rest of the neighbours, they have a time stipulated. Last time the school below my blk also undergoing reno, super noisy and dusty, but at least by about 10pm they'll stop but even so, that's very very very infrequent , sat would continue but usually til 5pm. So even if they have the license for reno, there's a time range as well. dont't worry just complain to town council.

It is of course not acceptable if they overshoot permitted hours. Will be surprised though if town council will take up this 'disturbance' matter.

Town councils are estate management companies although govt-linked. Estate management as in they primarily take care of your living surroundings, removal of rubbish, lifts so on and so forth. dont't think this is their territory.

But pineappletart, you mentioned now they are officially permitted becoz of reno? Then you might have to put up with their noise level, no?..You have my sympathy and empathy, I super cannot tahan consistent loud noises :nah:

*Hugs*

yup yup.. no choice during the permited time as mentioned by cancanmum...
the drilling started from 645pm to 720pm yesterday... :(( the usual crazy dragging of furnitures, hammering (which happens almost every day) during the day time i can only frown in my house. but when it comes to after and wee hours, weekends & PH.... u really want to go and pull their hair out!
also now baby coming, thats why im concerned bout the sudden hammering and drilling in wee hours...

CanCanMum

pardon me about the mixing up of regulatory bodies ( coz i nebber complain before lOllllllll )

Town council says they r not incharge of noisy/inconsiderate neighbours

They say even u call, they will still direct u to HDB

So call your branch office, or HDB main line to complain which level and the noise generated. If its wee hours, call Police. (after 10 to 11pm) :001_302:

stonston

Your neighbours sound exactly like mine at my previous house!

The old Indian man likes to collect old cans and he'll be banging them flat at all sorts of hours!

If it's after 11pm, my hb will go tell him nicely. He usually stops for 10minutes then continue. My hb become good friend of the NPC head already. Everyday we gotta call the NPC to send ppl down to ask him to stop. They've actually taken him back to the station on many occasions because we were not the only ones who complained. He stays directly above us and throws CURRY down his kitchen window, onto our laundry!

Anyway, after so many police reports on him, he finally stopped after we moved to our new house. The new tenants say that he's not so eccentric anymore, probably because he is diagnosed with cancer.

If it's during the day, you can call Town Council. My suggestion is to use a video cam, just film a spot in your house to record the sound with the time recorded on the video. Support with your complaint to substantiate your claim. Town Council will issue warning letter to ask them to stop. If they don't, you can call police.

pardon me about the mixing up of regulatory bodies ( coz i nebber complain before lOllllllll )

Town council says they are not incharge of noisy/inconsiderate neighbours

They say even you call, they will still direct you to HDB

So call your branch office, or HDB main line to complain which level and the noise generated. If its wee hours, call Police. (after 10 to 11pm) :001_302:
oh ok ok thanks for the clear advise cancanmum :tlaugh:

The old Indian man likes to collect old cans and he'll be banging them flat at all sorts of hours!

If it's after 11pm, my husband will go tell him nicely. He usually stops for 10minutes then continue. My husband become good friend of the NPC head already. Everyday we gotta call the NPC to send ppl down to ask him to stop. They've actually taken him back to the station on many occasions because we were not the only ones who complained. He stays directly above us and throws CURRY down his kitchen window, onto our laundry!

Anyway, after so many police reports on him, he finally stopped after we moved to our new house. The new tenants say that he's not so eccentric anymore, probably because he is diagnosed with cancer.

If it's during the day, you can call Town Council. My suggestion is to use a video cam, just film a spot in your house to record the sound with the time recorded on the video. Support with your complaint to substantiate your claim. Town Council will issue warning letter to ask them to stop. If they dont't, you can call police.

curry on laundry. wow. that i will definitely go up straight! @#^&! :bmad: lol
anyway good idea on the recording. i'll accumulate all the incidents and soon enough, ill have substancial evidence to file a complaint against him/ them!

Thanks for information where to call cancanmum.

Last edited:

Renzie

Curry on laundry???!!! That's madness!
haha hubby probably need to stop me from throwing back the curry at them.

CanCanMum

tokkin about laundry

we used to have tis inconsiderate neighbour who hangs wet laundry out the window to wet our dry clothes

SO : me and brother bought a watergun to shoot water at their clothes from our floor wahahahha`~~~~REALLY VENT OUR ANGER~~~

Oppsgal

tokkin about laundry

we used to have tis inconsiderate neighbour who hangs wet laundry out the window to wet our dry clothes

SO : me and brother bought a watergun to shoot water at their clothes from our floor wahahahha`~~~~REALLY VENT OUR ANGER~~~
:tlaugh:so wet clothes from above will continue to drip on your clothes.
:tlaugh:

ping26

If it's after 11pm, my husband will go tell him nicely. He usually stops for 10minutes then continue. My husband become good friend of the NPC head already. Everyday we gotta call the NPC to send ppl down to ask him to stop. They've actually taken him back to the station on many occasions because we were not the only ones who complained. He stays directly above us and throws CURRY down his kitchen window, onto our laundry!

If it's during the day, you can call Town Council. My suggestion is to use a video cam, just film a spot in your house to record the sound with the time recorded on the video. Support with your complaint to substantiate your claim. Town Council will issue warning letter to ask them to stop. If they dont't, you can call police.
Somehow, my next-door neighbour (we occupy end of corridor unit) has terrible neighbours (above and next-door).

