Chances for BTO

ling.er

Hi All daddy & Mummy i will like to knw tat :

1st timer Apply flat HDB give 2 chance righ ? Then have child & 1st timer so is 4 chance.. Then stay near parent 2 chance ??

Cos my fren apply for BTO gt success but i fail..

She was unmarry, no child but BTO near parent = 4 chance
Im marry with baby , BTO also near parent = Also 4 chance...

This is where i dun get it.. Y she 4 chance then i also 4 chance ><"

Last edited:

Ting

uhhh, means u unlucky? and she is lucky??? i believe BTO is abt luck lorr. u lucky u get a good number u not lucky, u wont even get a number.

jxmummy

Hi All daddy & Mummy i will like to knw that :

1st timer Apply flat HDB give 2 chance righ ? Then have child & 1st timer so is 4 chance.. Then stay near parent 2 chance ??

Cos my friend apply for BTO gt success but i fail..

This is where i dont get it.. Y she 4 chance then i also 4 chance ><"
check this out (quoted from HDB InfoWEB: Treatment for First-timers : Buying A New Flat)

New Flats from HDB

[SIZE=+0](i) Supply set aside for First-timers[/SIZE]
HDB safeguards at least 95% of the flats available for public application for the First-timer applicants who generally have more urgent housing needs than second timers.

Under the Sale of Balance Flats, where the number of units offered for public application is less than 10 units, all flats will be set aside for allocation to first-timer applicants. Second-timers will be invited to select if there are still balance flats for selection after all the first-timers have been invited to select these flats.

[SIZE=+0](ii) Higher Chances in the Ballot[/SIZE]
First-timer applicants are given 2 chances in the shortlisting of their applications, as compared to a Second-timer applicant, who will get one chance. In addition, First-timer applicants applying under the Married Child Priority Scheme (MCPS) will receive 2 more chances as compared to First-timer applicants, i.e. total of 4 chances. Please see illustration below:

Type of Applicant
Number of chances assigned
Second-Timer
First-Timer
Married Child Priority Scheme (Second-Timer)
Married Child Priority Scheme (First-Timer)

Although First-timers have higher chances, we cannot guarantee a 100% success for all First-Timers, especially when there is overwheming demand for the flats. Hence, it would not be possible for all First-Timers to be balloted with small queue numbers.

[SIZE=+0](iii) Additional Chances for Unsuccessful Attempts[/SIZE]
First-timer applicants who are not successful for 2 or more times in the application for a flat under the BTO in non-mature estates, will be given an additional chance for each subsequent unsuccessful attempt when they apply for a flat under the BTO in non-mature estates.

[SIZE=+0]Example[/SIZE]
For example, a First-timer applicant on his 3rd attempt would receive 3 (i.e. 2 plus 1) chances and 4 (i.e. 2 + 2) on his 4th attempt and so forth. Please see illustration below:

No. of previous unsuccessful attempts
Additional
Chances
to be assigned
Total chances to be assigned to first-timer applicant
Public Applicant (PA)
Married Child Priority Scheme (MCPS)
0 to 1
2+1
4+1
2+2
4+2
2+3
4+3

In computing the number of unsuccessful attempts, only applications where the applicant is not invited to select a flat under the BTO in non-mature estates will be considered.

Unsuccessful attempts under the Sale of Balance Flats and BTO for mature estates are not considered as the supply of flats is limited.

[SIZE=+0]Important Information[/SIZE]
(i) First-timers who are invited to select a flat but fail to book a unit for whatever reasons, all their previous unsuccessful attempts will be discounted (i.e. his records will be set to zero).

(ii) To manage the growing trend of repeated non-selection of flat by First-timers, First-Timer applicants who reject 2 chances to select a flat will have their First-Timer priorities removed for a period of one year. If they apply for a flat in any HDB sales exercise within that one-year period, they would no longer enjoy the above priorities for First-Timers.

Press Release: HDB REFINES ITS FLAT APPLICATION PROCESS TO ADDRESS REPEATED NON-SELECTION OF NEW HDB FLATS dated 22 May 2008

ling.er

Ya Maybe she is lucky . The problem i dun understand tat y she has 4 chance as well.. Cos she non marry ah.. Only think is she 1st timer & is near parent.. :embarrassed:

stonston

"Fiancee & Fiance" is considered FIRST TIME application, so it's the SAME as married couples with kids. Being officially married and with kids got no PRIORITY.

