Chances for BTO

Jantan15

I'm not very sure, but it was my friends who us this method and happen to get a good Q no... Ours also same, got a good Q no lol. I told a friend of mine, he also no luck after trying duno how many times... He is waiting for his app date now!
My friends and I all same situation, married and have kids de.

Jantan15

Can't remb will they prompt or indicate which day balloting starts. Just remb my hb received email n he quickly apply online early morning @ office.
Friend also went to see MP, lidat lol. His parents 3 room flat, he, spouse n son squeeze 1 room, very cramp. Bedroom consider small.

stonston

Jantan, pls dun give wrong info.
BTO is NOT based on first come first serve basis.
It does not matter if you applied first or applied just minutes before the deadline.

I applied for my unit (our first BTO) just 15 minutes before the deadline at midnight.
We got queue no 78 on first try.

IT'S PURE LUCK.

The updates that you can subscribe to on HDB website is just to alert you when there's a new project which you can try to apply. It does not mean that you are at disadvantage if you wait till you see it in the newspaper as long as you apply before the closing date.

Jantan15

Just sharing my experience, it is a FACT that's how I got my BTO flat. It's damn terrible and helpless when can't get a flat after trying so many times. If got $ buy landed property, no need discuss at this forum!

After getting the flat, still need to wait till it is ready Then Can Move In, you know how many Years ppl got to wait? Will sure try wys and means to get...

stonston

We opt for BTO 2x, first time was unsuccessful. 2nd was success! It was not thru luck, it was because we register E alert thru HDB webby. Before they announced to public regard BTO... We already got queue no online on that day. By the time the public is aware... Confirm no more chance.
Just in case you forgot what you typed.

Plus, I'm not the only one who read wrongly....
hmm.. if im not wrong, you are talking about the e-alert thing? whereby when there's a releasement of BTOs/Balance Flats, HDB will sms you.. telling you that they just released what project all those.
but this is just a sms and informing you on the newest project only.
even if you apply it before they release, you still have to go thru the balloting system. it does not give any priority on a "first-come-first-serve" in such case.

Maybe you should read carefully on the whole process of purchasing a flat from HDB directly from HDB website to be clear:
HDB InfoWEB: Apply for a Flat from HDB : Buying A New Flat

stonston

BTW, if it's that terrible, then just rent a place and move out first until you get your own place. That's what I did once we got married. We were waiting for our BTO flat to be ready and we stayed at a rented place. If it's really crap at existing house & you cannot tahan, just move out. No one is stopping you.

If you say that rental is expensive, then go through govt rental scheme. With MP's help, most of my friends got their rental units within 3 months.
And, now govt is trying to bring back a old scheme which is rent to couples who are waiting for BTO projects to be ready.

There's always a way out if you want to find it.

apollo

We opt for BTO 2x, first time was unsuccessful. 2nd was success! It was not thru luck, it was because we register E alert thru HDB webby. Before they announced to public regard BTO... We already got queue no online on that day. By the time the public is aware... Confirm no more chance.
sry i dun get u.. since they haven announce to the public regarding the BTO, how ur bnoe abt the BTO and hw ur able to apply and even got the no on that day? i tot once they open for registeration, everyone apply and only sometimes AFTER the reg ends, then they started to give out Q no???

apollo

anw i got my BTO the 1st time i applied. Q no 56. and true, it really depends on luck =)

Jantan15

Correct arh... Luck is JuSt a word! Wonder how it links to the word 'info'. Experience is base from true life, also Wrong.

My friend who got a good Q no was grumbling away, why didn't he thot of doin that all the while!

Indirectly, helping ppl... Also kanan complain

I was just grumbling away also got complain. Then wat's the purpose of joinin a forum?????????????

