Can rub Axe Oil or Tiger balm on Tummy?

joelhoon

Dear Mummy,

Tummy feel terrible...bloated...can i rub Axe Oil or Tiger balm on Tummy?
It won't effect the baby right?

apollo

ehh i rub such oil lik ruyi oil on my tummy quite often during preg.. cos keep having indigestion.. LOL!

seraph

Dear Mummy,

Tiger balm has some content (is it call menthol?) may lead to miscarriage, keep away from it.

avoid cold drinks may reduce the tummy bloating...
some special breathing method also can help, if you want to know, can write to me.

seraph

menthol may lead to miscarriage?? :err:

But most of those oil contains mentho right???
Not sure whether lead to miscarriage, just remember could not use, seem can lead to womb contraction, and miscarriage... not sure about this herbal item.

that is the reason most relaxing massage oil could not be used for pregnancy stage, especially some contains 麝香,that is even more powerful, in ancient days, queens use such thing for abortion ...

can just use oliv oil, safer...

citrella

I have been rubbing RU YI YOU every other night (since my 1st trimester) on my tummy coz I like the smell alot. But my mother-in-law says I shouldn't do that. I can't remember what exactly is the reason - I think is the contents in the oil.

I've stopped since and only been applying stretch mark cream on my tummy.

BeingSingle

all of these oils contain Menthol Crystals and/or peppermint. its ok to use as it is very dilutate. however, if you eat it, it will cause mis-carriage as it is a germicide and highly dangerous.

Peppermint oil for wounds, burns etc., infusion of any dried mint for decongestant, tincture. The after dinner mint soothes the stomach. Peppermint produces Menthol. Menthol is a key anesthetic (e.g. Ben-Gay), the vapors are an incredible decongestant (e.g. Vick's VapoRub), is germicidal, and helps morning sickness a great deal. Those wishing to alleviate morning sickness should use only dilute tea concentrations for reasons shown below. Peppermint is a hybrid of Spearmint and is the more potent due to the high menthol factor. Spearmint contains Carvone in comparison to Menthol. While not nearly as effective, Spearmint is much safer. Warnings: on rare occasions the fragrance of mint oil has caused gagging in children. Pure Menthol, ingested, is POISONOUS. A teaspoon can be FATAL. DO NOT ingest Peppermint oil or Menthol.

dloreangel

Dear Mummy,

no adverse effect from what i asked abt my doctor and also my parents (coz old folks wisdom sometimes more powerful than doctors). I am 7 month preggy now.... now and then will rub axe oil over my tummy too

but today got new problems.. getting those awful cramps like period cramps. sigh.... have not even started my periods the cramps come first :(

anyway i bought them online coz cheaper and convenient...
Axe Oil Tiger Balm medicated oils