When I applied for my flat (also BTO), we were not married yet, going to get married. No kids at that time. We got queue no. 78. It's really your luck.

residentmumi

"Fiancee & Fiance" is considered FIRST TIME application, so it's the SAME as married couples with kids. Being officially married and with kids got no PRIORITY.

When I applied for my flat (also BTO), we were not married yet, going to get married. No kids at that time. We got queue no. 78. It's really your luck.
Agree with Stonston :)

residentmumi

Agree with Stonston :)
Hi All daddy & Mummy i will like to knw that :

Cos my friend apply for BTO gt success but i fail..

This is where i dont get it.. Y she 4 chance then i also 4 chance ><"
Don give up. Try again :)
I am stilling waiting for my BTO to be ready 2nd quater 2011. I apply right after I give birth to my toddler.

ling.er

Is tat so ... Haiz i suay lo.. hmm my MIL keep tell mi go HDB hub there & apply flat she say is more faster.. Is tat true ? COs i apply Online wan..

stonston

Is that so ... sigh i suay .. hmm my mother in law keep tell mi go HDB hub there & apply flat she say is more faster.. Is that true ? COs i apply Online want..

It's the same. Going down personally, they'll still ask you to apply online using their computer!

Ting

i think her MIL meant the walk in type for leftover flats???? like those HDB take back kind???

ling.er

If i wan flat also will look for Bukit panjan area cos MIL & my mum stay there ma.. Nw left over flat also nt much & i think is super far lo..

I also did tell my MIL same thing if apply online or go dwn personally ..

Chantel

Heyy pls don't give up. Govt alr announced tht they will increase the supply of flats for BTO. Just try for those projects tht u're interested. Heard tht bukit panjang is also launching BTO. Good luck!

Queenbabe

No more walk in, all apply online. Recently hdb announce of leftover flats. Did u apply?

I apply 2-3times then get, really must have luck :)

ling.er

Ya i knw OCT there will be BTO for BP as well.. Hope this time can .. As for resale flat my hubi dun wan = ="

Gem2505

hmm.. if u consider yourself unlucky, then i dunno what to say about myself.
my husband and i tried applying even before we got married.. now, married and im pregnant already, still no flat yet. went to the MP 3 TIMES! but still, situation DID NOT IMPROVE AT ALL!

we have applied 8 times! we got NONE! super duper sian. now that i'm going to deliver in FEB nx year, i got NO place for baby to slp. not even a place to put YAO LAN. tsk. i'm living under a 4rm flat, with 6 people in there. with baby, 7 then. i have to put baby in between my husband and I when time to come. im going crazy with HDB! their BALLOTING SYSTEM JUST SUCKS big TIME!

my cousins, whom is a 2nd timer got a flat on the same project as me~ wth right. i made noise to HDB, guess what they reply. IT ALL DEPENDS ON LUCK! wth. all those first timer priority is a pile of shit! say until they release how many BTO FLATS all that. i dont see people like us whom needs a flat urgently benefit from it at all. tsk! pissed!

Queenbabe

Gem2505, im staying in 4rm now with total 9 people :( , i dare not to say i have good luck even i already get my own house but also got to wait for 2years+... haiz i definitely know how u feel as i apply around 4times too & went to MP , they say the same thing is like cant do much as there is alot of people queuing in front of me.

Gem2505

Gem2505, im staying in 4rm now with total 9 people :( , i dare not to say i have good luck even i already get my own house but also got to wait for 2years+... sigh i definitely know how you feel as i apply around 4times too & went to MP , they say the same thing is like cant do much as there is alot of people queuing in front of me.
haiz.. mine is like 8 times already. really dunno whats the priority about seriously. we've been trying even before we ROM and our wedding dinner. coz both were different dates. we tried all these balloting for about 2 years already. still cant manage to get any. the most recent one was the punggol waterway.. my no. was 800++. =_=" only got 500+ flats. no chance one lar.
there were 3 ballotings, whereby its just nearby my in laws place.. somemore got 1 is opposite only, we still cant get it even its near parents.. 4X chances all that, seriously, bull shit to me.
but the COV are way too high. cant afford. so, no choice, we still have to continue all the $10 donations. haiz.
the last $10 we donate was to the most recent balanced flats (sept released). this time round, near parents again. dunno what will the outcome be like. hopefully we will get it this time.