It started with wee-hour pounding & furniture dragging. They have tried many things - gifts, neighbourly talks, police, neighbourhood petitions, etc. Their plants and car were vandalised on-off. Now they have surveillance cameras on their car and corridor. The culprits know how to avoid the cameras. So they were never charged. When their bicycle is parked outside my corridor (they asked us & we said ok), their "enemies" complained abt obstruction. It's more than 10 years already...

Sometimes we read of garang guni stinking up unit and putting rubbish everywhere. Most were never evicted by HDB. Neither do they change their ways.

I think if police visits don't work after a few mth, maybe u can consider other measures like getting RC people to help.
Try not to let situation deteriorate...

I usu 'ren'. luckily my "upstairs" neighbours only do inconsiderate things once in a while...

yakii

Ya i also have such neighour staying above me...making me crazy....especially after i give birth....the drilling start ard 11pm and will go on till wee hr...i cant take it i dial for the Police...and i did tat almost everyday when the noise is so horrible...and the Police get to know who i am cos they told me that when they are there the whole house is in darkness so they can ring the bell. I tell him of cos they cant see anything as it come from the master bed room. So i request the Police to come into my unit and listen for themself.

So they recommended me to write to HDB if it is a EVERYDAY thing. So i wrote in and cc to the MP of my area and the HDB head of department for compliant. I am very lucky that the MP for my area is super good cos within 1 day after i send in the email she replied and then followed by the HDB office called to know wat actually happen. And they came to my unit to measure the nuisence noise..and as my neighbour got some hearing device in my house they r not at home on the day when the officer is here to measure...damn angry cos the noise start straight after the officer left!!!

Anyway now is a peaceful nite cos no more drilling no more dragging and no more fighting and slamming of doors in the middle of the nite.:tlaugh:

CanCanMum

Anyone knows whether we can stay anonymous when complaining to relevant authority.
normally they will ask for your name and phone number coz they need to inform you the outcome of your complaint.

u can say Mrs XXX or something, dun need to tell them your real name.

dur30cat

If it's official renovation, then they need to apply for permit. It happened to my mom's neighbour once whose reno long overshoot their deadline by 30days or more.

Better still, their carpenter was sawing cabinets in front of my mom's unit (imagine the saw dust and noise) and my baby niece was 4 months old.

I just called HDB to report and let them handle it.

And after that, I had to go to the neighbours and tell them very nicely that we have a baby at my mom's unit -- the neighbour has some kids so I guess they understood. Then no problem after that.

But now, it's the unit upstairs! 3 kids who made lots of noise in their house or running one floor down to my mom's level to play.

That's the reason why I chose to live in an old point block.

joeyz

hi all mommies,

i will go crazy one day if this crazy neighbor (upstairs) continues to do what he do...

ive lived here for 1yr plus now.

things they do;

- drill ANYTIME they like and i mean ANYTIME. once was 4am. no kidding. lasted for weeks!
thank goodness the drilling has stopped after deepavali. i hope!

- hammer anytime

- pounding food on the floor with no cloth for sure

- drag his furnitures also ANYTIME HE LIKE. i understand a bit here and there of dragging is endurable. BUT you hear it everyday, be it morning, afternoon or night! sometimes the dragging lasts for 30mins! :we2wacko:

ok so once, it got too much and instead of me, (the hot tempered one), my hubby actually went up and asked politely if everything was ok. trust me, he's a sweet talker and he dont want any unhappiness/ ackwardness in the block. anyway the neighbor explained that they were having a party and so they had no choice but promised to keep it down. which they really tried. lesser dragging

i was thinking of a strategy to deal with this annoying problem and finally came up with one. i thought ok, i'll bring some makan stuff over on baby's full month (in feb or mar 2010) and HOPEFULLY they'll get the hint. do you think it'll work??? i mean, i dont want any sudden drilling/ hammering when my baby's asleep... esp. at night. i cant stop them during daytime.

anyway latest nuisance was last night. around 11-12midnight, they decided to do some HAMMERING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! it lasted for only few mins but it was CRAZY!!! right above my bedroom!!!! why???? whats so urgent???? :wong14:
Hi pineappletart mummy,

If your neighbour 'make noise' pass 11pm. You can lodge a police report against thn as by right, all resident are not allow to do any renovation work or make too much of a noise after 11pm unless they obtain approval frm HDB. If i were you, i will not hesitant but go right to their doorstep whenever they are drilling/hammering and let them know that it's late night oredi and they are not allow to do so and esp you have little ones at home, pls kindly do it during the day time or over the wkend. If they still persist, i will report to the police even though police will just go up to their house and warn them to lower their volume. Usually wont take any action one. But scare scare them oso good. hahaa

ali50n

Last time I live at my mum's place, there is this neighbour live 2 floors below us. Her family burn a lot of hell money, idk why she dun burn downstairs inside the tin. Her immediate neighbour have a jesus chirst cross from silver turn into brown. N the firemen came a few times cos the smoke can go from 7th floor to 12th floor (highest level) ppl tot on fire. Police came also no use cos they said it is under religion. Hate this neighbour man, hope one day ppl burn hell money for her. Now my mum side have lift upgrading think not so bad now...

@pineappletart: why not try, talk to them, peacefully, so that it would be a way to not cause any furthermore trouble as your neighbor is causing..