Jantan15

Where people want to stay, is up to them! Never ask people for opinion At All. Shows that people are too STRESS...

luvjoanne

cool it cool it! :)
its just a discussion afterall..

i got my BTO at first application. Telok Blangah Towers.. anyone also moving in there in 2012? i applied in 2007, its a freaking 5 yrs wait! but fortunately, we have place to stay so no hurry in moving in.. and in fact, we were thinking if we want to really move in after the BTO is completed as we are really comfortable and convenient at where we are now (with our parents :p). easier for my parents to look after my bb after i give birth too.

anyway, BTO is really abt LUCK. i also think that the number of chances are quite useless.. i didnt had any priority except first-timer, and i got a decent Q number to get a high rise unit.

All the best to all who are trying for BTO!

stonston

Luvjoanne, usually will be completed in less than 5 years. The 5 year estimate given to you has factored in 'emergencies' so that they would not be sued if they do not hand over the units to owners in time.

We moved into my BTO flat exactly 3 years after we paid the first downpayment of 5%.
It's usually plus minus 3-4 years. Usually won't drag until 5 years unless there's problems (like contractor bankrupt then change contractor).

Jantan15

Anyhow say... So be it lol.
Wonder WHY people I know of, so Coincidencely got a chance, who knows LUCK comes from PC??? Or rather Kiasu, faster get Q no, MORE LUCK.
No 1 mention about E service 吗!

Jantan15

Different family different LIfE. When ill health strikes, need $$$. Stay out of family... Need $$$ to pay rental.
If everybody can afford and have sufficient accomdation, no need keep building and building...

apollo

cool it cool it! :)
its just a discussion afterall..

i got my BTO at first application. Telok Blangah Towers.. anyone also moving in there in 2012? i applied in 2007, its a freaking 5 yrs wait! but fortunately, we have place to stay so no hurry in moving in.. and in fact, we were thinking if we want to really move in after the BTO is completed as we are really comfortable and convenient at where we are now (with our parents :p). easier for my parents to look after my baby after i give birth too.

anyway, BTO is really about LUCK. i also think that the number of chances are quite useless.. i didnt had any priority except first-timer, and i got a decent Q number to get a high rise unit.

All the best to all who are trying for BTO!
dun wry babe, usually max 4 yrs can get ur flat liaoo.. lik what stonston said, 5yrs is just an estimation. so far the BTO i seen, mostly within 4yrs will get keys =)

luvjoanne

the thing is, when i applied for my BTO, it was indicated as 2013 completion. then after some time from the start of construction, they adjusted it to 2012.
so it has already been "brought forward" 1 yr already.
if they bring it forward another year, it will be 2011, which is next yr! oops. then i will have to get a big headache thinking of moving in and reno ! cos' i didnt expect it to be that fast heehee.

stonston

the thing is, when i applied for my BTO, it was indicated as 2013 completion. then after some time from the start of construction, they adjusted it to 2012.
so it has already been "brought forward" 1 yr already.
if they bring it forward another year, it will be 2011, which is next yr! oops. then i will have to get a big headache thinking of moving in and reno ! cos' i didnt expect it to be that fast heehee.
Alot of people also did not expect will complete much earlier.
When you are free can go see look how's the construction progress.
You'll be amazed at how fast they can progress (cos the faster they finish, the faster they can collect $$$ from HDB).

If you are not in a hurry to move in, can leave it empty for a while.
Good point about moving in later is that all your surround units finish reno & you will not have to tolerate the noise/dust. Plus you can see look how others do up their units to get ideas before you start your reno.

luvjoanne

ya alot of ppl tell me my flat will be completed earlier.
i think it might probably still be 2012, but instead of 2ndQ, probably 1st Q or end of 2011?

there are a total of 38 storeys, 3 blocks for my BTO at TBT. the last visit was about 2 months back, the construction is at 30th floor. but the progress is quite slow actually. when i used to visit like every 2 weeks, they only construct 1 storey or at most 2 floors. furthermore, there is one building which seem to be building at a slower rate among the 3 (though that one is only 18 floors in total).

anyway.. i'll decide by then what i wanna do with the flat. its not good to leave the house empty for too long right? not good for the fengshui..

stonston

You believe in fengshui? Can do the open door ceremony first, then go back once in a while to visit.

Or you can delay collecting keys from HDB (means you start paying the installments later also). :)